Why the Next DLC is the most Important DLC of All Time…

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrSuperman, Sep 15, 2021.

1. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

My Opinion… My Opinion Only

This next DLC will be the Most important DLC of all time. Why?

Because of this House Of Legends DLC. We didn’t get any new content. We’re forced to play rehashed content. (Again)

Can you imagine if the Next “New” DLC is rehashed content/maps? I don’t think it will be well received by the player base if we were denied “New” content twice in a year.

Devs: Is the New DLC gonna be Brand New? Rehashed Content? What can we expect as loyal players?
    • Like x 15
  2. Belthazur Dedicated Player

What the Dev Team Decides to do with the Next DLC will Determine my Continued Support. If its More Trash like House of Legends Then I will be Gone.
    • Like x 9
  3. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

I enjoyed the House of Legends, and all I can say is I'm excited to see what new things the Developers brings to the table.
    • Like x 8
  4. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I have to agree with the opinion of MrSuperman and Belthazur. The next DLC will be important as it will be a deciding factor for me as well. I still feel slighted by the stat clamp no matter how many people try to convince me otherwise. 10 CR above any Not End Game content is to me insulting. I have been playing this game since 2014 when I first got my PS4 back at Christmas. I have been a subscribing member since 2014. I don't feel any respect or appreciation from the powers that be at Daybreak, and I most certainly have not felt any respect here on the Forums because of my objection to the stat clamp.
    • Like x 13
  5. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I have seven alts - I actually like longer uptime between DLCs and the opportunity to get more generally useful stuff without being locked in a small content window is the nines. I'm interested in seeing what happens next more because I want to see how they manage to balance the HOL additions with content going forward.
    • Like x 9
  6. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

For me personally, it’s the fact we didn’t get anything new. And if we are presented with another “New” DLC that is nothing but rehashed maps etc… it will just make me wonder what the company has really done the last year. Besides “new” materials etc…

Just curious. My personal morale with DCUO has been up and down the last ten years, But my morale hasn’t had a high point this year.

Worried Player Here…
    • Like x 5
  7. The Con Dedicated Player

TESTIFY!!!
    • Like x 8
  8. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Given the next DLC is rumoured to release late November, around the same time as both Thanksgiving and the anticipated Endwalker expansion for Final Fantasy XIV (DCUO's main competitor), the devs would have to pull something almighty out of the bag.

My expectations are staying low for now.
    • Like x 7
  9. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Also I think next DLC seems to be a decider for many players at the moment, elite players, casual players, everyone.

No pressure.
    • Like x 5
  10. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I'm certain they have had meetings upon meetings both before Ep 41 and after Ep 41 about the importance of Ep 42. I believe that they have factored in that a section of the player base is feeling alienated by the stat clamp and the underwhelming new membership perks (at least I still get my 150 replay badges and 500 Loyalty Points for now).

Having said that, I'm sure the pressure is being put on the devs, and all the other employees, who actually make this game that we have all enjoyed up until now, to make Ep 42 something spectacular. I hope it won't be like Legion, I was kinda let down by that one. I really enjoyed Wonderverse and Flashpoint. The teams are probably working long hours right at this moment to make Ep 42 special because so much is riding on it to be successful.
    • Like x 2
  11. Apollo Starr Active Player

I 100% agree with the OP. Since the latest DLC, if that’s what we’re calling it. I am playing less and less. Thankfully, Omnibus missions were reduced last week. Currently, I am playing the minimum, I don’t find it engaging. Been there done that. Yes, many instances aren’t hard, just tedious. I skip missions if I feel they will take too much time. I used to spend time everyday, I would jump in on feat runs even if I had them. Now, dailies, collect rewards, move to another game. I used to worry about what I wasn’t accomplishing, now I don’t care. My sub runs out in November and as of now I have no plans to resubmit. The sad thing is now that I am not playing as much, I don’t think I will care. I will just log in from time to time and see how things go. Maybe the next dlc pulls me back.

Or maybe for a new bonus week … unclamped week. Yeah, I would play as much of possible that week, but probably won’t happen. I have come to peace with the direction. It was 10 fun years and nothing will take that away. The only good thing I have found about this DLC is that I have gained more time and will save money. That’s a win, I guess.
    • Like x 5
  12. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

My personal moral has been down as well ever since my negative first experiences with the clamped raids & alert. I log on before work, check my mail, check on my league, and log off until the next day. I too use to worry about what I wasn't accomplishing. Now, I'm mostly on FF14, I'm working on getting my own Regalia car. I can only hope that Ep. 42 in November will have something for those of us alienated by Ep. 41. If not, I have already purchased Endwalker for FF14.
    • Like x 3
  13. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

I agree that it's too often based on déjà vu, it needs new raid locations and environments and it's too often based on the same Flash, Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and Brainiac characters, it's time to see new locations and new characters, I hear this type of complaint regularly in league discussions. There are many more characters or leagues, teams and organizations in this universe, it's time to see them!

For my part, I greatly appreciate for the most part the changes made by house of legends, I find that we can finally really play DCUO, but I agree with the opinion on the stats limit, this is an insult to loyal players and to those who have been generously spending to reach the maximum level of their characters and those who are looking to reach the HL stat and wish to take advantage of it as much as possible !
    • Like x 3
  14. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

I’m looking at a few responses to this thread, and I don’t think I am over reacting.

But that’s your opinion, your entitled to it.

Only time will tell, when the devs release the livestream for the “new” DLC, let’s see what the community opinion is. If it’s great new content, all will be well. If it’s another Gotham, Metro, or rehashed environment, You might be happy but I don’t think many will.
    • Like x 2
  15. Canadian Justice Committed Player

The next DLC is just that, the next DLC. I don't think it'll be any more or less special than any typical DLC. Save the Universe was merely a side diversion to keep us busy while all the changes surrounding it were introduced, it wasn't intended to be a fully fleshed out DLC. Though I do understand the sentiment. I think every player has that line that must not be crossed, so to speak. It's not wrong to have that walk away point in mind, nor is it wrong to walk away.
    • Like x 2
  16. FoolsFire Devoted Player

[IMG]

"Hey Rocky, watch me pull a DLC out of my hat!"
    "Again?"

[IMG]

"Nothing up my sleeve..."

[IMG]

"Presto!" ----------- "GROWL"

[IMG]

"Wow, I didn't even have the test server live yet."
    • Like x 1
  17. KiraDanvers Well-Known Player

I can kind of give the devs a pass on this one (not giving us new content this episode) because of the work they've done 'under the hood' in trying to make old content relevant again. I can't exactly say I'm a fan of the stat clamping, but it also doesn't really bother me that much anyway as I have thousands of Source Marks stockpiled and am in no real need to farm for them. However......

I am bored with the game right now.
    There just seems to be so little to do at the moment! Without an open world in this episode and the associated daily/weekly bounties to do, and without the lure of the Omnibus content, I just run out of stuff to do very quickly. I don't even have the old daily routine of doing the vault and stabilizer mission anymore either! It's just a solo and and alert. And one raid on a Thursday. That's it. I get about 20-30 minutes of gameplay and I've done everything for the day. It kinda sucks! I don't even feel like loading up my alts because I'd just be doing the same two missions over and over. It gets so boring!

I know this is a contentious thing to say on here, but I actually miss the bounty farming from WV and Legion!

Towards the end of Legions lifespan I took a couple of weeks off, to prepare myself to get back into a hardcore grind when World of Flashpoint dropped, but after having spent a year getting used to doing bounty farming I actually found going back to the old format to be really dull. Once I'd done the raids on a Thursday, all I had left to do each day was a duo, an alert and the daily OW bounties. I ended up kind of casually 'coasting' through that episode and hoped I'd be able to get back into the swing of things when this episode dropped instead as the devs promised BIG things, but I now find that I've got even LESS to do!

Sure, we do get more currency from the missions we have now, but the content is severely lacking! I'm hoping the next episode is something special because the last two have been major let-downs for me!
    • Like x 3
  18. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

They already confirmed what will happened next dlc. They confirmed it before STU even hit test. Episode 42 will go back to being a traditional raid focused dlc. Episode 41 was formatted the way it was for a number of reasons. Main being they were short staffed. STU was always meant to be an event which was put in to bridge the gap between the end of flashpoint and the start of the next episode.
    • Like x 5
  19. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Well they've really setup Perpetua for the next DLC (or very soon) and the content team had an extra quarter to work on that content, so I'm sure it'll be enjoyable for most players. (Assuming the content is good enough to overlook the problems created by GU41.2021).

But the point isn't lost... they really have some goodwill to regain. I can see this being a last straw for many players if the content isn't brilliant.
    • Like x 2
  20. Proxystar #Perception

Every DLC is always the most important and every DLC people say it's the final straw and every DLC the same players come back regardless.

It's like a broken record at this point, you're going to play it anyway, no matter what and you all know it :D
    • Like x 10