I do not understand CR bands now

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SethZoulMonEl, Sep 14, 2021.

1. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

The CR bands seem very strange to me, especially in the lower tiers. I hit CR 60, which is the lowest CR for tier 1, but I am now able to access tier 2 content? My character is now at CR 98, but I get alternate rewards for running the Solitary Riot and Infiltrating Ace missions in the outer world. That makes little sense since I don't technically get out of relevancy until I hit tier 3 at CR 100? Err... What?

Does anyone else find the bands per tier bizarre?
  2. BumblingB I got better.

Reward issues is probably a bug, you should report it to the dev section rewards thread. Relevancy isn't a thing anymore. You are either end game or early endgame.

As for the new tiers, because clamping is a thing, it gets confusing overall, since you can be boosted up, it really does matter what tier you are in. I should see what running a low level is like in content using the Omnibus.
    • Like x 4
  3. Noxious Flora Well-Known Player

98% sure those specific missions are like that specifically because gotham and metro are not clamped.
    • Like x 1
  4. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I personally think they need to change how it works. When I'm 60, I should be in tier 1 and not get access to tier 2 until I hit CR73 at least. I feel the tier gating should be based on passing the enemies' CR. Also odd that tier 2 bumps me up to CR88 as the minimum even though tier 1 maxes out at CR83. If that is the case, I would then think CR88 should be the minimum to get into tier 2.

As you said, it's pretty confusing. I will report the Rewards issue, and thanks.
  5. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Yeah, I'm sure it's because I'm over CR83 (or maybe even 60?), but the whole gating system is not explained in a clear way.
  6. Steamboat2302 Well-Known Player

More than likely, tho I will say, running unclamped missions in gotham and metro still lets you scale your gear to 280. Which is interesting.
    • Like x 1
  7. Bipolar Diva Well-Known Player

For the most part it's easy.
    • Like x 2
  8. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Yeah, it's not too bad, but it is noticeable being 60 vs 83 in tier 1 as damage role. The other roles are easier to get by with when lower. I wonder how a full group of new players who just reached level 30 would do in all the raids.
  9. BumblingB I got better.

The boosted up is the reason why it works. The gear is either what comes out of the instance or the level agnostic gear (280). So in theory, you should also be able to do all EEG instances, as you would be boosted to the entry level for it.
    • Like x 2
  10. Bipolar Diva Well-Known Player

With people now forced to engage in blocking, rolling, hitting button they are getting there. Pickups, not so much.