I'm glad some people don't like the update

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by FrankZappa, Aug 27, 2021.

1. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’m not even a casual in terms of hours put in, I just get overwhelmed if I have too many things to keep track of simultaneously. :(
  2. OnlyNomad The One Above All

You make a dangerous amount of assumptions in this thread with no evidence and data to back your claims. I gave you the benefit of the doubt when I alluded to you either being dense or a troll but after reading this I'm definitely going with the latter.

I'm an humble man, I'll gladly accept facts and I'll admit when I'm wrong. Provide to "Facts" and the data you speak of and I will gladly accept them.
    • Like x 2
  3. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Sweetheart, if instances are taking twice to six times as long I’m really having hard time seeing how this is a good change. I don’t care about new players, new players don’t do anything for my experience and they’re usually burdens to deal with.
    • Like x 5
  4. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Wow thank you for exposing yourself to everyone. You really nailed it here "I don't care about new players" unfortunately for you the devs don't see it that way. Their goal is to bring new players by making all DLCs free. Who knew bringing stat clamp would expose so many bad players. It feels almost like Christmas.
    • Like x 1
  5. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’ve always been upfront about being a bad player but at least you’re enjoying my suffering.
    • Like x 2
  6. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

I don’t care about new players experience, only my own. Do you think I dumped so much money in this game to benefit new players?

Hell no I didn’t. I dumped money in here to get content I liked, and I don’t like this update so I’m going to complain about it.

Don’t like what I have to say? Then leave!
    • Like x 5
  7. Spider Jerusalem Well-Known Player

Fortunately for us, we don't have to care what the devs think. That's not our job. It is, however, their job to care about us. And they've just made their gamble. They're wagering that the influx of new (and unproven) customers will offset the loss of old (and otherwise loyal) customers. It's a big bet.
    • Like x 3
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

At least you’re not pretending you have altruistic motives, I guess.
    • Like x 1
  9. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

How about you leave child. You sound just like one with that attitude. Don't care about new players experience then stay in your lane, complete your dailes and what not and log off. You don't account for others and since YOU only care about yourself despite having to run with groups in alerts and raids then why even play an MMO just stick to single players because that is the attitude I'm getting from you.
    • Like x 1
  10. BumblingB I got better.

Well, Darlin', I don't like clamps either, but they are going in a different direction of the game. No one was running older content. This way works.
    • Like x 1
  11. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

No one was running older content? Then why did they have to clamp people because people were carrying new players?

If no one is running older content, no one should be carrying new players.
    • Like x 3
  12. Tainted0Love Well-Known Player

Whoo hooo this is freaking great. I can suck at the old content all over again.

Never going to be a good player. All I had was being over powered in the old crap.

And that science spire, two healing barrels at the end guy that you can't use because the butthead breaks them if you get remotely close to them.
    • Like x 3
  13. OnlyNomad The One Above All

Again, feel free to reply or PM me with the evidence or the factual data backing your claims. I'll wait. :)
    • Like x 2
  14. OnlyNomad The One Above All

Mental health ain't no joke brother, I hope you get the help you need.
    • Like x 4
  15. Neptunia New Player

That is not true, a lot of players are finding the stat clamp distasteful, but the house of legends and the reward system much better, and I agree, it is.
    Sadly most of my friends and people in the league i've joined has left and uninstalled this game thanks to the stat clamp, I can't finish alerts or raids cause people desert it.
    • Like x 3
  16. Roocck Committed Player

Where is the proof?
    • Like x 3
  17. FrankZappa Well-Known Player

I god what have i done? i was just saying to all the toxic pve players what they tell me, i did not intend it to become a flame war that would go on for 6 pages.
  18. Roocck Committed Player

i don’t like the update, but I am not going anywhere anytime soon… I pay my sub for now, log in do my FP, DAILIES, ALERTS AND RAIDS when available… Will not be supporting this update just by not doing old contents, won’t buy anymore materials for my arts, won’t buy replay badges, won’t even try to get allies and sure won’t level them up…. None of my toons will never see any old contents ( Tank, Healer etc…)… Source marks to pay my bill, I’ll save and use the freebies…. My life is simple….. don’t have to leave, just don’t support…..
    • Like x 4
  19. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

It is rare that a company would actively or intentionally want to risk offending or alienating their bread-and-butter customers but it happened before as in the case study of New Coke from 1985. Coca-Cola Company ended up alienating and offending there customer base and the was severe. The other more recent example could be from Microsoft and Window 8 which was polarizing and ultimately not received well at all.

I truly want to believe that Daybreak does not want to cast aside its bread-and-butter customers for some unverified hope of replacing them with new customers who will be as loyal and willing to spend real $$$ on this game as have.
    • Like x 1
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Well unlike when an exclusively PvP player leaves...a PVE player leaving probably means a loss of revenue in either subs or supply sales....so it's not quite the same. I'm not a fan of the update, but I have my ways around it and have never mentioned leaving, though my playtime might go down some. Can't tell right now.

BTW. I don't know if I ever said leave, but yeah, the state of PvP is almost non usable and not fun and also shows no sign of ever being fixed. I'd say if you really are fixed on having a good PvP experience, leaving might be the best option...seriously. At least PvE they've shown interest in making changes to, as evidenced by this change. Like it or hate it...it's a change. When was the last PvP change?