A Hard Goodbye to everyone, Bye Dcuo.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by GameOnGabeYT, Sep 9, 2021.

1. Hraesvelg Always Right

I was 29 in January (in my 20's) when the game started. It's been 10 years (29-39) this past January, my birthday is later in the year (several months over 40 now).

I never said it was in operation for 20 years. Thanks for trying to check my math, though.
    • Like x 2
  2. zNot Loyal Player

I know realized it after i wrote it but you made it seem like dc is insanly old
  3. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

You're never too old for Videogames.:rolleyes:
  4. Dazz-252 Committed Player

I didn't thoroughly read it. I just naturally assumed it was another stat scaling complaint as i had just came from such a topic. xD
    • Like x 1
  5. Hraesvelg Always Right

No one ever said you were. When I was a kid, I played Space Invaders and Super Mario Bros. a lot. Now, I only play them on occasion. People's tastes and preferences change as they get older. I still like DCUO, but I don't play it in the same way as I used to. Much like my RL friends, I don't spend all night sitting around drinking and talking. My friends and I have grown up, moved to different parts of the country. We still talk and message lot, and do sometimes game together, but we only see each other a few times a year. We're still good friends, but our relationships have changed over time.

Are you static in your life, your relationships, your job, and your preferences from ten years ago? The only permanent thing is impermanence.
  6. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Ah I see carry on.:D
  7. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

He’s right tho

I used to play dcuo religiously for a few years … then eso came out and I left it for a while … I’ve come back peridoically for a month or so at a time but the fire isn’t what it was.

I still enjoy it just I focus more on other games now.

I even quit eso

I look for games now where I can play all content either solo or with people since my gaming hours don’t take up most my day anymore

That’s why I play games like outriders or monster hunter even marvel avengers (if it were better I would have kept playing it)

Dcuo you can’t really play solo I mean you can but it’s not designed with thst in mind and if you’re playing solo It’s more taxing

I don’t fault anyone for wanting to leave … but I would advise they don’t get rid of their stuff or money just in case
    • Like x 4
  8. ALB Dedicated Player

So Khandaq was the last straw for you? Content that's literally 10 years old? Khandaq that was literally easier 10 years ago? That's the worst "I quit" reason I've seen
    • Like x 1
  9. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Lol, well I get that. Plenty of those threads around
    • Like x 1
  10. inferno Loyal Player

The Stat-clamped instances were never supposed to be a challenge, at least, not for end game players. The whole purpose was to increase the queue times of these instances, remove the ability of players to "roll through" or solo instances that were never meant to be that way.

To provide a more enjoyable experience both for the up-levelling player and a re-visiting end-player. This is the warning I told my league-mates that were for Stat-clamping. Don't expect a challenge. Do not expect the same level of difficulty that you remember.

That challenge that players are looking for in these old instances are supposed to come from "Save the Universe" content.

The only times when you are supposed to fail in these instances is when you fail a particular goal. Such as in PZone, preventing all six supplies to go through the portal, or in the First boss of FOS 1 (failing to eliminate in time) or in Saving Justice (failing to save the 3 JSAers. Most of the mechanics in these content is supposed to be survivable for players and easily more so if they are with competent support roles.

This is the reason why the DEVS are STILL devoting resources and listening to player's feedback on any and all instances being run.
  11. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Leaving over a Khandaq change? At this point in time?

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  12. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

Nerfing a fairly simple Raid from early in the game's life is a symptom of dumbing the game down for casual play. There was a time when you pretty much needed a regular group of players to Raid with. You at least vetted the folks you picked up on LFG. Rushing players to endgame and now the Omnibus have created more casual game experience - the difficultly needs to fit that.
    This new business model with a currency based subscription makes all of the content seem less important and only there for the grind. It's not a skill based game selling new content anymore. It's a game that sells currency to 'level up' widgets that do things to make the game easier. The original game concept is fundamentally broken compared to even 5 years ago let alone 5 months ago. I think that player turnover has been embraced, $1000 from 4 people over a few months is easier to get than $1000 from one person over years. Loosing episodes in the subscription means players aren't paying for a gameplay experience, they're paying for progress.
    • Like x 2
  13. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

Have you rewatched The MAtrix after knowing about a D&D game? NEO is a newb D&D player discovering they have no limits... more or less.... if they roll a crit 20.....

• Like x 1
  14. GameOnGabeYT Well-Known Player

Yea that’s pretty much it, I nothing bad to to say the game went in a different direction l then the one I started as basically a young adult I’m 33 now, and from the post here majority of the player base seem ok with what the game is currently that’s when I knew that it was better I step back and simply find something that suits what I’m looking for.
    • Like x 1
  15. GameOnGabeYT Well-Known Player

It’s been a pleasure over the years Rebeldex I hope all’s been well.
  16. GameOnGabeYT Well-Known Player

No doubt at all Hellstroke you definitely one of the good guys.
    • Like x 1
  17. GameOnGabeYT Well-Known Player

I think I want to see what’s going on with FFXIV it’s pve seems the offer something to everyone. I always been a bit of a collector for rare stuff in games and it’s mount system seems to pretty dope.
  18. GameOnGabeYT Well-Known Player

You pointing out the key to everything this ain’t the only reason but the fact that content that is literally 10 years old needs to be toned down cause players today refuse to work as a team speaks a lot to the direction the game is today and the solution to how the dev team handles issues. As I said before the bonds I have in this game with players came from the struggles we had back then, the time we spent beating the harder content like inner, sub, prime we went into raids not expecting to beat them every time. That is what makes a MMO great to me, pushing myself to be better, I haven’t been forced to grow as a player in Dc in years and to me that’s a sign that says I need to try explore my options in gaming.
    • Like x 1
  19. GameOnGabeYT Well-Known Player

This exactly was the conclusion I came to. I have nothing to strive for currently as player. I’m not a role player and I have tremendous respect these days for those who pleasure come from gaining that new style or new accessory. My pleasure came from those days we struggled getting our butts kicked learning the new phases to fights I swear it took days to learn how to beat Sub Construct. It’s funny but something simple as blocking in has first phase to not die to the rockets was so achieving only to get to his next phase and see a scorpion running loose and wiping the group. That stuff was a real experience.
    • Like x 1
  20. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

Different people like different things. Some might want a game with extreme challenge every step of the way that they can spend 16 hours every day of the week for months trying to beat. Some want to relax after a day of working everyday or all week and just play with friends and family. Some treat their game as a job many treat it as fun that should never feel like a job. Some want something in between.

The companies that own these games have to walk a line between their main money making base and the rest. If causal bankrolls it then casual it shall be. If hard core gamer with no job (not judging they might be independently wealthy) that plays nearly every waking hour funds it then that's who they cater too. It's highly improbable that any game will balance someone that wants an all time consuming game of extreme difficulty with the majority of the working world's players. That's just how it goes.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 5