Downtime US PS/PC Extended Restart

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Aug 28, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThePanda Active Player

The Veteran players.. which stay in the end game...not doing the old content which brought about this but they stick to end game where the stat clamping doesn't apply?

------------

You have the right to choose, you can choose not to go into the old content and stay in the end game where it doesn't effect you.. An about the more rewards if you are end game would just bring people complaining that end game is getting special treatment.. they couldn't win either way.
    • Like x 1
  2. ThePanda Active Player

Skill Points also matter, Artifacts matter.. They changed being the highest CR a long time ago as the end all be all of completing things.
  3. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

None of those things contribute to survivability though.
  4. jolaksi Well-Known Player

Is this hardware issue prevent the things that applied to Phantom zone elite alert? Jor el still 1 shots left and right with his spike or stomp attacks
  5. ThePanda Active Player

They increase stats which allows for more damage, crit damage and crit rate which means you have less time to get wiped if you are doing more damage if you are a dps which would be half your survivability, the other half would be situational awareness. For heals and trolls they allow for bigger heals and power dumps. For Tanks it allows for more dominance and health. All of these increase survivability for the group. Being able to adapt to a missing role also plays a part in surviving.
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

At level, a raid enemy can kill you in less than a second. Unless I have so much dps I can kill everything in one hit, that dps does nothing for my survival.
  7. ThePanda Active Player

Are you sure about that? cause you know, "back in the day" before artifacts, utility belts, allies, and Exobytes people was able to complete FoS2 and Inner Sanctum the OG League Destroyers without getting one shot.. might want to get more SP on your character.
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I have 525 sp. Is that enough for the big boys’ club? Because it doesn’t help me with raid mobs.
  9. Lori Batsy New Player

its only on the the new place, but i can hear things like the music things happening but its not of the loading screen...
  10. ThePanda Active Player

I see, not it doesn't meet the big boy's club requirements cause thats not a thing. Then you need to stick behind your tank.. if you are the tank then yikes for you. I just went through a Raid and was not killed in seconds, though that is probably cause it was FoS3 but that is part of the old content where i'm stat clamped so hmm.. let's try to figure this out. I bet with our handy dandy notebooks and our combined minds we can figure out what is going on.
  11. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Hey, I never said I was a good player. If I found a genie in a lamp, my first wish would be to git gud. But back in reality, I have dyspraxia, ADD and anxiety. I have to make the best of what I have. That sometimes means going into something 50cr higher, so I have a few less things to watch out for. But not anymore. :(
  12. ThePanda Active Player

x.x There you go, stop going into stuff 50cr higher, that is why you are getting killed in seconds. you scale down, you don't scale up. :eek:
  13. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I mean when I’m fifty cr higher, but I suspect you know that.
  14. ThePanda Active Player

I read it wrong, but even so 50cr wasn't much of a difference, it was a placebo. Seriously though, some things might be a bit stronger at the moment but things are still being adjusted, worked on and tuned.. No game in the history of games made changes like these that was prefect on the get go. Destiny was even plagued by many bugs after updates, like said when waiting for this update to come out, just need to give it a bit of time, let the kinks be ironed out and if in a week or two Non kills me one more time in Phantom Zone, I'll just scream.
  15. Mister Rook New Player

It's probably far too early to see if the clamping has fixed anything. I greatly doubt that it has without creating whole new issues. I know for me and my league, the game is completely wrecked. We're casual players and play because we enjoy superhero games and DC and nearly all of us have played since launch. To now HAVE to go feat-hunt for SP in content that is now challenging is an overwhelming waste of time and money as well as just frustrating. Why did we play for 10+ years? To have it not only reset us to the start but to never be able to go further than the ratings of the content? It also just doesn't make any conceptual sense to the setting and story of the game - though as an MMO, there isn't a whole lot of sense anyway. If I continue to play, I'll have to feat-farm with lower CR new toons (I have over 40 alts among several accounts) and activate them on my main because I can't see myself taking my main back into that mess. I just about got wiped out by Zoom in central city on the first night because I didn't even notice the clamp was in place. That's insane.

What I would have rather seen has been mentioned by many ppl in these forums all week and that's selectable content. There's this whole Flashpoint thing happening - why not add CR clamped content as part of a "flashback" kind of event instead of forcing us all to do it? Upgrade the old content with new feats and rewards to get older players to play it. There's a ton of possible improvements that could be added to the old Central City, for instance. Add some higher CR stories! You're doing it in the new content a few months after a new episode drops, why not in any of the older stuff? I mean, I know, when leveling a low-level toon, there is a huge, often pointless wait to queue for older raids (assuming my league is not available), but there are several other solutions for this than crippling the rest of us. Why not do more with the renown system, making higher renown needed in order to gain access to content instead of access to gear? Especially now that the gear is all clamped (yes except for the highest level content, I know, I know).

How much data has anyone received from new players anyway? I've tried countless times to get people into playing DC and most do not because of the repetition required. People have lives. Changing the game to make it more challenging INCREASES the time we have to spend grinding which many, many people do not want to do or cannot do. I have several other games to play. I play DC because it's often chill, fun, the new content is fun to do with tons of players spamming open-world bosses, etc. Now it's just more work - that I pay for.

Also, bring back the vault. Not because I liked the vault, it was really tedious after 10 years - but because when the seasonal changes happened, the vault changes were fun. Made the whole game feel seasonish. Now I log in and don't do a thing. Press up, collect free stuff for no reason, log out because I don't want to play random content that I don't like that I've played 1,000 times and now have to do so with unknown ppl who drop constantly and the content is clamped.

And for those of you that LIKE the new clamping, well, ok. I'm not sure if it's just mindless brand loyalty, a need for nostalgia, or the immediate gratification bug, but I don't know why anyone would want their game nerfed like this. The only argument I've seen for the clamping seems to be with queue waits and some sort of need to "play the mechanics" of the game. Sure. I was annoyed years ago when they changed the powers. I used to have a sweet sorcery healer that took me a while to learn and it became pretty nice to be welcomed and requested to join teams because I was very good and many other healers were not. When the change happened, my healing skills were useless. Now, healers just spam buttons not much different than dps. This is another place where there could be more thought as to improving play beyond just a simple clamp because all I'm seeing here is systematic band-aid solutions to problems that have been poorly fixed for several years in the guise of "streamlining" play for new players. I can see why newer players (like within the last 6 years) might see these changes as needed but you year 1 ppl, I am... aghast. There, I said it, aghast.

Lastly, the Legends hub is terrible. It should have been limited to elite players like a new level of the watchtower, not open to everyone. I hopped on my CR 14 toon last night and went right into the legends hub even before the Welcome to the Watchtower mission (which might be gone now, I don't know). It felt like cheating. I would much rather level that toon in such a manner as to get my lair, then join the watchtower, get my renown patches, then join the legends hub - when the toon is ready. Putting all of the content into a single place is, well, not interesting. People have called it "lazy", which I would agree, but it's also a simplified form of efficiency that takes away from the game's experience, not enhances it. All of the finding, the wonder, the enjoyment of the setting of the game is erased by putting everything into a single console. Sure, I use my base for similar things, but I earned that.

Side note - my CR 14 character wiped the floor with the open world mission content. She did far better out the door than my CR 338 main did with zoom in CC. It's just mind-boggling how inconsistent the entire game is now. While Zoom and Abra were more difficult to take down, I one-shot solo'd ALL other bounties in metro and gotham because my CR is normal there. IT MAKES NO SENSE.

This is highly off topic, apologies. I did not expect my own rant-vomit today. I've been a professional game designer for over 25 years and when I see something like this happen to a game, especially one that I love, it's just crushing. Especially when there's such a division between players on whether it is a good or bad change. It suggests several different play styles, several ways that people approach the product and the dev team has selected a single way of playing as their focus for the changes with little regard to the others, even if they say otherwise. This might be a data based and/or business decision, it could be a design decision, I'm not sure, but it certainly wasn't made from the perspective of the players of the game. Of course, those of us who play casually rarely have a voice in these forums because we're casual. We're not the squeaky wheels. This week, the squeaky wheels got the grease. The rest of us will just silently slip away...
    • Like x 3
  16. rimvader Well-Known Player

It seems I must play Omnibus and 'Save the World' for the new gear. If I can get the new gear playing T6 (Ep. 38, 39, 40) I would be happy to hear that. Where the new gear drops is a must for End of Gamers.
  17. OnlyNomad The One Above All

Although the stat clamp doesn't affect relevant episode, they removed Source Marks from relevant episodes. Therefore making running new content sort of obsolete for a lot of players. Truthfully I think a lot of this backlash could've been avoided by either making the stat clamp optional or keeping Source Marks as a reward for relevant episodes
    • Like x 2
  18. BrianaLaPantera New Player

As a long time player who is at end game content this episode is horrible. I haven't grinded the past 7yrs just to be clamped in past content. Then having to blind que omnibus just to finish up mission threads is b.s.. Also removing marks from newer content is trash. I can see another of low lvls not getting feats from this update and leaving the game. This episode is highly infuriating to me. I waited to resub for a week until this episode dropped, im glad I didn't resub because I won't until this crap is fixed.
    • Like x 3
  19. Gothkid1972 New Player

Hate to tell you "Long Term/Veteran Players" this but almost Every MMO stat Clamps...I cant think of a single one that doesnt implement it in some form...

Some do it Dungeon only...Some do it Open World...

I doubt at this point this is going to change, as it would be a regression from current MMO standards (most MMOS in production have this built in)
  20. MEMO2 Level 30

Why should I play with the weak level And they don't have ART 200 or sp more ??

And I can't finish the 8 player because they noob

Why is there no choice in Q menu ? 4 ppl have 200 art and sp high and want play together

Why should I teach new player ?????

What about a player who spent years playing a game? What will you give us ??????

Now there is nothing I can do for a elite player Just stand

Do you want to pay attention to the new player in this game and not pay attention to the old player that have been playing for years

There is nothing I can do inside the game we fell boring All this time to give us FOS 2 hahahah You exhausted yourself
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.