Devs - Regarding seasonals

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, Sep 7, 2021.

1. Eve YouTuber

Have you (The Devs) thought on adding new missions (Like Mera in Valentines Day or Batwoman in The Witching Hour) with NPCs to existing Seasonals? This way we have a new mission, to the same content, but still something refreshing other than the new upcoming rewards.

I wonder if this has been discussed and if It's something the Devs plan to touch on, as we had the same Seasonals for years, and would be great to have something "New" even if It's something small.
    • Like x 6
  2. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

I wish every seasonal could get a small instance at least the size of the starro alert or a extra daily/solo. They don't need to be like the anniversary event, but some small additions every 2-3 years would make them feel fresh.
    • Like x 5
  3. Eve YouTuber

Yeah I'd love that. Maybe now this is something they can consider - making the seasonals more fun. (Not that they aren't, they just need some love)
    • Like x 1
  4. TheSuperPhantomBoy Level 30

Hello DEVS, I need to know about whether an option is going to be enabled for the character to have 2 accessories, because we have so many accessories, but we can only currently use 1, Thank you very much.
  5. Eve YouTuber

Can you not make your own thread?...
    • Like x 5
  6. BumblingB I got better.

I wish they would have more ways of acquiring marks as well. New open world missions. New solo/duo/alert/raid added. Things that will make me want to actually run it.

As it stands, the last two seasonals I didn't NOT do anything. So spring and summer I didn't get the feats. I just... Didn't want to run them. I'm tired of these instances. Same in same out. Clamped. Can't one shot some adds. It's just... time consuming and mind numbing. I'll be honest, I miss being able to one shot the seasonal bosses and adds, as every year, like going to family dinners at the holidays, you dread going into it only to be disappointed because you have to do it again next year.
    • Like x 6
  7. Eve YouTuber

Depends on the rewards offered, I do the same. If I don't like the rewards, I farm a few days with alts for the feats and not touching it again. It feels refresh when it comes back, but after a few runs It's the same "eh" feeling from past year so I totally get you there. Additional content will be great if not a complete overhaul!
  8. Proxystar #Perception

Personally I'd like to see seasonals become like the anniversary with multiple instances over time :)
    • Like x 4
  9. BumblingB I got better.

I don't think a complete overhaul is necessary. Just something to add to it as an option. They keep adding new stuff to buy but nothing new to run. If they wanted to, they could add new instance with feats and a few cosmetics to make it feel more refreshed.
    • Like x 3
  10. Eve YouTuber

That would be great if they can do it, even starting small is something with small additions like quests and such but on duty content will be amazing too, especially for St. Patrick event.
    • Like x 3
  11. TheSuperPhantomBoy Level 30

Hello, You would have the kindness and respect to teach me how to make my own thread, I am new and do not know how to do it. Thanks a lot.
  12. Eve YouTuber

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  13. TheSuperPhantomBoy Level 30

Thanks Zoe :)
    • Like x 2
  14. Proxystar #Perception

Yea a St Patricks instance is way over due.
    • Like x 2
  15. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Valentine's Day:
    there are many Valentine's one shots we can take inspiration from - https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Valentine's_Day

Mxyzptlk's Mischief‎:
    an alert inspired from events in Superman: Reborn
    an open world raid based on Justice League Vol 4 21

Springtime:
    a raid that takes inspiration from Poison Ivy and Swamp Thing teaming up to stop the Grim but instead we help them take on The Rot.

Tides of War:
    a raid inspired by events in Mera: Queen of Atlantis Vol 1

The Witching Hour:
    so many Halloween one shots - https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Halloween

Winter Holidays:
    many many many Christmas one shots - https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Christmas
    but specifically I'm looking for this particular issue as an end game raid with elite version
    • Like x 3
  16. OnlyNomad The One Above All

It's a great idea but every time we ask for something new, we're met with the same "If we add this, it'll take our time away from the next episode". So if we ask for more diversified Seasonals, what would we lose in return?
  17. BSEison Well-Known Player

The rewards for seasonal content should be double what they have been in the past. If they are going to keep adding cosmetics, base items and feats but not add more content to play, players should be better rewarded for running the same repetitive content.
    • Like x 2
  18. BSEison Well-Known Player

You make a good point but if they have time to make new rewards for the seasonals every year then I feel like they have time to add something else for us to do as well. Even if it is just a huge open world boss for us to hang up on. Use the giant Man-bat from Metal as an open world boss in Gotham during Halloween. Toss a santa hat on Starro from Deluge and throw him in Metropolis for the Christmas event. Or maybe make it so that playing any content earned you seasonal currency?
    • Like x 2
  19. Eve YouTuber

Hoping Charon can chime in and tell us what they think about it :D

Either way, I love all the suggestions here and understand there will always be issues changing stuff, but I thought since a lot of changes happened now, this is a great opportunity to change the Seasonals as well. Maybe not completely, but add more than rewards to them.
    • Like x 1