Thank you ALLIES. I'm done.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Major Shenanigans, Sep 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Agreed if your a fan an such but all im sayin is it doesnt hold anyones damage or anything back not havin him. Its essentially cosmetic.
    Now for those that want the cosmetic sure, sux havin to buy but take solace in that with combat happenin, u dont notice the ally comin out much anyway
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’m not even against having to buy him, I just think the price is beyond absurd if you have multiple characters.
    • Like x 2
  3. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

This is the most facetious statement I have ever heard. If you can beat content with a naked character and without any kind of input device to control your charter, you sir are a much better player than I.
  4. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

This, I don't know why are people rushing them to max level.
  5. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

Given the price , it SHOULD IMO be available to all the characters on your account.
    • Like x 2
  6. Heywiar Committed Player

Quite frankly, I wish they had never been implemented at all. I know these will end up in the same boat as artifacts and give players even LESS reaponsibilities. My problem is not with the cost as much as it is with them likely ending up as powerful as allies. The game has gotten significantly more simple and boring to play since artifacts and allies will likely add to it. We just...don't do nearly as much as we used to do. (Mostly speaking about support roles here.) Allies were the straw that broke the camel's back for me and I've hung in the towel.
    On the plus side, I'm saving a LOT of money after switching to FFXIV! (And I'm having a LOT more fun too...I actually feel like I'm doing something instead of having an artifact or ally do it for me.)
  7. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

It's weird you say you switched to ffxiv cuz of all this and 4 of my usuals came back from it this week. And didn't really have anything good or bad to say about it other than they got bored real quick
  8. Magg Redd Well-Known Player

I like my new Iconic buddies, only problem is they don't seem to like me. I keep calling them and inviting them places, but they only show up for a moment so they can get their photo op and leave, they don't even stay long enough to enjoy a cup of coffee and a danish....I showered so I don't think I smell, is it something I said? I mean I know I am just a lowly Troller, but, we need love from our allies too.
    • Like x 2
  9. Heywiar Committed Player

Makes sense! I just started it like 2 weeks ago so everything is super new and fresh. All games get boring in due time. DC's type of bordedom is different for me, though.
    • Like x 1
  10. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

Of course everyone is entitled to feel how they feel but I have a serious question:
    Why do so many people take such Umbridge against the devs putting in OPTIONAL features that cost money? They literally made it EASIER for people to not have to pay a single penny to play this game. You HAVE to let them come up with ways to make money too. Everyone has a lot of wants for this game but not a whole lot of people actually want to pay and support the game. If you don't want to pay $25 to get a flashpoint character to be with you, good news, there are free options that you can get in game. Not everything needs to be free or handed to people. If that were the case this game would make zero money.
    • Like x 4
  11. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I never asked for any of this. And there’s no free Aquaman. :(
    • Like x 3
  12. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Yet. There will probably be eventually. Have faith. Been a bad week for you I know but have faith. A non legendary one could be in the next batch for all we know. Passive will be perfect for water toons or something instead of pets
    • Like x 3
  13. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Depends on your commitment level to min maxing. The passives don't even work anyway, so what are consumers paying nearly 25 dollars for?
    • Like x 1
  14. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

It’s a show off piece. They do it all the time in Final Fantasy 14. A mount (a bird you can ride called a Chocobo) is rewarded for free after completing a certain mission. It aids in travel greatly. BUT you can then go to the Mog Station (Online store) and buy your own specialty mount for upwards of $50. Granted, some of the mounts purchased from the Mog Station will allow you to transport up to 8 of your friends but the even still, the paid for you does exactly the same thing as the free Chocobo, it gets you from A to B, just not in style.
  15. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

See you next time when they release new content and or major updates.
  16. Jackster Developer

Thanks for the feedback everyone!!! Keep posting - we're reading all your thoughts.
    • Like x 9
  17. GameOnGabeYT Well-Known Player

That's really nice to know, the system is a nice concept but they are so lack luser in passives and what they do, that's it's not even funny. Others during testing mentioned the legendary ones needed work, and yet they still were released in their current state. 200$ for a broken ally that most passives don't even work doesn't sound like a good business model and I want dcuo to thrive but this is a major let down to many of us. This system could have had so much potential and still can if you go back and look at the current ones and make them worthwhile. Start being fixing the broken passives, look at the lack luster ones like "increase out of movement combat speed" that's pretty useless and vamp them up so something worth spending our money on. Looking at these along with their current cost if they remain this bad, should be high on the list.
  18. GameOnGabeYT Well-Known Player

Cept this isn't what allies where marketed as. The legendary ones are flat out useless. These were meant to make money video not only buying but spending money/time to invest in and right now they not only are broken in which most passives don't work but even the base at which they are meant to do is depressing.
  19. Megastar New Player

Not to hijack the thread...but THIS is the costume piece dropped for surviving the Sony Hack that seems to be a forgotten half thought.
    Still is my staple for my "Urban Knight" character. (yes that is the actually toon name too).

https://news.softpedia.com/news/DC-...Access-Month-After-Hacker-Attack-198258.shtml

What's not as readily visible from the add is that the eyes and the small port at the top/back of the ears is a color match and stands out with bright colors.
    So It can look like you have Infrared vision (received by transmission in the ears)
    More Azrael-Batman inspired for it's time IMO.

Not going to login and take a screenshot though.
    Lemons + Tears = Lemonade.
  20. BSEison Well-Known Player

This is the funniest post in the entire thread.

• Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.