Thank you ALLIES. I'm done.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Major Shenanigans, Sep 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. henry0918 New Player

lol yea
    • Like x 1
  2. timetrapper52 Well-Known Player

The Fix is simple let Legendary players access those allies just like how those legends characters work & Lower the MP Price because its definitely overpriced for what it is and there is no excuse they have on there part other than being plain greedy unless there's something we don't know then I would gladly love a reply from a dev to say otherwise

As to how far I think the price should be lowered to, I think it should be valued at 1000 MP Cash and that's generous for what it is

And a price for the allies to legendary players in-game vender 200 source marks
    • Like x 1
  3. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Aquaman's passive are meant to directly be gameplay changing and if working properly could make pet DPS in meta(won't hold my breath on it changing anything like that though lol). What this is saying , is inorder for a powerset like earth or sorcery to compete at the top of the charts one would have to pay an extra 22 dollars when other powers can achieve top tier DPS. If you can't see how that's effed up , there is something wrong.

And yes something that expensive should be redeemable on all your toons. This is effectively any alt. Maybe the queues wouldn't be so bad if Daybreak didn't make leveling an alt such and arduous task that it turns players off and makes them buy skip tokens ...oh wait maybe that is by design. The game was definitely in the pay to save time category and winning as far as access to cool styles. But Allies sets a precedence for true pay to win if the passives ever get fixed and for 22 dollars they better be worthwhile. An episode was 10 bucks. You are telling me that one Ally is worth the price of 6 to 8 months of "content". There is a quote from the movie Team America about 3 types of people and it is clear right now that Daybreak's Marketing believes the players are 2 out the 3.
    • Like x 2
  4. OnlyNomad The One Above All

I can't wait for the devs to fix the passives and potentially buff the Legendary Allies, you'll see a lot of the "Well they're not necessary so don't buy them" crowd come back crying because they now want that edge but realize the ridiculous price.
    • Like x 1
  5. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Honestly, they don’t even seem to be in a hurry to fix the passives. They haven’t even said they’re looking into it. I honestly thought they were going to touch on it in the livestream, because going to all that effort just to show off 8 palette swaps of the same cape seemed like a odd use of the developers’ time to me.
    • Like x 3
  6. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

We get that the price is high. The only thing we can do is not buy them to show that the price is too high. But I can promise you that if they do start to make noticable differences, most won't complain about the price because they'll have already bought them to raise their output. Which is why I wish players would let this go. Right now, we have great options that aren't expensive at all. And again, fix the passives and I'll buy at least 1 for $20. Main gets aquaman, maybe 1st alt gets diana. Won't spend $300 but I'll probably do $20 in food and grind the rest out.
    • Like x 1
  7. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’ve not seen a single one being summoned all week so seems like EU is doing it’s part. :p
  8. OnlyNomad The One Above All

I remember when this game had more creativity, it wasn't all about recycling styles. This shouldn't surprise anyone tbh, all the stuff we get is either iconic or a palette swap of something we've gotten before.
    • Like x 3
  9. OnlyNomad The One Above All

I'm going to quote myself from another thread here because I feel like it's relevant to this conversation;

"The problem is that until they see the revenue stream from those Legendary Allies, they probably won't comment on them. If people are buying them (I suspect this is the case) even though they're ridiculously overpriced and broken, they'll never comment since the monetization is working as intended.

If they notice the revenue being inexistent, they'll fix them (potentially reduce the price too) and comment to alleviate the pressure from the community with something along the lines of "We misjudged the situation but have taken steps to fix it... bla, bla, bla".

If the second scenario does happen, they'll still come out victorious because the mass consumers will view them as some benevolent entity who listened to the complaints and fixed the problems.

Most people who fall victim to these predatory schemes don't even know they're victims or simply won't accept the fact that they are. Eliminating one's rationality with the feeling of need."
    • Like x 1
  10. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

To be clear, I have nothing against the capes, they’re fine. Just not sure they warranted an entire livestream dedicated to them. Although I did chuckle when they left the cave and Nekron was just chilling in the next room.
    • Like x 1
  11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We just like to stream so much.
    • Like x 6
  12. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Well, then. Mystery solved. :p
  13. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Your voice sounded deeper. I wasn't sure if it was the effects of the remote stream or if you're getting over a cold. If so, we wish you a fast recovery and thank you for taking the time to stream in spite of it.
  14. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

Allies, open episodes and stat-clamp are a direction that strives to get new players to stick around longer. If you look at it from a new player perspective. Allies are perfect for someone who doesn't know the game and wants the DC experience. A person spends their first $25 much easier than $25 after years of subscription payments and marketplace spending. Walking away from an account that has years of time and dollars invested is not an easy expression of willpower. I suspect that converting new players into spending $25 before quitting is a very lucrative market to chase.

Just wait until an Ally is released with new content and it has a perk to debuff a critical raid boss attack, then you'll know they're really after veteran wallets.:D
    • Like x 1
  15. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I'm just curious: what month and year was that?
    • Like x 1
  16. Heywiar Committed Player

Its not really the cost of things that bothers me so much. Its more of me feeling like we are having less and less responsibilities as players in the game. Arts have done an excellent job simplifying the troll and healer roles. I'm not really into that, considering I'm a troll and healer. I do get what you're saying though!
  17. the solowing Steadfast Player

Its going to take some time to reverse course on the "burn through everything" design of the game up to this point.
  18. Heywiar Committed Player

I agree wholeheartedly but it seems like the developers have fully embraced and enforced that mentality. :/
  19. the solowing Steadfast Player

Sounds like orders from the top.
  20. the solowing Steadfast Player

Look what happened after the stat clamp released. People got exposed for being straight up boosted.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.