Empowered Channeling Mod

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by valiant Villian, Sep 13, 2021.

1. valiant Villian Well-Known Player

I have this equipped in hand slot and I notice that my heat vision and energy expulsion still get interrupted at times. Makes me wonder if the mod is actually kinda useless and should I switch to something different.
    • Like x 1
  2. Whodini Well-Known Player

My alts chain gun is getting interrupted a lot as well...a nerf or just not working correctly?
    • Like x 1
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Someone mentioned a while ago that if you're grounded the mod doesn't work.
    • Like x 1
  4. Noxious Flora Well-Known Player

Interrupted or ended early? The only power I've seen so far that actually can be interrupted with this mod is minigun.
  5. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Works fine for me using Heat Vision, Freeze Breath and my finisher
  6. Jcal Dedicated Player

I feel like people too loosely use the word interrupted in regards to this hand mod. Are you saying you get "interrupted," you know, the hard counter? Or are you just getting stopped? Because you can get stopped even with the mod. Grounding and some CC are just too strong and annoying, lol.

If you are getting hard countered, though, that's definitely a problem. I've never experienced that while using IC.
  7. BumblingB I got better.

I have no problems with it and my Photon Blast. For the most part, I only ever get bumped out of it is form changes, movement changes(grounding) and jump cancelling.

If you are being interrupted (little blue reticule above your head and enemy lunges you), make sure you have your generator at max and the batteries are not out.

Also, there are some edge cases where counter-able attacks can overlap the channel power's window that allows it to be interrupted. (Range hold weapon to channel, as an example.)
    • Like x 2
  8. valiant Villian Well-Known Player

I'm getting stopped. Stopped is not 'interrupted'? Sometimes my heat vision gets canceled in the first half second. Same with energy expulsion. So if this mod does not allow you to do your power with no interruptions, what exactly is it supposed to do?
  9. Noxious Flora Well-Known Player

Specifically stops you from getting countered and (usually) prevents most crowd control effects.
  10. BumblingB I got better.

Removes the match counter option from it and for the most part, allows you to not be stopped by most control effects by enemies. (Boss pulls, as an example.) There are some control effects that overwrite it, usually ones that are to prevent you from circumventing the mechanics of the instance. Grounding effect as an example. Zoom's spin pull at the end of that alert and so on.

It's useful, as with out it, one Match NPC will have you land on your butt more often than not.
  11. valiant Villian Well-Known Player

Okay, I have a better understanding. Thanks for all the input. Much appreciated.
    • Like x 2