Thank you ALLIES. I'm done.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Major Shenanigans, Sep 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

Long time player (since 2011) here that was planning on coming back after 2 years & because of the recent game changes but NOPE
    Your greedy ally BS just made me realize that I was a fool to think that DCUO and its marketing team would ever get a clue. (Its easier to get a customer to spend $25 one dollar at a time than trying to sell one $25 dollar item) you guys should have learned you lesson with with TC's on where you customer base is.
    Have fun with your failed $100 allies. Lmao

I'M DONE
    • Like x 10
  2. the solowing Steadfast Player

I think its because of the licenses, remember the Batman Cowl? And how expensive it was for a headpiece? IDK, seems like a theme to me.
    • Like x 1
  3. the solowing Steadfast Player

The ironic part is, you shouldnt leave because of the allied system, its at least upfront about it. Where TCs are luck based and players dump thousands into it without question.
    • Like x 7
  4. fm0987 Committed Player

You can get free allies for 100 source mks
    • Like x 4
  5. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

No reason to have any of them maxed out a week after they release especially seeing as we don't really need them to complete any content in game.
    • Like x 10
  6. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

I remember a Livestream a while back and within the chat someone asked what does EG7 want for the game and the response was one of the things they want is more players to play and see dcuo be more successful and that EG7 wants amplify what daybreak is already doing with dcuo .

That question and response has stuck with me ever since and seeing allies implemented similar to arts it's pretty obvious how this route is going even if optional and you don't have to spend money or even have them maxed to be good or need them at all . I will say I like the no seals needed for breakthrough but I do recognize this will turn some player's off because it's a here we go again.
    • Like x 3
  7. Shalayah Committed Player

Yeah allies were definitely something I wasn’t exactly excited about however I wouldn’t quit simply because they’re expensive. The Allies aren’t even really worth that kind of investment so I’ll just stick with manually leveling the regular ones lmfao.

If I were to suggest a better system (too late for that now) I’d tie iconic allies to the lair system and make them a trinket like henchmen, but they all offer their own passive abilities. It was just a random thought but sheesh it seems like a better idea on paper than the allies system lmao. I get that they need to make $$$ but they could’ve did the allies system so much better than they did.
    • Like x 2
  8. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

I canceled my year sub. For the same reasons I left in 2016. I did the new instances. Reached end game without the added systems. I got some and gained some exp. Shirley not near rank 200 for them artifacts. It was easy to max origin augments. FFS, too many systems. Should have done the GW2 design, reach rank 30 and go nuts. You are max level. Far less math that way. Concentrate on styles and gameplay instead of math. /facepalm

Have not touched elite.... i might touch it b4 my year sub ends. I'll watch utube playthroughs first for the added boss mechanics and whatnot. I got an artifact to beneficial levels for a troll. F breakthoughs. Was this a mobile game mechanic that was popular?? Goodbye China clients. That is no small portion of users across the entire industry even when you are not in a lobby with their regional servers. :oops:

Your app dev projects for a Console and PC game including a mobile app to track character will serve you well in the next job? Not fixing bugs in a pinata of a game with sought after IP.... Fortnight gets DC promos when including DC characters. Will DCUO be included in DC Fandome at all?

Honestly, not even DE releases content in such a broken state and patches it over the next week. They have it refined at launch and hit a few overlooked snags. DCUO, not much has changed from when i left, some great art and new NPCs. Still SNAFU from a company that has too many owners over time and variables not excluding dark money. Must be nice to sell dreams and a ******* pays millions for it without return on investment. Nevermind they bought cryptocurrency and are care free about stock purchases or returns. Maybe? I have no idea. Why are you reading this? Go home. You've been up for too many days. Go to sleep. I'm talking to you. Sleep!
    • Like x 3
  9. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

TC items are tradeable and you can get them in game. In the other hand legendary allies arent available anywhere besides the MP and neither is their currency
  10. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

The system turned out to be pretty garbage, but I would wait on a reply from the devs before taking a final decision. They did a big change for the arts systems with up to 4 free seals of completion a month, maybe they will change their mind on this.

That said, its by far the most disappointing thing they did in years: Released a bug feature, locked behind a expensive paywall and gave us no immediate response.
    • Like x 1
  11. fm0987 Committed Player

I agree too many in game systems, artifacts, augments, episode specific augments, op items, allies, did I miss something, what’s next? Not to mention if you fall behind there’s 10 million different catalyst etc to keep track, breakthrough chances on pretty much everything, as if it wasn’t enough you took the time to upgrade the thing, but now you gotta pay to complete it.
    • Like x 2
  12. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

Hi. I'm a company.
    [IMG]
    I'll be supervising your quality and amount to experience here.

I'd like to tell you about the perspectives I've learned about over my years in the industry but I'm only remembering the shareholders at the moment and in perpetuity, as my role as a participant in the company.

13. fm0987 Committed Player

From what I understand, cyborg is one of the best so far in terms of damage and passive (power regen)
    • Like x 1
  14. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I was with everyone on the source marks in end game protest. This one, I can't complain about really. Yeah, they need to fix them. Yes, legendary ones are dang pricey. But I have cyborg at level 6, flash and zoom for the passives. Have spent a bunch of source and 900mp cash. That ain't bad and cyborg is hitting decent and I'm faster. Probably same as base superspeed now while getting to stay flight. I can be the sweatiest now. I'm taking them as a win. If they start nerfing, then I might join you but for now I'm happy that the better ones ,or at the very least, decent ones are cheap.
    • Like x 4
  15. Irvynnge Loyal Player

they gots to make their moneys, somehow. if that's charging for pets to run around with, fair enough. seriously, no one's forcing you to buy the things. don't want to spend money? just go with the cheap-*** one Cyborg drops on ya. want Aquaman? pay for it. don't want any of them? just ignore them. the ones on the mp? them no different from the ones in-game. you don't need the ones on the mp. they're just showing off toys, nothing more.
    • Like x 4
  16. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I would have bought Aquaman if it wasn’t priced so absurdly high.
    • Like x 3
  17. Irvynnge Loyal Player

fair enough, mate. I might possibly almost have considered buying maybe Etrigan or the Spectre, if they'd done them. but other than that, I genuinely couldn't care less for the things. I honestly cannot think of a single reason why any of my characters would have any iconic at all on speed-dial, so they're really of no use to me. I get why people are a bit cheesed off, but on this one I'm very much in the shrugging shoulders camp. in the end, they're vanity items, they're not essential, the ones you can get already in-game'll do the same jobs just as well ( apparently ).
    • Like x 2
  18. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

That attack Cyborg does used to kill me instantly in the Titans alert, so my life flashes before my eyes every time the projectile flies past me. It’s a Pavlovian nightmare! :D Seriously though, I was really looking forward to this, especially after the tough times I’ve had with episode 41. DCUO hurt us both pricing it so high. :(
    • Like x 2
  19. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

This whole game seems to be giving you nightmares bpm! I'm gonna have some tonight after that 48min alert run to start my day. I hit a triple double at least. Top dps in both columns and most healing done lol
  20. Rejchadar Inquisitor

To be honest, it's hard for me to understand this community ... for years everyone has been shouting that the DCUO should make money exclusively through cosmetics ... legendary allies do not give any advantage (the damage is the same or even lower, passive are niche like that of free and even in that niche no more than increased comfort ...), this is no more than cosmetics, but expensive cosmetics ... but again people are not happy ... no one wants to pay for progress, no one wants to play roulette, no one wants to pay for cosmetics ... maybe the fact is, that in fact everyone wants to be paid by someone else?
    • Like x 7
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.