Allies not alt friendly

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by thedemonocus, Sep 13, 2021.

1. thedemonocus Loyal Player

Why is ally favor account bound? That just makes alts even less worth it. Its bad enough that quarks are account bound and 5000+ quark styles are only good for 1 character, then you have artifacts that take forever to build up. Its just not worth it to make alts anymore.
    • Like x 2
  2. Steamboat2302 Well-Known Player

since its account bound, wouldn't alts be useful in leveling up your primary toons allies? I wouldn't call them not worth it from that.
    • Like x 5
  3. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

For me, I love it being account bound. I don't suffer from "alt creep" or "alt main syndrome" or whatever we decide to call it. My main gets everything, my alts get his leftovers. They exist to farm for him. They will get things such as the non elite vendor gear, well one does. They do get their artifacts built up with whatever non tradeable nth they accrue and then whatever main doesn't need. Same with nth metal from salvage. Even their source marks are for the main 1st then them if they need something. Never spend more than my monthly RPs on buying them sp. As of now, I have 3 alts that are all well into most game and completely competent at dual role ability. So anyone like me, which there are plenty of, love account bound things like this. None of my alts have allies. They will eventually once my main has a bunch done.
    • Like x 3
  4. thedemonocus Loyal Player

Not really because you still would have to level your alts allies up too unless you were just going to use them as ally favor farmers and never actually level their allies but at the same time you could just run old content on your main for ally favor so alts are still not really worth it. I have 14 alts but stopped using them because its just too costly and time consuming to maintain them, i was using 4 of them for awhile but now i went back to just using my main.
    • Like x 1
  5. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I get what you're saying but why farm old content on your main? Keep your 3 or 4 toons all at end game. It takes 2 hours a day to run 4 toons thru the latest dlc and only run them in that. Build up their currency and get them purple drop gear. Use them to farm while keeping them relevant. My OP gloves were done in a week while barely using broker. All my OP pieces are done in under 3 weeks thanks to them. My 3 allies were $20 and a week and a half of running them to max my mains 3. Now I'm sitting on 48000 ally xp a week later. Saving up for aquaman then it's the alts turn. I'll concentrate on one at a time and they'll have my main amd the other 2 alts grinding for them. They'll each get 3 by the time the next dlc hits for free
    • Like x 2
  6. BumblingB I got better.

TBH, it doesn't change a lot from other alt unfriendly things.

It's designed for players to buy the materials, just like artifacts.
    • Like x 3
  7. Steamboat2302 Well-Known Player

I have 25 alts. I use them as I want to experience something different in the game. I use them to help out players at differing places in the game. I use them to farm for my main. I'm just pointing out there is a way to justify them even with the allies part being true. I take my main into the harder instances, into endgame etc. I still have fun with my alts.
    • Like x 2
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

You know what would make allies more alt friendly? Making legendaries redeemable for the whole account. ;)
    • Like x 6
  9. Steamboat2302 Well-Known Player

Did you see in the Q&A that this was definitely being discussed. (forget which dev said it)
    • Like x 2
  10. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

It was Panderus. Fingers crossed! :D
  11. BumblingB I got better.

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  12. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

That sure would squash a lot of complaints. And then making them function would be sweet too!
    • Like x 2
  13. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Well, I was going to use Aquaman for combat anyway. :D
  14. BumblingB I got better.

I want his passive, tbh... Pets pets and more pets!
  15. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Well Mepps also said on discord that they’ll have more information about that this week. Hopefully the announcement I’m hoping for will come at the same time. :D
  16. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I kinda wish their was an account wide discount on Quarks, gear, Artifacts and Allies that would help out on alts. Sort of like when you get a feat for the vendor gear style you get a discount so your other role can have an easier time getting their CR up too. Now not suggesting a game breaking discount just a teeny bit so it's helps on the grinding grief of your alts.
  17. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Most the game should be alt friendly

I know I bring it up a lot but eso is 100% alt friendly the only thing that doesn’t get carried over is the feats and skill points (which is different then our skill points)

Their “skill point system” similar to ours is champion points and those carry over to all your alts

Your “lairs” in that game are all shared you don’t have to furnish a lair per alt

All gear is tradable too other characters

All materials are shared in the craft bag

It’s way more alt friendly

I play on multiple characters there in dcuo tho nah no thanks
    • Like x 2
  18. Lady Mystyk Active Player

You do know that you can use only what you want per toon. You do not have to use all of it on any toon when you fortify.
  19. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Yeah if they could make money and Source Marks and Seasonal currency account bound so all alts could use it it'd be a huge plus in my book. It's not like players wouldn't still run content to farm stuff it'd be the opposite and I'm sure their Replay badges sales would go up. Instead of getting burnt just running your main toon players would be happy to run alts and stay longer in DCUO online as a result if the game were more alt friendly.
  20. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I’ve been a broken record about this I’m sure a lot don’t agree with me

But stay points need and over haul

I don’t mean anyone lose any of their current stat points but how I would over haul it

And again I’ve said this so many times people might be sick of it

Step one: feats no longer reward skill points rather then have the skill points be determined based on feats let’s take it back to how we got them prior to level 30… every instance or enemy killed counts towards xp the xp bar at the bottom of your screen now is back to show you how much further you have til your next skill point.

Step 2: whatever skill points you have earned up to the point of the change stays with you. So no one loses their points or anything they paid for

Step 3: skill points give diminishing returns the closer you are to maxing them out. So new players will be racking up skill points quickly to catch up however the amount they get as they level will diminish at certain thresholds as to slow the progression that way those who have put more time into the game can still have a considerable lead in skill points … but the more time you put in game the more you have regardless

Step 4: skill points are now account bound so all your alts benefit from this (your too with the highest number of skill points will be your jumping off point)

Step 5: feats would now reward cosmetics thst you can only get by completing those feats (styles,auras,accessories, titles, materials etc)

Step 6: whatever styles you have no longer need replays to unlock for other characters all characters can use styles now replats once again are used to replay instances

Step 7: xp boosting avaivble In market place or crafted in game … (if they even do this) in game can give you 100% more xp earned for 30 mins/ market xp boosters give you 150-200% more xp for 120 mins
    • Like x 1