Dev Discussion Episode 41: New Daily Rewards

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Red Five, Aug 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magnificent Loyal Player

Sounds reasonable. Thanks!
  2. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

No duh. But that's not what I'm asking. I'm asking the devs to be considerate of things out of a player's control. That's why I was speaking to them and not to you. Your opinion does not matter.
  3. Aetrius Well-Known Player

And here I thought this was the developer discussion thread and not the condescending jacka** thread...

Yeah I know I can run around and click nodes, or go kill stuff to get nth, but as this is a thread to give feedback to the developers regarding changes they have made, I thought that maybe it might be a good idea to point out that it might not sit well with some people, that we can no longer log in an alt, do a 60 second Vault run, and get our bonus Nth, even if we didn't have time to devote to that character on that day. It feels like we've had something taken away.

And, I don't know what the schedule for next month looks like for stabilizers, but if it follows the same pattern as it did for the week we have of this month, we're losing a significant amount of Time Capsule openings. Before we could open 2 TCs every 5 days as long as we ran the stabilizer daily. That worked out to 12 TCs in a 30 day month. IF we get the same 32 fragments every week that we got this week, we would only have the opportunity to open about 8 capsules every 28 days.
    • Like x 1
  4. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Is that math based on being a Subscribing Member, or based on being Free/Premium? Because Members do get more rewards than those that don't subscribe. Mepps went over the math in the Livestream, but I don't have the best memory for numbers.
  5. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Yeah, well, be that as it may, being a jerk to people answering your question will just mean that next time, maybe we won't help you even if we can.

I answered your question with the factual info as made clear in the Livestream, wherein Mepps described how it works several times, in several different ways. The problem here is that YOU misunderstood how it works.
  6. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I haven't seen this brought up but at some point there is going to be a MAJOR shortage of compound omegas and repair bots available in game. Even if the majority of players I run with put nearly all their Fate tokens in to these two things, we still typically use them at a much higher rate than we can currently acquire them (two repair bots OR 20 Omegas OR 1 repair bot and 10 omegas per week). Right now there are enough people stocked up to where it's not a current issue today but at some point in the coming months those stockpiles will have ran out. It's not gonna be pretty.
    • Like x 1
  7. Aetrius Well-Known Player

The math is base on being a subscribing member and the number of stabilizer fragments we got in this week's reward boxes. 16 fragments x2 for members. I haven't been on yet this morning to see what the September rewards look like.
    • Like x 1
  8. Aetrius Well-Known Player

I just logged in and added up the stabilizers. It looks like we'll end up with the same amount over the course of a month, though they're spaced out oddly. We get 12 TC opens in 3 weeks, then nothing the last week. Actually all the rewards are front loaded, and you don't miss out on much (or aren't rewarded much) for logging in daily.
    • Like x 1
  9. Designated Well-Known Player

So overall the subscribe stays the same and Premium lose a bit If you take how It was before?
    I still thk is a bit less than what expected most players.
  10. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

O.k., I get it now. There are 7 bonus days built in so that if a member misses a day, they just have one less bonus day. That makes sense, thanks devs for understanding that sometimes things come up that prevent us from logging in!
  11. Designated Well-Known Player

Why 1 New currency Destiny token of dr fate we can get seal of completion, but only 3 seals of preservation?
    If you take the value on marketplace it should be around 10.

Not that i'll get it but it seems off
    • Like x 2
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Has the daily rewards time reset been figured out yet? I logged on to multiple accounts every day within a few hours of each other....all before nightly 'loot' reset and way before the AM reboot and I have a range of either day 4 last night (on the 3rd day of the month), day 3 (which would make sense) and day 2 (and I logged in each of the 3 days this month). Seems like the reset is in the evening (like 8CT or so). Shouldn't it be either at the 3AM (CT) reset or 8AM (CT) reboot to make more sense? Did we need another mis-aligned reset time to figure out?

The problem is that if you get on in the evening for 1-2 hours, and on calendar day 1 you get on at 9PM, you are actually in game day 2 of the month...if day 1 ends at 8PM. Then the next day if you get on at 6PM, you are still in day 2...play for 1.9 hours and don't get the next day yet. You then play on calendar day 3 at 9PM again, you are getting day 2 on day 4 of the month. Granted, it wouldn't happen like this all the time, but if you extend this pattern out, you will miss the day 21 rewards, which would not be good.
    [IMG]

So it's very possible if you play on similar, but not identical times every day, you can miss a lot of days, all while logging in 'every day' and being able to claim other daily things like the solo missions and Rip Hunter free mark.

And how will I get my $1.50 worth of SOP with my $5 destiny token if I don't get it on day 21?
    • Like x 2
  13. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Ok, now I'm confused about daily rewards again. When I look at it now I can see 21 days. Somehow, though I've done rewards for each day, I can no longer page forward to the end of the month, and I can't see the bonus days (there were 7 bonus days you could see on the 1st, though we should have actually been able to see 9 bonus days since this month has 30 days). But now you can't see any. So something's definitely wrong with the U/I.
  14. BumblingB I got better.

I've experienced one time that when I tabbed to the end of the month, I couldn't tab all the way to the first page anymore. Closing the UI and opening it again fixed it. Maybe related.
    • Like x 1
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Seriously...can we get this daily reset changed to either the loot reset time (3AM CT) or reboot time (8AM CT)? Because of varying times of getting in, I've now got a few accts who are on day 4 and they've logged in all 7 days in Sept, just mis aligned on the daily reset. Either that or some days just aren't counting still. Not sure why it wouldn't just be the loot reset as that's when the 'day' starts for all other loot.

Now, granted I guess I can adjust my schedule to accomodate the new timing, but it seems a bit silly that we are maintaining 3 different 'reset' times.
  16. The Dackman New Player

Devs please listen. We need to have the daily reward reset timer set to a specific time every day. I have logged in every day this month and I just logged in today and ran what I had left for my weekly content. When I went to collect my rewards I didn't have the day 8 rewards available and I will not be able to get back on tonight so after having logged in for 8 days I will only have 7 days worth of rewards to show for it. Please just set the timer to reset with the daily restarts so we can end the confusing guessing game.
    • Like x 2
  17. Saint Sin Patron Saint of Switch

Hi yall I'm panicking right now lol pls help. I only missed 2 or 3 days of the monthly log in bonuses. I currently have 7 days collected with the month resetting in 21 days. I used to be able to tab over to see the final week of the month but I no longer can. My main concern is the Dr Fate helmet style that's available on Day 21. Since I cant tab over to see day 21 does that mean I wont be able to access the rewards? Even if I missed 9 days total (which I didn't) I should still be able to access Day 21's rewards no? Is this an issue with the UI or have I made a mistake in regards to how much time is left? Been waiting years for this helmet to be available and I'm gonna be super bummed if I miss it :(
    • Like x 1
  18. Wonder Boi Well-Known Player

I can't even see the Helmet of Nabu anymore in the rewards for the 21st day. Does this mean we won't get it?
  19. HMBoyd Level 30

okay so i’m not the only one who doesn’t see it anymore
  20. Charmbinder New Player

Hey guys was just watching the dev stream and Mepps said we should still get day 21 reward its a ui bug and they are working on a reset timer and ui issues
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.