In Progress Unable to buy Daybreak Cash via Steam

Discussion in 'Arkham Asylum (Bug Reports)' started by Medicine, Oct 6, 2019.

1. RTX Well-Known Player

This can be marked as fixed.
  2. Midnight Man8 Level 30

This needs to be fix first. Please this need fixing. Please
    • Like x 2
  3. notNSANE New Player

Can confirm it's NOT working on my end, just an eternal loading bar.
    • Like x 1
  4. RTX Well-Known Player

Can you tell me what OS/Windows version running on your system?
  5. RTX Well-Known Player

This is not an issue on steam or daybreak´s side, it is system related. What exactly its causing it we have to figure out by getting most information we can to see the differences, so far from what i´ve seen i think it might be an outdated system, beeing unable to have a secure connection/transaction, therefore not allowing you to purchase. The last years there been alot of changes when it comes to network security related areas. New security protocols, updated certificates (Specificly an issue if you´re running Win7) outdated .net framework, runtimes in general (net.framework 4.8 is within the standart installation of the currect win10 version 20H2)

I would suggest checking if your system is fully up to date (Windows Updates, sometimes even optional ones)
    There are sadly way to many possibilities of what it could be, even a non registered application could cause trouble.
    Maybe it´s due to having Steam and the game not installed on C:/ (OS drive)

It might also be good to know if you´ve been administrator when you´ve installed the game via steam.
    And also make sure you´ve not any Anti-Virus like McAffee, AVG, Avast etc. running (Those you mostly get preinstalled when buying a pc with preinstalled windows) There have been statements from Norton and Kaspersky few years ago, that you shouldnt have an external anti-virus anymore since windows itself does the job already, if you not disable windows updates.
    Test Microsoft Defender 4.18 for Windows 10 (211316) | AV-TEST
  6. Vashh New Player

I'm not being to able to buy marketplace cash too after yesterday's maintenance (today is 9/4/21).

Please advise.

I'm running DCUO on steam, using W10.

Also, Steam stopped to count my gameplay hours.
  7. RTX Well-Known Player

Before you have been able to buy it? When was the last time you bought via steam, if you could check? Also could you list if there been windows updates around the same time? Also are you trying to add it when ingame opening the marketplace and then "add cash" button?

Edit: You should check 2 things first, since you said its not counting the gameplay hours.
    1. Is the steam overlay activated? You should see it when game starts.
    2. Start the game via steam and create a new DCUO account when the launcher pops up, then go ingame to marketplace, add cash and see if it would work (you can cancel the transaction, just to know if the issue might could be there)
  8. Vashh New Player

Actually, I was able to buy like a month ago, and there was one update that happened, but it didn't change anything. By the time I updated my PC the steam integration was already broken.

And regarding the buying method, both in-game and website steam payment methods aren't working for me.
  9. RTX Well-Known Player

Ok could you check the last 2 things i´ve added in the "Edit"?
  10. Vashh New Player

1 - Steam Overlay was on, I double-checked that during my tests.
    2 - The thing is that after I launch the game via LaunchPad, feels like Steam no longer has access to the game. Even my steam status changes to "online" instead of "now playing" after I click on "PLAY". Steam doesn't even recognize the game anymore. FeelsBad
  11. RTX Well-Known Player

Ok, the steam status not changing to "now playing" could be caused by having the steam profile set to private, does that happen in other games to and if, could you try to start the games with profile changed to public?

Also, creating a new dcuo account im thinking of is to check if it´s caused by your system, if you would have a new steam account with a new dcuo account and would try it again and it would work, it wouldnt be caused by your system it would give us the hint that its either valve or daybreak issue.

From what i´ve seen so far, it looks like an issue on valve´s side. Try steam://flushconfig/
    Type it in your browser address bar, you will have to login into steam again.
  12. Vashh New Player

1 - My steam profile is set to "Public", always has been.

2 - This doesn't happen with other games like L4D2, CS:GO or Grand Chase. It's something that's only affecting DCUO in my library (It might be affecting other games, but I'm not willing to test all of them because I have 100+ games in my account).

3 - Tried steam://flushconfig/ but it didn't work, my steam reseted like it was supposed to but the in-game UI and marketplace cash didn't fix.

4 - I'm being able to buy MKT Cash via website using other payment methods, same to Legendary Membership, but buying stuff through steam is just so much better :C
  13. RTX Well-Known Player

1. Did you tried with a new DCUO Account? If, does it work then?
    2. What is the installation directory of steam and the game (always keep that steam default and on drive C:/)
    3. Have you been system administrator when you´ve installed steam and the game?

Please, try these steps
  14. Zodarious New Player

Same here support took 4 days to respond and accomplished nothing. There are so many threads with this issue why can't Daybreak acknowledge there is an issue and address it I really want to spend my money and buy come cool stuff common!!!
    • Like x 1
  15. Deathsaurus Well-Known Player

Upvote.
    Still not working
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  16. 1950sJelapi New Player

Hey ! Hello ! i have the same issue here ! I don't know what to do about it , i'm gonna try and make a new account and see how it does, I have windows 10 updated and everything but my Steam wallet Currency is TL turkish Lera , so this might be why it doesn't work
  17. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

For the time being, the fix should be obvious: Buy your Daybreak Cash either from within DCUO itself (via the Marketplace), or from the website through your web browser, rather than through Steam!

I can confirm that it is working for purchasing DBC from within the game's own Marketplace, at least on Windows 10, anyway, because I added some DayBreak Cash tonight.
  18. Ryuji New Player

january 23, 2023 and still isn't fixed. Its weird cause you could buy All Access with steam but you can't with Daybreak Cash.. Can't they just do the same thing they did with buying All Access to buying DBC?
  19. Limey Committed Player

Because they don't know what's causing it for only certain people. I play on steam and the marketcash purchase page populates normally for me.

Just another thought for those troubleshooting... are you all in the US? Just to eliminate location as a variable.
  20. Limey Committed Player

I don't suppose you saw all the screenshots of empty marketplace cash screens? In-game purchases while playing on steam go through steam. The DCUO website is the only option for these people until they can figure out the cause.