Downtime US PS/PC Extended Restart

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Aug 28, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zion New Player

t
    things need to go back to normal i pay good money for my toon an i at least want an option to be clamped or not
  2. Tainted0Love Well-Known Player

The world is currently down for maintenance. Please try again. <0x0keepwaiting0C>
  3. EthanBlack Level 30

Thanks for all your hard work on fixing this. You are appreciated DCUO. I know you are doing everything you can.
  4. EthanBlack Level 30

Come play with us at Evolution Unlimited, we aren't self centered jerks. I play as Mr Halloween, or The Warlock Hexer a lot. Hit me up and I will add you to our league.
  5. Tainted0Love Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  6. Aethereus New Player

I agree with this. Ironically, as a League Leader and professional, my time is allocated specifically to gaming. While I'm not a parent, I can understand a relate to haste and not wanting to waste time. That being said, I love DCUO and it stands tied as a fave with only one other game. If downtime and investigation is how we play smoothly and without incident, then let Daybreak and/or it's Devs do their jobs.

As far as kicks go... I find the option to be a double edge sword. You don't want to be standing around emoting while you wait for one person in 8 to be ready to run something, but it is unfortunate that players trying to learn and u derstand the mechanics of any raid/alert would be kicked instead of taught. We're the Heroes and Anti-Heroes (Any Villain remember the last time we were truly villainous?) of a awesome gaming community, and we should be helping to cultivate others talents and grow our community, not losing players to unfair treatment, horrible group/social/mic attitudes, indifference, or discouragement.
    • Like x 1
  7. Eve YouTuber

US is up
    • Like x 1
  8. Allover 6 New Player

9. Allover 6 New Player

im sorry im just trying to say i see this everyday. im also learning i have been missing a lot of rewards and sceens in all missions.
  10. Grvv Redwig Well-Known Player

Okay, so i remove armor but there is that one high CR who will still be in the group who can wipe everything easily ... also remove gear and will not even have a chance of playing your role ( heal or control specifically ). The only way to have that working is to get a full premade 8 man who will comply with that and be honest ... that is impossible. Clamp is amazing ... spend a little extra time on it but the reward is literally so good ... getting alot of gear to salvage for augments etc and 10 SM per raid is amazing compared to before.
  11. emerson brasileiro Level 30

mais alguém se incomoda pelo loot de equipamento fechado não poder ver a escrita verde ou amarela que demonstra que vc tem ou não o estilo.

descupa mas gosto tanto de ao receber o loot poder ver entre as opções de estilo como escritas a cor verde 'quando não tenho' ou amarela 'quando tenho'

queria que estivesse no equipamento ainda dentro do loot a aparência de algum sinal verde ou amarelo demonstrando se tenho ou não tenho aquele estilo, o jogo é muito grande e não consigo guardar tudo na memória
    • Like x 1
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Update: the world is now online
    • Like x 3
  13. Corsair X Well-Known Player

Agreed, I was in the new content. And thats supposed to be CR worthy. I ported and came out as a CR 145? I was 339. Got my **** handed to me in Phantom. My group was even confused, nothing worked. Then I play the old missions and its like lvl 10 all over again.
    • Like x 1
  14. ThePanda Active Player

They stated that they have held off on leveling the content up to end game level, that is why you are going into it at CR 145.

Edit: Went back to re-read and I was wrong here, For a Limited Time there is StU normal versions available.
  15. Alexei Shostakov New Player

You're aware that the rewards could still be amazing without the clamp, aren't you? Increasing rewards and making them more attractive does not imply a clamp. And on the question of armor, if the desire is a challenge, assemble a team for the challenge set by you in the LFG. And then we would see how many supporters you could get.

If your answer to this suggestion, during the pre-update, is: "I couldn't get a team with this premise." So you just saw how much the clamp does not have majority support. It's that simple.
  16. ThePanda Active Player

That is the best thing about this update... queueing does this for us, we don't have to shout in LFG and just queue up cutting the time it would have taken to a fraction of it.
  17. Lori Batsy New Player

my games been on the loading screen for like10 minutes now
  18. Alexei Shostakov New Player

Exactly, forcing all players to submit, without the right to choose. An interesting and democratic option would be to put the modality with and without the clamp, as they do with regulars and elites. Simple. Players who played with the clamp would have more rewards. And then we would see if the clamp is adored by the majority.
  19. OnlyNomad The One Above All

True but the reality is that the stat clamp was implemented to increase player retention in early game because veterans were not queueing for old content. New players wouldn't stay around because the queue would take too long to pop up, unfortunately by doing this without making it optional, you alienate the veteran players who had no intention or will to go replay old content.

Now we'll see in the long run how this decision fairs and if it actually increases player retention but for now we don't know. I have no control over all of these changes but I believe it could've been done better with everyone's interests taken into consideration.
    • Like x 2
  20. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

And then you fail miserably because we’re all only 10cr above the NPCs. I’ve always told people not to blind queue anything they can’t solo.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.