As it stands, grouping is poisoned.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Krossmark, Sep 3, 2021.

1. Krossmark Level 30

If you can't heal a full DPS team, you are kicked; people are so used to facerolling content that inexperienced healers have very little leeway and this, more than anything, is the final nail in the coffin.

Sorry to see it happen, but when people have become use to speed running these old alerts and now that have to slow down even a hair, that's all she wrote. The environment is no longer conducive to learning roles, and all that is left is everyone who knows how to heal at an end-game level.
    • Like x 1
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Best to keep in mind that we are still only a week or two into the update. The system changed significantly and quickly, but that doesn't mean the behaviors are going to change at the same pace.

It doesn't help that we've got people that are fighting the changes tooth and nail rather than adapting to the changes.

The concerns are valid, but this is probably a situation where some time is needed to let things sort themselves out a bit first.
    • Like x 6
  3. OracleWillTeleportYouOut New Player

You could just ask the guy who queued as a tank to you know, tank. Besides that facerolling content without needing a healer would be worse and this way you actually get to realize you need to work on your loadout/rotation/tac mods/artifacts.
    • Like x 1
  4. Krossmark Level 30

What's the point of waiting it out? And what am I waiting for? What is the magical sign I should be looking for where I can start learning healing rotations?

Because unless there's something to actually compel anybody, nobody's going to change they're just going to leave - like me, by the way.
  5. Krossmark Level 30

Can't really do that when you get kicked, do you really think being the 'You could, you know' guy is impressing anybody?
  6. Smashbang Wallop Well-Known Player

See Obsidian Chill's Youtube - He's the main man when it comes to guides.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCktwKpKOGJe2lEB43QInnRg

Forewarning - his guides are based on endgame and having high/maxed artifacts, however you're probably NEVER gonna get a leveling build guide that suits you, so you will still struggle if you're not prepared to persist.
    • Like x 2
  7. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

It sounds like you were the healer that was kicked correct? It happens and yes the game has switched from a healer and 3 dps set up and reverted back to the good old days. Well, unless you're an end game healer with some great burners. We can still run 1 tank and 3 dps or 1 heal and 3. But not all can. The reason some can isn't just due to a strong healer but an entire strong team. Roles will be the 1st to be blamed so we need to have the thickest skin and keep our composure. If things are not looking great, ask for 1 dps to either tank or troll. It will make a large difference.

Aside from that, let us help you optimize your build. I heal end game with a water toon that uses basically all dps artifacts. It can be done and done well. I only really know about sorcery and water healing but there is a ton of knowledge here.

So if you'd like, list your build off. Powerset/ loadout/ augment choice and levels/ artifacts and their levels/ sp amount and where they're specced. I'm messaged constantly to help heal or dps players stuck in something. Not long ago, I was in your shoes. You can get there too, just stick it out.
    • Like x 1
  8. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I've begun advocating for role tutorial missions. In the meantime there are tons of YouTube videos that can help. Most of them aren't the be all-end all best loadout and and rotation possible, but most will give you something that's at least solid starting point that will get the job done. But of course, practice makes perfect so getting more and more (and hopefully better) experience is key as well.
    • Like x 2
  9. Shalayah Committed Player

Remember running PZ as healer and the “tank” the group picked up ended up being a amulet DPS.

While we didn’t have any wipes. I was definitely dealing with a lot like keeping this guy alive and trying to survive the brunt of the attacks myself. Especially on celestial with some of the combos. I can’t complain because we beat it with the amulet guy only dying twice but that’s probably the most unwanted effort I’ve ever put in as a healer lmfao.
    • Like x 1
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

PZ elite or regular?
  11. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Was he at least putting out good damage? At least that makes it worth your effort lol. When I run with my rage tank bud, I'll tell him to go battle tank if we have lackluster dps's. He uses amulet/eog/scrap so he just beserks the entire time and I lay my eog at his feet too. Can do incredible aoe damage. But that's my choice vs you just getting a guy that drops it on ya
  12. Krossmark Level 30

If the option is "go watch this youtube video by a player" where is the fun? I want to play, not watch 30 minute videos.
  13. Krossmark Level 30

I don't want to pour over discourse or watch 30 minute video just to play the game at a level that still won't even guarantee I don't get kicked by demanding, short-sighted groups; I wanted to play the game.

The apolgetics of this community are insane, you should be pissed at the state of this design!
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You may want to learn the mechanics of your powerset from experienced players but stumbling around in the dark is an option as well.
    • Like x 2
  15. Zneeak Devoted Player

You're complaining about apparent impatience in players due to previous facerolling standards, but when countered with helpful guides to aid you, your answer is: "not gonna watch a 30 minute video". The irony, OOOOOH THE IRONY! :D

No matter what Update or Game change implemented, there will always be groups of impatient players, rude players, selfish players, unhelpful players and whatever else you want to add to the list. Just as there will be groups of actual helpful, good and patient players.
    • Like x 2
  16. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

This isn't that type of game. This is a commitment, plain and simple. Many have worked years to perfect their builds. Kicked dozens of times but stuck thru it to become a better player. This is what mmos are really all about, growing and building your character/ characters. It took me almost 2yrs to build up my dps side to be one of the better ones in game. My healer side is constantly evolving but after 10yrs, I can do it all.

We start by playing solo, do all you can at your own pace. Do some open world stuff and push yourself on occasion to take on a fight you may not be ready for. You're on here, use it. Ask questions if you don't want to watch videos. In the time it took you to reply, you could have instead answered my questions. You could have a single glaring issue holding you back like you're trying to heal with vit augz. Or your artifacts are a pied piper's, cog of magheddon, and Lazarus water. Things that we would tell you not to do/ use and it's that simple.

We also don't know if you qued event or regular or elite. If you aren't built up and ready, that's what event is for. If you're newish but have gotten your artifacts, skill points, and augs up and have a decent loadout, then it is time to step up to regular. If you're not at 140ish on artifacts, above 260 on augs, don't have appropriate head augs, and are in the under 300sp range, stay out of elites is probably best advice. At least as a role. The healer tank and troll need to be the groups backbone so they need to be as strong as you can find.

It may also be a good idea to concentrate on your dps side for a bit while you watch and learn the healers job and how they accomplish it. It isn't an easy job. It's also generally a thankless job. But it is also usually the 1st role to be blamed for a wipe.

But as a healer, you need to know every other toons powerset nuances. Are you healing a rage tank who's health bar bounces around constantly? Are you over healing because you don't know that a lot of tanks self heal? Are 1 or 2 of your dps's running Learneas amulet? Are they canceling their stacks or not? If they are, again are you over healing and wasting your power? Watching videos, asking questions, and just watching other players is going to make your game time here much more enjoyable. Either way, good luck and we are here to help if you decide you want it.
    • Like x 3
  17. Krossmark Level 30

I've played this game off and on for years, I am referring to the state of the clamping and its effect on peoples expectations from healers in this example vs. what they're used to.

Are you really so far up your own butt that you felt compelled to write this diatribe? This game is in a horrible state and if clamping was designed for the 'new player experience', I literally just showed how it ruins it for anyone approaching new roles, as I did with healing; this was never the case for 10 years, for 10 years you could raise your CR, outlevel content, and have a buffer for learning the mechanics of a role, and now your only suggestion is to watch a 30 minute video.

Jesus, you people are broken. Enjoy your broken game, happy 10-year death!
  18. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

So my lack of mind reading skills is the real problem here. Got ya. We expect players to heal. That's correct. Since source marks were returned last night, I did what I said I would do and I participated in clamped content. We did the jld alert. Myself, 2 of my friends. (Not even imaginary this time!) We are all healers as was our random 4th. They were already in healer role so we went with it. This was always a tough alert to heal at level especially with 3 dps. It wasn't smooth but we weren't expecting it to be. We got thru it all. One of us switched so we had 2 healers towards the end of the last fight. I inspected the original healer afterwards.... 4 resto bottom augs, all at 24. 3 artifacts, 2 not designed for healers, and none above level 59. No head augs. Never complained, never asked for help. Never got kicked as we were well aware of the fact that a stacked dps team isn't optimal anymore.

That player must have watched a 30min video or something cuz I was seriously impressed with their ability. They were also a sorcery healer and the choice of loadout was on point. Not my particular choices but very effective considering sorc is looked at like the weakest healer powerset. They must have followed someone's advice of git gud. But that's enough diatribe from me for the day. Plus something in my backside is trying to get out, need to fix that pronto
  19. El El Committed Player

Im not surprised people, players have to hold their own now.
    People aren't getting kicked for stuff you mentioned most of the time.
    People are getting kicked because,they don't do mechanics,not listening to instructions,have big mouth ect..

Basically they are holding back the team effort, remember people have to spend longer in raids now so weakest link wil be removed alot of time.

Im not saying that you one of those people but still 99% there is a reason you get kicked.

1 thinking you are smarter then anyone else.
    2 healing full group in dps gear ect..
    3 Full power bar but struggling to keep group healed(not 1 shot)
    4 Not responding in group chat.
    5 not doing mechanics
    6 not willing follow directions
    7 Blaming other people
    8 dying from the same mistakes after explaining what to do Mechanic or strategy focus.

These are the most common reasons why people get kicked
    So i hope this wil be helpfull for players.
    • Like x 2
  20. Sgt. Rock Active Player

I hear you & unfortunately your experience is too common post update.

Guess we can all determine that the game is WORKING AS DESIGNED.

A great solution is to create or use the LFG tab in the text chat window.

Looking For Group chat tab window lets you post there in order to let other players know you are looking for other players / roles for whatever instances you want to run by creating your own group.