How much?!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by 9001BPM, Sep 3, 2021.

1. El El Committed Player

Are you serious?Good luck spending 200$ for one legendary ally that is not better than the current free ones.
    Ill stickbwith artifacts they are more beneficial to us.
    • Like x 2
  2. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

Also not forced to buy Time Capsules, Replay Badges, or anything else. But if you want to complete content efficiently and not be a hinderance to the team your on (especially the no death feats)... yes, you have to spend money.
    • Like x 2
  3. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

the only thing i can do is laugh at the price for em.
    • Like x 5
  4. El El Committed Player

You can't buy those legendary allies from the vendor.
    The only way you can get them is through market place.
    They not even account bound,so paying 200$ for a ally is just not realistic.If you can earn them ingame with source marks nobody would be complaining as much.
    • Like x 4
  5. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

So, 2500 daybreak cash for a ally, they aren't available in-game and you can't purchase the alliance to level them up either? Plus, they aren't even working properly.

Who designed this and thought it would be a good idea? This is much much worse than when we couldn't get in-game seals for artifacts, because there is no way around this system, you either pay or pay. I'm usually fine with things you can purchase for feats/stats that are tradeable/sold in-game, even when they are overpriced, but this is just ridiculous.
    • Like x 1
  6. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Hello Heroes and Villains,

So......

We can now buy Legendary Allies in the MarketPlace for $25 each. $22.50 if you are a Subscriber.

And Legendary Alliances for $1 each. $0.90 if your are a subscriber. $0.75 each if you buy the pack

So.....
    $25 + $68 = $93 for ONE Ally???

0r

$22.50 + $51 = $73.50

Yes.... I know if you are Legendary and if you buy a Pack it will be a bit less expensive.... but trying to keep things simple here.

So... $93 or $73.50 for one Ally to get it to rank 10?? feel free to correct my math. ;)

What do you guys think???
    • Like x 2
  7. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I think that everything is pain. Please let the pricing be an error. :(
    • Like x 6
  8. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I’m confused about one thing. When they were on test players asked that legendaries are not better than available allies that aren’t market place exclusive. Now people are upset that they aren’t better?

Allies are exactly what the community has been asking for artifacts. Players said artifacts were to expensive. Players said artifacts are mandatory to complete. Players said artifacts take to long to level without money. Players said that they hated that artifacts could fail on breakthrough. Allies are exactly what the community cried for.

Allies that’s rent legendary are rather easy to level up. If you want to spend money they are rather cheap to level up. They aren’t so strong that they are must have. They don’t fail on breakthroughs. So now players want them to be stronger so that they are mandatory? They want these legendaries allies to be so strong that they want to buy them? So if they do make them strong will players cry that they are pay to win? This is what the community said they wanted
    • Like x 3
  9. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Even if it was $20 it would be absurd, there is no way around this system, it's blatant pay to win. And It makes no sense a almost useless ally is worth the same as 4 booster bundles
    • Like x 2
  10. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I don’t remember saying I wanted to pay $22 per character to summon Aquaman. :(
    • Like x 5
  11. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I agree that $22-$25 is way to much. My points were about the other aspects I listed. I was planning on getting aquaman for my main and Batman for an alt. But not doing it now. Not because of “they aren’t as good as other legends” but because of the price
  12. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Don't forget the $68 for Legendary Alliances to get him to rank 10. ;)
  13. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

You're missing a majority of the post (yes some are debating the damage, myself included kinda because I dont remember the devs ever actually saying or even mentioning what you just wrote about the players mentioning them not being better. The devs obviously wont listen to that because legendary allies are exactly that. Better than rare, and better than epic. Isnt that how this system is suppose to work? The devs never intentionally planned to make them all the same because what would be the point.

The problem is they are broken, and are being sold for cash with bugs lol. Talk about the bigger picture
    • Like x 1
  14. BumblingB I got better.

You know, I half expected there be an in game option for purchasing them in game, you know, like legends characters... Plus, one time purchase. This is a joke. I wanted Aquaman, but nope.
    • Like x 6
  15. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

No, this isn't what the community said they wanted and this isn't what testers talked about.

The main complaint on artifacts was seals of completion exactly because you couldn't get the best of artifacts without paying real life money, now you can't get the best of allies without paying real life money. Allies/legendary allies are exactly the opposite of what people wanted.

When we tested we expected legendary allies to be better because they demand more effort to level up, not because we thought they were going to be marketplace only, that was brought up by Charon a week after testing started and even he wasn't sure of how allies were going to be available.

If they want to make legendary allies available for 2500 daybreak cash it's fine, but there must be a in-game option, even if it's 500 or 700 source marks.
    • Like x 1
  16. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

You also have to account for the cost of the Rare and Epic catalysts considering you need 113 Rare and 92 Epics ontop of the 67 Legendary and the initial cost of the Ally.

Unless you have 2,284 source marks laying around to buy the RA and EA catalysts
    • Like x 5
  17. Rejchadar Inquisitor

And how is your P2W expressed? Free Allies in terms of damage are stronger than those that are available only through MP, all passive skills are situational and there is no obvious winner either ... so what is P2W? at the moment, legendary allies are nothing more than expensive cosmetics ...
    • Like x 3
  18. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Your math is solid.

This was an expected direction for this feature. It's one of the reasons I explained that players would be disappointed with the time these are out. At a cost that high, players expect them to be an actual ally and out for a while, rather than a less-than-pet that only pops out for 3 seconds.
    • Like x 7
  19. OnlyNomad The One Above All

New Artifact-like system is grossly monetized. Color me surprise... /S

Seriously though, it's ridiculous and they should be ashamed to charge that much for 1 Ally.

[IMG]
    • Like x 6
  20. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

People need to look at it this way the whole game is free to play they have to make their money somehow.
    • Like x 2