Adding an option to play old instance without stats clamped would just solve everything

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jason Martin, Sep 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Proxystar #Perception

And in one foul swoop you prove your ignorance and lack of experience in game through the peddling of an outright lie.
    • Like x 2
  2. Proxystar #Perception

Oh nah the threads been around longer than the weekend :D, my guess is it's useful for him as long as it stays in the one (or at most two) threads. :)
  3. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

OK but where are the FFXIV sceenshots?
    • Like x 2
  4. Apollonia Dedicated Player

So you believe the Devs told me somewhere that taking progress away from players, reverting content to what it was back in 2011 etc was a good thing and progressive?

Aside from the fact that we haven't had any 1:1 talks (hehe)... Maybe look up progressive and regressive. You seem to believe they mean the opposite of what they mean.
    • Like x 4
  5. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

The fairest way to do the Stat clamp is with rotating content and the 3 newest episodes. It was already being done with things like the Flashpoint event. Every couple weeks feature an old episode, stat-clamped that drops marks. Leave the rest of the old game as it was except for skill feats. The skill feats & marks should only be available in new or clamped content. And, the 3 newest episodes should have some form of clamp to keep them all at the intended difficulty.

The way I see it is the real villain in this is the Omnibus. It was just a cheap way to add on some more stupid repetitive grind feats to a no-new-instances Episode. In order for the Omnibus / Save the Universe to work best they needed to use all the content. Over the years Run count Feats became a massive developer crutch to extend content life. Adding in the daily rewards is the latest device to keep people logged in. I was hopeful the they would use the opportunity to back off the grind feats, but everything changes, and nothing changes. The whole gameplay loop for DCUO has created more and more unhealthy expectations for its player base.
  6. Proxystar #Perception

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  7. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

Actually they said I don't deserve anything for what I said which is actually dumb to say...what they SAID is dumb, and thats not a violation because I'm not insulting them personally, but I'm sure you'll find a way to twist that. Because I what did was take their argument and turned it on its head. I proved their argument wrong by saying that if their was such a big crowd that was actually in support of stat clamp (which their clearly isn't) then getting into content clamped when their is an option to do otherwise shouldn't be a problem what so ever. But they know deep down that I know, that people wouldn't run clamped because they don't want to be clamped.

Secondly I tried repeatedly with that particular person to meet in the middle, and it didn't matter because they want everyone to conform to the way they play the game. I remember that person saying outright that they don't work hard for feats and they don't have a lot of SP so they backed the CR differential system pretty hard because of that which is inherent bias and shows they cannot be objective. In fact it doesn't really what changes the devs make, that particular person will back almost anything which is another example of the lack of objectivity.
  8. The Con Dedicated Player

LOL @ you thinking that your gif is somehow unknown....

As an adult.... I don't care what your gif means... I DO know what it ultimately means:

YOU HAVE NO REAL RESPONSE OR COUNTER... so you evaded with a picture.... which is a concession.

Concession noted.

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  9. Dev72 Dedicated Player

Adding such an option technically negates the purpose behind clamping older content even though bleed through is highly apparent.

It is clear the Devs want and encourage endgame players to bring their experience and their bleed through stats into older content to help new or returning players, while allowing them to learn mechanics moving forward; regardless of the incessant moaning and groaning. However, the option is also there not to do so, with the ability to "chase that gear" behind unclamped content with full rewards as before in current save the universe content as well as end game content.

But, of course there still will be DC Snobs who would rather belittle than help, as apparent with some posts on this forum, including by those in game.
  10. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

At this point y’all just want something to complain about, they put source marks back into end game content, so now you don’t even have to smell clamped content if you don’t want to, yet we’re still here complaining about something that the devs have tried to mediate.
    • Like x 2
  11. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

So to some up.

"I love stat clamping "Insert reasons" so everyone should."

General response:
    [IMG]

"I don't care for this new stat clamp because "Insert reasons."

Current response:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  12. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  13. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

14. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

[IMG]

Such a simple concept
    • Like x 3
  15. Steamboat2302 Well-Known Player

1. In order to have ownership, you must logically have the ability to claim something as yours. I'm merely stating that ownership does not cause feelings, its attachment.

2. It's your home, but its not your house. You have the rights laid out legally and in your contract. Same applies here. If your contract was for 12 months, and the owner of the house then wishes to return to their house...they can ask you, with notice, to vacate the premises at the end of your 12 month contract and move in. Thus, losing what for the previous year you felt was your home, and was in fact your home, but not your house.

3. That was my point, video game characters are nowhere near as important as my friends, and even friends, their importance, is not dictated by a feeling of ownership of them. It doesn't create said attachment, nor does it ensure those friends remain friends either.

The renting of a house is a perfect example of why you are wrong in your responses here. The terms of service, unless overridden by laws, are the contract. All they are doing is following what your consent gives them to follow. The perception of ownership just isn't implied in this or in a rental contract.
  16. The Con Dedicated Player

That's not a completely invalid argument....

But, I never suggested that one has to have legal ownership to have that sense of ownership to have that sense of loss...

Ownership has a broad spectrum of definition. She might not be legally owned by you.. but your wife is still YOUR wife. (edit - legally)

It's that personal attachment that makes something yours... and losing that attachment is what creates that sense of loss.

Yes... But you also have rights not listed in the renter's agreement.

I mean....

If somebody breaks in and steals your stuff... it's the same as if it was your house.

Police still need a search warrant...

Vampires still need to ask for your permission to enter...

(that last one is just a joke.... Don't look for vampire movies where a renter gets screwed over by an owner)
    • Like x 2
  17. Steamboat2302 Well-Known Player

1. Ownership doesn't have a broad spectrum of definition. It has a definition. What you own doesn't have rights itself. Saying I own my wife is tantamount to saying she is my slave.

2. Your rights are determined by the rental agreement (terms of service) and applicable current law. Laws can, and will change, but currently there is nothing about the terms of service of DCUO that is in any way illegal, nor does it imply any perceived ownership. As long as you follow the terms of service, you are allowed to use the service, but you have no recourse for how that service functions if it changes later.

3. If someone breaks in and steal your stuff (the stuff you own) its the same as if it was your house, because by definition, what was stolen was in fact your stuff. If all they did was break down the door and run away the police would compensate the home/apartment owner for the door and they would have to fix their stuff.

4. Police need a warrant to search your stuff. It doesn't matter if you have a home, an apartment, live at work, or live on the streets, the warrant is for searching through your stuff. A landlord, however, can allow the police into your residence, and they can observe or collect evidence in any areas deemed common areas. Not specifically your stuff, but their presence in your apartment/house is not required to have your permission.
  18. The Con Dedicated Player

I'm gonna stop here... because I don't care about the rest of your argument...

1) That's why I specifically said that you didn't own her.

2) You're still not denying that she's YOUR wife.

It is has a definition, too.

your
    [yôr, yo͝or]

DETERMINER
    1. belonging to or associated with the person or people that the speaker is addressing.
      "what is your name?"
    2. belonging to or associated with any person in general.
      "the sight is enough to break your heart"
      • informal
        used to denote someone or something that is familiar or typical of its kind.
        "she is one of your chatty types" ·
        [more]
    3. used when addressing the holder of certain titles.
    • Like x 2
  19. The Con Dedicated Player

Yes it does:

own
    [ōn]

ADJECTIVE
    1. used with a possessive to emphasize that someone or something belongs or relates to the person or thing mentioned.
      "they can't handle their own children" ·
      [more]
    PRONOUN
    1. something that belongs to the person or thing mentioned.
      "your life is your own" ·
      [more]
    VERB
    1. have (something) as one's own; possess.
      "his father owns a restaurant" ·
      [more]
      synonyms:
      be the owner of · possess · be the (proud) possessor of ·
      [more]
    2. formal
      admit or acknowledge that something is the case or that one feels a certain way.
      "she owned to a feeling of profound jealousy" ·
      [more]
      synonyms:
      admit · allow · concede · grant · accept · accede · acknowledge · recognize · agree · confess
    3. US
      informal
      utterly defeat (an opponent or rival); completely get the better of.
      "yeah right, she totally owned you, man"
    Notice not one aspect IN THAT SPECTRUM OF DEFINTION specifically says that it's determined solely on a legal document.
    • Like x 3
  20. the solowing Steadfast Player

So exactly what are you arguing? Youre aware you dont own your DCUO character, so whats the endgame?
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.