Dev Discussion Seeking Feedback for Ally Ability Descriptions

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Sammiford, Aug 31, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

The following 2 things are must haves in when dealing with allies and I hope they are added:

-When buying an ally there is no description of what passives they will have. So you are blind buying them
    -When you are leveling an ally it doesn’t say what is being bugged with each further rank.
    -Description on what percentage their passives effect. IE cyborg increases regen by X amount. Flash takes you out of combat Y seconds faster. Zoom makes you go Z percent faster

Artifacts have all of these details and there is no reason why these shouldn’t have them
    • Like x 4
  2. darry3275 Well-Known Player

On a side note, since we don't ha ve an attack squirrel or attack duck uplink, can we get one as an ally? I wanna rock Mr. Chewy or Mr Quackers in a raid.:D
  3. Cerulean Osprey Well-Known Player

Wasn't sure what happens when I level up my Ally. I assumed (correctly) that OracleBot's damage increases and repair ability increases as you level up, but the description didn't even say that.

Can we please have that snippet added in the description? I know it's a good assumption to make, but I actually hesitated for a moment.
    • Like x 1
  4. RTX Well-Known Player

It could have had many reasons why they choose to make a new design

One of those might been problems with code, or older assets beeing limited in resolution (no high res mipmap) also most of the old UI are parts, which will get combined with code, its not a fixed size. A big problem with sizes are buttons, since you want them to fit for all languages, some words are much longer in other languages, causing buttons to be to small or the text to be shrinked to fit the button.

I think they didnt wanted people to say that they wouldnt try to make something new/fresh, also remembering that the old UI has alot of curves which no more getting used in games these days, most of the time it will be single color quad texture.

While thinking about how it could have been made and to fit better into the overall UI theme, i made a little prototype UI for fun, i think that also shows some problems.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  5. farm3rb0b Committed Player

Throwing my hat in the ring for the request for more detailed numbers. Really I want this everywhere in the game, but especially the allies. We've been discussing in league what we think the effect Cyborg is having on power back, but it seems to be no where in game, not even when I add power in/out to my log. I've seen people mention how detailed the artifacts are and while those descriptions are beefy, I think they're the most well-done thing for a person trying to optimize. I want to know what my ally's current abilities are doing at the level they're at, and the levels they've yet to reach. That way I can prioritize where I'm spending my favor.
    • Like x 2
  6. Bipolar Diva Well-Known Player

Agreed.
  7. Control Creed Well-Known Player

Anything that is "a chance" should have a percentage so you know what you are investing in.
    Percentages of whatever stat Resto / Vit etc improvement you are expecting in regen should be specified as well.
    • Like x 2
  8. DurangoKid70 Active Player

Id like them to stay longer too , at least as long as the pets trinkets, and boost zoom and flashes power up to at least cyborgs level
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.