Allies...what do you like or dislike about them?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Major Shenanigans, Aug 27, 2021.

1. MrWood Well-Known Player

The animation can go away, it's unneeded. Or change it to a shorter version. I think the support roles should have been unlocked while the attack version should have been rank 3. That's purely subjective. Overall, its just filler. That system isn't needed as much as a power/arts balance is needed.
    • Like x 2
  2. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Too early to tell
  3. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

What I like: That they've given us yet another helper to call on, that's good when you play Solo most of the time.

What I don't like: They're way too short-lived. Star Wars: The Old Republic has totally spoiled me with PROPER AI COMPANIONS that accompany you every step of the way, and Level Up with you. Like, take the Robot Sidekick Iconic Power, and make it a proper character, and that's what you have in SW:TOR! I was hoping they'd try to get us closer to that, but then again, SW:TOR was built from the ground up to have Companions, because that's Bioware's thing. So I suppose it was simply too much to hope for with Daybreak. :(

Frankly, for me, the Pets are more useful. I'm digging that new Starro Pet they gave me! :cool:
    • Like x 2
  4. TheDrone Well-Known Player

I like the idea of Allies. I'd prefer that they stick around a bit longer. I'm not thrilled by the list of Allies. I'm sure they'll add more interesting ones eventually.

I don't like the clutter. I already have a hard time (due to some vision issues) seeing the important things through all the stuff on the screen. I've said this many times, but I think it's worth saying again. I need a filter for what you want displayed. Turning off all visual effects generated by other players would be a huge benefit. Every time they add new pets, it makes the clutter worse.
    • Like x 1
  5. Miss Adora Loyal Player

What I like about it is that you better not blink, you might miss them.
  6. Zneeak Devoted Player

I forget that I have one to call out half the time, I guess that sums up how much I care for it. :p
    • Like x 2
  7. fm0987 Committed Player

Not only that but the other half the time I’m reluctant to even call it in because it feels like it just slows me down mid combat
    • Like x 2
  8. Magg Redd Well-Known Player

Still to early to pass judgement on them yet, plus they are still new so there is room and time for some tweaking. From the couple times I have used mine, it is quick....almost like it is just a photobomb then anything else.

Hopefully as time goes on, they will dive into the large roster DC has of hero's and villains so we have a wide variety of allies to choose from. (Please DCUO for the love of all that is holy don't just give us 23 different reskinned Batmans like you did for legends character)

What I have not heard yet, is that like artifacts, I am sure a lot of it is going to be behind a paywall, which kinda sucks, but I do understand that at the end of the day it is still a business.
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I like they don't have feats attached....so I can disregard them for now. I bought the available ones...I finished the intro mission. At some point I'll deal with them. Till then....what allies?
    • Like x 1
  10. Napoleon Well-Known Player

It reminds me of Maximum Carnage for the SNES/Genesis where you could call upon random heroes in the Marvel universe to help you for a few seconds in the fight, which I dig. The cooldown is reasonable, I just don't find them to be particularly useful as of right now.
  11. BumblingB I got better.

Animation to call them.
  12. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Don't talk too fast.
    We have not seen the T3 Allies in game just yet. There might still be feats attached to T3 Allies.... guess we will have to wait and see. ;)
    • Like x 1
  13. Illumin411 Loyal Player

The animation is probably the biggest negative. Right now allies provide little benefit to tanking so there isn't much fuss being made about this. But once tanks start using them (either the current batch or new allies) and this hasn't been address there's gonna be a pretty big uproar like there was with the Sorceror's Supply drop (which thankfully got fixed pretty swiftly). For the time being, I think it can be clipped with other utility belt trinkets (buff trinket, pet, orbital, supply, breakout, etc) which helps at least a little. It's a little awkward with it being R3 but like anything else, muscle memory can adapt.

Side Note: The conspiracy theorist in me thinks one of the devs keeps messing up DLC after DLC and forgetting to put repair bots near boss fights in raids and after we not-so constructively criticize this omission they swear to themselves not to forget next DLC only to forget once again a few months later. Our free ally, Oracle Bot, is that dev waving the white flag and conceding victory to his/her "I can't seem to stop forgetting that very important detail" demons.
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Is her 'support' role to repair gear? Neat.
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

It's always been the best way in this game to make us participate in stuff we would not otherwise do so (FP base mods anyone?). I'm surprised they don't have "Run 1000 Omnibus raids" yet.
  16. Sweet Daddy Level 30

the fact that they even exist! and on top of that they have a long cooldown ridiculous. :rolleyes: I don't think this was sold out properly.
    • Like x 1
  17. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I don't mind them. I think my value on them depends on what special ability they may bestow more than anything else. I'm surprised. Normally I hate summoning pets unless its something in that particular characters concept.

I find myself desperately wanting to have the Super Pets as allies.
  18. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

How bout now?
  19. Cerulean Osprey Well-Known Player

So far, they haven’t really changed anything for me. Maybe when we have more allies in the future or they expand their abilities. So far, it’s just another trinket/pet to me.
  20. darth_paul Dedicated Player

Yes, and that's what ESO has now with their new companions. You have a choice of two characters that you can gear up for different roles and they will level up and follow you around helping to complete content. These allies are kind of dumb and useless.
    • Like x 1