Long time players punished bc new players can’t use LFG

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sgt. Rock, Sep 2, 2021.

1. Sgt. Rock Active Player

Yes I have done that for years, using LFG & it works great.

Now it’s different because OmNiBuS forces EVERY PLAYER to run old dlcs for the Source Marks needed to progress in game.

Believe me I get it & maybe you don’t understand how OmNiBuS works??
    • Like x 1
  2. Shalayah Committed Player

Eh. This is only one update. You’ll get your new content soon :)
  3. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Exactly, a lot people are saying get good or get out but thats not the point. Who wants to go back and do old material at level that we have done already hundreds of times. Being force to stat clamp is a horrible idea when new players who are at their own tiers just need to form their own group via LFG or their own league. I do understand that this is a business and the devs just wants to make the game playable for new people and keep them but forcing end level players to stat clamp is not the answer. I said this before but we should be given a choice to decide if we want to do old material at level. For example: The omnibus could take us to old material and stat clamp us and the normal on duty could take us back at level for those who just want to blow through or whatever, just my opinion
    • Like x 3
  4. Shalayah Committed Player

So then don’t run omnibus. You can just que raids you find simple snd easy to do/explain. That’s what I do when I don’t have the time or energy to explain something complex.
    • Like x 1
  5. Sgt. Rock Active Player

I understand you are offering solutions trying to help, so thx for for your suggestions.

It begs the question, to any devs who care as well, why would you assume to know what is enjoyable to any other player or what anyone else is willing to spend their limited time in game & $$ on?
  6. Shalayah Committed Player

Well I can’t defend the CR skip situation since I hate em just as much as you do. However your “super-ness” is a very boring way to play the game. You know how boring of a hero Superman would be if he just could beat any and everything with no effort? He struggles all the damn time for a overpowered superhero yet he’s the ultimate version of a superhero.

Feeling super is not one shotting everything or breaking the instance it’s very clear that your version of super is bad for the game.
  7. MaryMagdalene_DCUO Well-Known Player

The players that are saying "Get good" aren't even good themselves lmao
    • Like x 4
  8. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

We aren't using omnibus. We also aren't running old content. (We is the people posting opposing views, not the entire player base) We are forced to run either omni or the old on duty to get the source we have always gotten playing end game only. The disconnect here is that the devs thought we wanted more to do and that was given to us via brute force. Just like the open world raids we all eventually hated. This took far less time to hate. They didn't put bounties in the last dlc. They added elite levels. There were of course some that didn't think it was difficult enough. They became unhappy and still are. 1 angry camp. Now they have doubled down and made yet another angry camp by taking away end game source so those of us that only enjoyed playing end game no longer can.

OP and I may not agree on the clamp, they seem against it while I support it. But if they and I are agreeing on the source issue, that should be a giant red flag to the devs that that was a large mistake. But we all know that you can skip omnibus and that we can stay out of anything old. But the 3rd camp of angry players that liked going in and smashing old content also aren't happy so giving that option back isn't terrible either.

Almost every single option allows more players to be happy. Almost every single option allows the new players to have helpful players join them via omnibus. And if the vets want to go grab a feat from 4 dlc old elites, they can and not get source like we did 2 weeks ago. Till the loot locks are reinstated tho, not many will do more than spam fos3 anyway so it needs to start there. We are giving options, many others are not. Even players that were always about having options have suddenly turned into an unbearable debaters about having less options. And that makes me think they're just trying to stir the pot or are secretly hoping the game fails so they can bust out the "I told you so" routine
    • Like x 4
  9. Sgt. Rock Active Player

To clarify, the new & returning players that need to be carried by vets, ie OmNiBuS, are who I referring to.

I mean it’s so widespread that it changed the entire reward system in the game, Source Marks.
  10. Shalayah Committed Player

Only time I’ve ever told players to get better is when they call for nerfs to things that are perfectly fine where they are. It’s to players that feel entitled to everything yet don’t put in the effort to get those things so I really don’t understand how a player saying “Get gud” is a bad player lmfao. Especially when those statements come from players that want the game to be outrageously easy.
  11. Sgt. Rock Active Player

For the record, I am not against the clamp, I don’t like it too much, but it’s the OmNiBuS & it’s forced game play that made me unsub.
    • Like x 2
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

If only you could see what I've seen! :D
  13. Sgt. Rock Active Player

Who wants the game to be outrageously or too easy.. I never said anything like that so please don’t put words in my mouth, thx.
    • Like x 1
  14. Shalayah Committed Player

Now this is what I needed to hear. I understand that and I was actually unaware that source marks couldn’t be earned in end game content that’s why I didn’t understand the “forced to play old content” argument. With that being said. I do agree with that point that taking source marks out of end game content was a bad idea.
    • Like x 4
  15. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

That’s exactly what this update fixed. New players are not being carried by random end players steam rolling through the content. Now new players have to actually learn mechanics. So because you are an old players you are entitled to steam roll but also say that they should learn mechanics? I’ve played for a long time and don’t feel cheated. So don’t try to speak for others when you just mean yourself
  16. Shalayah Committed Player

It comes off that way because you clearly don’t like the clamp, the content prior to the clamp was outrageously easy and your main point is that you don’t feel super in content.

While you haven’t directly said “I want an easier game” it’s very easily inferred when the only time you felt super was when you could one shot in instanced content.
    • Like x 1
  17. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I knew I liked you lol. Yes, 100% that is what it is all about. I do not hate omnibus, i do not hate the clamp. I will join in at my leisure. I do not and will not stay being forced into it. Even the option of removing currency cap allows the devs to not back track on their full amount of source removal while retaining us and letting us continue to be happy in a purely end game arena.

Edit: still trying to keep emotions out of this and not put out false information so need to say that we do get source in new content. A small amount either as a drop or loot table choice. But like 1 or 2 not the 10 to 25 we have always gotten.
    • Like x 2
  18. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

While I agree with you that this is getting pretty ridiculous, you also have to see that this is a HUGE shake up of the status quo. There have been plenty of big changes throughout the game's 10 year run, but this is the largest by far all in one shot. This reaction had to be expected.

So instead of focusing on the number of threads, the better use of your energy would be in explaining to people how these changes are supposed to benefit all players (which was the Dev's goal). People are ONLY seeing negatives, seeing these changes as punitive, seeing themselves as having very little to no choices. They are disconnected with the big picture and are only seeing how they have been immediately affected. Help them see how this all connects together and forget about how many different threads there are on the subject.
  19. Sgt. Rock Active Player

My posts are regarding OmNiBuS & Source Marks, which you admittedly misunderstood.

My issue with the clamp is after years of grinding that progress is now clamped, but again it’s not a gamebreaker & I never said it was, however for a lot of vets, ike OmNiBuS is.
  20. Sgt. Rock Active Player

& how does LFG to form their own group not accomplish natural game progression?

Form own group, check.
    No steamrollers in group, check.

I mean that’s how we got through the old dlcs.

This update exposed that the new players & CR skip players NEED to be carried through old dlcs, so much so it caused the entire Source Mark reward system to be reworked.

Happy for you that you like changes, maaaannnnyyyy vets Do Not & it’s very obvious.