Adding an option to play old instance without stats clamped would just solve everything

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jason Martin, Sep 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boss Dark Side Well-Known Player

Just drop in their inventory, whether they are logged on or not.
    • Like x 1
  2. Proxystar #Perception

That's why you sometimes are best just to resort to using GIF's, it seems to annoy them, I'm not sure why... But there's a reason we teach children with picture books ;)
    • Like x 3
  3. The Con Dedicated Player

^^When Harry agrees with Lloyd
    • Like x 4
  4. The Con Dedicated Player

You should have stopped just before "struck".... and omitted "almost".
    • Like x 3
  5. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

[IMG]

• Like x 3
  6. The Con Dedicated Player

What 3 imbeciles "like" this reply?

:confused: - "I looove when companies get to screw people over!"
    :mad: - "TAKE THAT PEOPLE WHO WANT THEIR TIME AND MONEY TO BE HONORED!!"
    :oops: - "I... accidently hit the 'like' button..."

;)
    • Like x 4
  7. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Lmao. How about

- "Da, comrade"
    • Like x 3
  8. King Bakes Well-Known Player

Sorry but you are talking absolute waffle.

You're not meeting the stat clamping crowd in the middle whatsoever. The stat clamping crowd are basically saying shutup and deal with it. And then the people against the clamp are saying go back to giving us full rewards for doing nothing. You are one of those people. Just by adding the option to turn the stat clamp on and off, that doesn't fix anything at all. If you were to say let's have the option to turn it off AND if you turn it off you won't be rewarded, then that is meeting the 'stat clamping crowd' in the middle as I believe it's something no one would have a problem with.

The solution you proposed benefits yourself and lazy players who want maximum rewards for minimal effort. No one else.
    • Like x 4
  9. King Bakes Well-Known Player

Whilst this is obviously a tongue in cheek comment, the devs seriously might as well just do this rather than giving us an option to turn the clamp on/off. It would probably be so much easier for them to do compared to implementing the clamp option.

I wonder if they could also introduce a vendor which hands out endgame elite gear for free. After all, I've played for such a long time I think I've earned the right to be rewarded for doing absolutely nothing :)

While we're at it, give us a vendor that hands out free level 200 artifacts!! I've earned those too xD
    • Like x 4
  10. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

Well I think half marks is a more reasonable suggestion. But to say I "don't deserve" anything for unclamped is beyond moronic.
  11. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

As I said, no source marks for unclamped. Just feats, headlines and renown for elite. I would even have loot locks on unclamped.
  12. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

Actually I did try to meet them halfway and that was by proposing an optional system instead of forced and having 50% marks on unclamped content instead of full marks.

Secondly this system benefits everyone because the people that don't wanna be clamped get to do so albeit with less rewards, and the people that are pro-clamp still get to enjoy content. But 50% rewards wasn't good enough for the other fellow. Because I "don't deserve rewards" and honestly I have a few choice words that I'd like to say to someone like that but unfortunately I can't say and remain on the forums.
    • Like x 2
  13. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Initially I thought something similar but after seeing all of the ridiculous clamp zealotry it makes more sense to give full rewards for unclamped content.
    • Like x 3
  14. King Bakes Well-Known Player

Why should you be given 50% marks for being a one-shot god? And as someone else mentioned, if we were to be given 50% marks for an unclamped run which took 2 mins compared to 100% marks for a clamped run which took 10 mins, obviously everyone would run the unclamped instance as it provides the most rewards for the least amount of time. As I said... lazy.

This isn't directly aimed at you, but NO ONE should be rewarded for essentially doing nothing. The argument of 'I've run this instance 1000 times already so I should be able to 1 shot everything because I've earned that right' is BS. If you want the rewards go earn them. You've already had 1000 runs of laziness.
    • Like x 2
  15. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

[IMG]

16. King Bakes Well-Known Player

I personally think this is complete an utter wishful thinking.

When the devs introduced bounties, they made it so that the players who contributed the most got full rewards, and those who barely contributed at all got tiny rewards. This makes me think that IF they were to ever release an unclamped version of content as people are suggesting, then you most certainly won't be getting full rewards no matter how much you or anyone else cries on the forums. The devs already know that if you want full rewards then you need to earn them :)
    • Like x 1
  17. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

There's a difference between what I think what should happen and y what I think will happen.
    • Like x 2
  18. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

You make a good point.

[IMG]

• Like x 3
  19. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

A Peggy Olsen gif??

I love you.
    • Like x 2
  20. King Bakes Well-Known Player

Hey Mepps, would it be possible to change the signatures of all the people who want full rewards for being one-shot gods to 'Lazy Player'?:D It would make it much easier to know who is worth responding to;)
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.