Dev Discussion Episode 41: Pet Vendor and Iconic Weapon Styles

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Charon, Aug 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sebfm Well-Known Player

Would love to have the Batman iconic weapon style to be available for Martial arts too. It would seem legit IMHO. :)

BTW I do love the way DCUO is improving. Keep it up devs <3
    • Like x 1
  2. Ryazan Dedicated Player

I found out Aqualad's Waterblade 2H style has the same problem. Will that be fixed as well?
  3. Charon Lead Content Designer

Anything reported would get fixed so since this is reported, yes, it will get fixed.
    • Like x 3
  4. Magnificent Loyal Player

Ran Brothers In Arms the other night, found out the Iconics in the Speed Force tunnel drop nothing (they used to have loot tables which dropped at least something). Do Iconic Weapon styles have a chance to drop there from the appropriate Iconic in the tunnel?
  5. Charon Lead Content Designer

Provide a list of iconics you'd expect to drop please.
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Heat Wave.

Captain Cold and Captain Boomerang as of the halloween patch. Those are the ones I can think of right now, at least.
    • Like x 1
  7. Magnificent Loyal Player

I went ahead and listed all of the Iconics from both sides of BiA in case you all are adding the missed ones to a spreadsheet somewhere. I've listed the associated style types with each who have weapon styles in the game thus far.

Here's a list of all the villains which run through the tunnel if running BiA as heroes:
    Captain Cold (Cold guns)
    Heat Wave (Pistols)
    Weather Wizard (Wand style box)
    Captain Boomerang (no iconic style... yet)

Here are the heroes who run through the tunnel if running BiA as villains:
    Cyborg (no iconic style... yet)
    Donna Troy (no iconic style... yet)
    Nightwing (no iconic style... yet)
    Starfire (no iconic style... yet)
  8. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Cyborg and Nightwing have the escrima sticks and the hand cannon.
    • Like x 2
  9. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

[IMG][IMG]

Would clay faces mace fists work as a brawler weapon? When he spawns them on he uses brawling attacks.

Also wondering if we can re-tool the cyborg cannon into a brawling style as well
  10. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Since I haven't seen a new thread specifically for requesting new Pets, I'm just gonna post this here.

Since the Save the Universe storyline opens up the Multiverse, I want to see, as Pets, the GCPD flying drones from the graphic novel Batman: Digital Justice...

[IMG]

And make sure their Gatling cannons are devastatingly powerful at ALL 3 Experience Levels, as the graphic novel shows rather graphically what those guns do to human bodies. ;)
    • Like x 1
  11. Brandon-richard Active Player

Two handed Boomerang and Nekron scythe please.
    • Like x 1
  12. Lucerne Active Player

A new take on the Cyborg gun based on the more modern takes on the character would be amazing as a hand blasters weapon- or as said, brawling?

Also Mr Freeze's gun is bugging out on female characters and clipping right through the offarm- sprite body type in particular is a bad offender.
  13. PhilOsyfee Active Player

I'll happily take a redo of the Energy Battery Gauntlets (Krona's Gauntlet) as Hand Blasters, or even Evil Stars Star Bands? Just a thought.
    • Like x 1
  14. Super Lantern Active Player

Surprised we didn't get Mister Freeze inspired Hand Blasters, it's only other weapon that he uses aside from his freeze gun.
    • Like x 1
  15. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Since I never watched that show, are they meant to be blasters built into his suit, or were they trying to make him a metahuman?

Either way, if you're dissatisfied with the look of all of the Hand Blasters weapon styles in the game, you can set the displayed Primary Weapon as "Bare Hands" and use a regular Hand Style of your choice that more closely matches how you want those blasters to look. :cool:
    • Like x 1
  16. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

The Most Powerful Man in the Universe really likes his new Power Sword...

[IMG]

...but he HATES that it is not Tintable, and can't even display Chroma Materials correctly (the whole sword is treated as a single Color Slot.)

When can this be addressed? :confused:
    • Like x 1
  17. Charon Lead Content Designer

Not any time soon. Part of the deal with these iconic weapons coming out was you get what you get. I take the existing art we have and do all the work to get them to you. Art does not have time to go back and change these assets. I can add it as a back log item and we'll see when it can happen but don't hold your breath.
    • Like x 3
  18. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Was Victor Fries/Mr. Freeze ever depicted in the comics as other than being in a cryogenic suit and using a freeze gun?

Not that anyone is required to keep their own characters in alignment with the comics; I'm just curious, since if that's the case, it was a period I missed reading.
    • Like x 2
  19. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Not that I'm aware of, but then, there's a lot of Elseworlds/Hypertime stories I haven't read. I know that in the Nu 52 Era, Captain Cold briefly became an actual metahuman with cold powers, but that didn't last long.
    • Like x 2
  20. Super Lantern Active Player

Don't take this as disappointment, I'm just generally surprised that we got a duel pistols version over a hand blasters version, it's just weird that we have duel pistol options, since Freeze doesn't duel wield freeze guns.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.