Long time players punished bc new players can’t use LFG

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sgt. Rock, Sep 2, 2021.

1. Sgt. Rock Active Player

Pretty much, if new players could or would use LFG to form their own groups to play their own tier content, ya know like all of us long time players did & have been doing for years (endlessly grinding), then the old content would not be forced on THE ENTIRE PLAYER BASE.

Being forced to run old content that we have already ground to a pulp & conquered for Souce Marks, which everyone player needs for pretty much everything in game is a GAMEBREAKER, bad design & a horrible decision

This update exposed the unwillinglyness of new players to use the tools the entire player base have been given.

Because of this a lot of players would rather kick than carry, or just unsub & player another game.
    • Like x 4
  2. Sgt. Rock Active Player

Do the new players need to be carried that badly?

Who really needs to Get Good?

Different perspective & Very valid questions.
  3. The Con Dedicated Player

Pretty much.
    • Like x 1
  4. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

New players don't know that LFG exists, or that most players form groups to run content. The Devs took off LFG as a default a long while back...and there are ZERO tutorials in the game to explain to them that LFG exists and that this is how players put groups together.

On top of that, there's 10 years worth of content with players spread all over the place. Since they only know how to queue up to play, they need other people to queue up to fill the slots. You "feel" like this is a punishment, but that's not the case. Along with filling in slots for queues, they are hoping that experienced players help new/inexperienced players learn how to play (especially before they get to the actual endgame).

TL;DR...it's not that new players are unwilling (as you erroneously believe), it's that they don't even know what we know.
    • Like x 4
  5. Sgt. Rock Active Player

Agreed & those are “new player” & dev / game design problems,

& Now they are EVERYONE’S problem.

Again who really needs to Get Good??
    • Like x 3
  6. Shalayah Committed Player

I mean while I do agree that it’s a game design issue. We are playing a teamwork/communication oriented game so it would make sense that players actually did help those guys out. Just my 2 cents
    • Like x 1
  7. Sgt. Rock Active Player

Thanks for the feedback, I have a solution for you...& it has worked for a decade or so in game, use LFG & form your own group.

Your problem is solved without creating a problem for everyone else..
    • Like x 2
  8. Shalayah Committed Player

Everybody else? You mean the players that like to kill ads in under 1 seconds just by looking at them?

I’m not looking to argue tbh. I’m just really curious on how you think we as a playerbase should help players get better at the game because I don’t think them watching you kill everything in sight does that.
    • Like x 2
  9. Sgt. Rock Active Player

If you don’t want to get grouped up with another player that is higher level than you or is more experienced then use the tools the game gives us, use LFG & form your own group,

Your problem is solved without creating a problem for everyone else.

Also it’s the devs job to make adequate tutorials that inform new players of these tools. Honestly it’s not my job to be forced to spend my limited time in game wiping repeating bc new players don’t or won’t know or follow the mechanics.

Cooperation is a two way street.
    • Like x 1
  10. Shalayah Committed Player

Let me get this straight. You’re saying players should try to form groups to run lower level content at level which is pretty much impossible if most players are end game and newer players don’t know of the existence of LFG so it doesn’t impact the player looking to trivialize content meanwhile that same exact player shouldn’t have to look to form groups in order to avoid the frustration of running pugs? Am I getting this right?
    • Like x 2
  11. Shalayah Committed Player

They asked for help and the vets helped them out in a way that benefited said new player.
  12. Sgt. Rock Active Player

Read what you wrote & realize it is the vets that are leaving bc of this update & all of its changes.

Also how do you think vets & long time players got good or got through the dlcs in the first place?

We did it by forming our own groups in LFG and / or running content with other same skilled players, joining a League.

You see that’s how the vets got good, by grinding, failing, learning the mechanics & finally conquering the dlcs when they were released.

Everyone was a new player at one point & guess what we got through the dlcs at the time by grinding, failing & learning what to do & what not to do, where to stand, etc...not by being carried.
    • Like x 1
  13. Shalayah Committed Player

Oh I wasn’t there in the absolute beginning where nobody had experience I wasn’t but I did start playing DC a few years after so there were vets in my time. Anyways I would assume that in the days where vets didn’t exist. Players sucked it up and played the content as it was intended to be played.
    • Like x 1
  14. Sgt. Rock Active Player

You assume correctly, that is how anyone gets better at this game, IT IS A GRIND, not by being carried by longtime players who can run the old dlcs in their sleep bc we already know the mechanics.
  15. Shalayah Committed Player

You do realize that the average DCUO player wasn’t around in that time? A huge chunk of players in todays game have been carried to end game and the 10 year vet isn’t even close to majority on this game.
    • Like x 1
  16. Sgt. Rock Active Player

Yeah absolutely & until this update that was none of my concern, now they needed to be carried so badly for whatever reason, that now it affects the entire player base & became everyone’s problem..

Bottom line, the devs keep digging themselves deeper with more of the same Bad game design & development.
    • Like x 1
  17. Shalayah Committed Player

I still don’t understand how the vet is being burdened by this. If you don’t want to help newer guys out. You could take your own advice as well.
  18. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Well, I’ve already told you why I’m being burdened by this.
  19. Sgt. Rock Active Player

Ok I will explain, OmNiBuS forces every player to run it to get the Source Marks needed to progress in game. OmNiBuS is old dlcs.

Vets despise this force for obvious reasons stated already.
    • Like x 1
  20. Shalayah Committed Player

This is the last time I’ll say this. If you don’t want to be “burdened” by the new player. Take your own advice and create a group.