I'm not thrilled

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by valiant Villian, Aug 25, 2021.

1. the solowing Steadfast Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

And yet you seem perfectly fine with shutting people like me out. :(
    • Like x 2
  3. the solowing Steadfast Player

Ouch:(, that isnt my intent. I just want the game to once again require teamwork. So we can move the communities mindset of "Your fellow player is competition", into seeing their fellow player as an asset to complete something with.
    • Like x 2
  4. timetrapper52 Well-Known Player

I would like to redact my negative response to Stat Clamping its actually good for Team Work and for low players to consider doing feats instead of being blasted through

The Stat Clamp Stuff is quite easy. I also find the Upscaled stuff to be really easy. Players barely taking damage from the first few bosses, No deaths for something that just came out

In terms of players not knowing mechanics. I do believe the game should still do more to teach them and build up there mechanics knowledge

We need a chat for new players to ask questions, That experienced players are willing to actually answer like a mentor system

The Scoreboard needs to be removed to remove unnecessary toxicity

But This Episode does sure come with problems for long time players that want new content. We been running FOS over and over for years even when it was relevant this is nothing new to us

That's all I will say

The game was on easy mode all this time no wonder no one knows mechanics.There not being punished to look back and learn from there actions and improve as a player

As for feeling powerful. I think feeling powerful is still there with having your Artifacts and SP Up is good enough

Oh I almost forgot The Bounties need a system of there own, some kind of reward system around that so players form groups just for that as a side content to experience

Crafting needs a fix too. Make a system for that so that the highest endgame gear can be crafted & sold on the broker

But that also needs an economy fix things are overly priced must be because of all the duped money going around

DCUO has alot of systems but lacking gameplay around those things. The game needs more gameplay avenues than just On Duty

Everyone is really bummed out because its the only kind of gameplay they have experienced DCUO needs to expand there scope of relevant content

Teamwork and feeling welcomed is key. There should also be a in-game league finder/recruitment for players to find a league that fits there playstyle

If DCUO truly wants to go this route and not have braindead players they must have the tools and enforcement to support this
    • Like x 2
  5. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’m genuinely struggling with this update. I’m trying my best but the clamping, the upscaled FoS2 is causing me a lot of problems. I’m stressed out and worried for the future.
    • Like x 1
  6. the solowing Steadfast Player

Dangit why cant you be US lol
  7. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Lots of you US peeps have reached out to me, it’s actually been really nice but there’s not much that can be done. :(
  8. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I blame the score board for causing this rivalry between players.
    • Like x 2
  9. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

This is my experience with EPISODE 41 as well. It is frustrating to me. I made the mistake of trying to do the solo this morning before getting ready for work - Circe’s Trail - I wiped 3 times on the final boss just like when I was a noob and this solo was brand new. I finally remembered how I beat it originally when I was at level, taking an extra health barrel with me from the rotunda, and using 2 health barrels strategically, I finally beat it.

All I have done so far are the solos, I have not done an alert or a raid. My experience with the solos has left me feeling frustrated. I have high CR, SP and all augments are maxed out yet I am like I was originally at level or weaker. I feel weaker not over powered.

This is my experience so far with the changes. I think I will just stick to end game content where I am stronger and I can feel like all my effort has paid off. Again, this is my experience so far.
    • Like x 1
  10. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

To be fair, that’s an iconic solo. That would have happened before 41.
    • Like x 2
  11. Irvynnge Loyal Player

Circe's Trial is the iconic, yeah? the iconics never get any easier. they're designed as a "moment in time", so they always feel the same when you go in to them, regardless of how high your CR gets they will always feel pretty much like the first time.
  12. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

In the end, be it, they just managed to make spending in the shop no longer profitable, because, why pay to be stronger? when we are all now restricted! x)
    • Like x 3
  13. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I tried a different solo this morning. It went better than Circe's Trial, but for some reason it wasn't the solo I thought I had selected to play. I thought I had chosen Lex Tower from BoP but I got the Flash Museum from Metal Part 1. It went ok, the adds were simple enough. The bosses proved more challenging than I expected for my level, as far as "Feeling Powerful" no I do not. I felt more like being at near max CR for Metal Part 1, just not quiet there yet. Certainly not one 1 tier above it.

I have yet to do any alerts or raids, i actually dread the thought of it based on my experiences so far with the solos. I have a not end game alt I run / ran for farming stuff, so I tried her. She felt more powerful than my main CR341.

I am trying to like this, I am trying to take baby steps with it, but so far I am underwhelmed and frustrated. What is the point anymore? :(
    • Like x 1
  14. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

We still have the roleless buff, but they always been crap.

No tank you get the Shield buff on your bar, no healer if you block you get healed back, no troller gives you high power regeneration.
  15. Illumin411 Loyal Player

You can still grind to make your character a lot stronger. I've mostly been tripling, quadrupling or more other DPS's in older clamped content so obviously there are factors that extend beyond the clamping's intention to level the playing field. Maybe it's artifacts. Maybe it's augments, skill points or even just skills as a player. Most likely it's some sort of a combination of all.

I'm sure few would believe this, but I'm not saying that to be boastful. I'm just trying to show evidence that the clamping has NOT forced all our characters to be weak, squishy, ineffectual, creampuffs. Your mileage may vary and all, but over here, I'm still crackin' skulls. :D
  16. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I've gone from driving a fuel efficient 29 City/39 Hwy 2019 Jetta to one dragging a 2 ton anchor behind me. All my artifacts are max level, all my augments are max level, yet its all meh :(
    • Like x 1
  17. Hyppoli Well-Known Player

I have ran all the solos, alerts and raid. Except for the final boss in power core the rest have not been a challenging. With that said, I also like to faceroll old content for feats and gears and agree that as we spend time getting our character stronger we should be able to faceroll old content.

Also redoing old content gets you bore quickly.
  18. Zeph El New Player

That happened to me several times as well. My hope that is a bug that they are working to fix.
    • Like x 1
  19. the solowing Steadfast Player

Good, you dont need those chumps

I havent looked through your YouTube catalog, but do you have guides for the older raids as Tank/Healer/Dps/ Power types? Because if not, you have a treasure trove of content to dive into now.
  20. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

What I mean is for those who knew the game before this, they will have known the feeling of full power of their character(s), before this maj, you had a more interesting interest to spend to become stronger, but now, with this, you have no interest to do it, well, this should be the reasoning of the players before this maj, because what's the point to spend, now, when you're restricted in everything you do? x), this will most certainly be the stupidest idea ever on DC Universe Online!

They just tried to do what many MMORPGs have added at the time of development, but DCUO, added this when the game wasn't really meant to go that way....

Can you imagine the irony? HL players will continue to collect next level stuff and end up playing in the low level just lol
    • Like x 1