Stats-clamp. Is it worth to download the game?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lvl 30, Aug 27, 2021.

1. Lvl 30 New Player

From pure curiosity... How is the game now after stats clamp? Is it even worth downloading the game?
    • Like x 2
  2. zNot Loyal Player

Id say yes and i hope they will continue going this direction with the next episode Elite raids to add more longevity and replaybility aswell as difficulty to them so i think first piece of the puzzle is done the next we will see in the next episode and how difficult they will tune things there. If they intented to players getting better at the game then this was a good update.
    • Like x 3
  3. the solowing Steadfast Player

Its a yes from me.
    • Like x 3
  4. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Yes, because we still have character creation along with stats clamp as well as pvp, there is more to gain with this game than to lose, if you dislike 1aspect, there is always something else to do.
    • Like x 1
  5. the solowing Steadfast Player

Episodes are free
    Money cap is gone for premium+
    Stat Clamp
    Reduced queue times

Its a good time to give it a go
    • Like x 3
  6. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Yes.

It is Free.... so..... no reason not to try it out and find out?

Here is a Free sample. ;)
    • Like x 2
  7. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

100% yes
    Absolutely nothing to lose by trying and forming your own opinion :)
    • Like x 2
  8. Ringz Dedicated Player

I too, was gonna respond with something along the lines ' its free. Why even ask others opinions '?

But I wanted to be nice lol.
    • Like x 2
  9. the solowing Steadfast Player

When you can can you update this thread with your experience?
    • Like x 2
  10. Nikka Hara New Player

I dont think you realize how tiny the player base is. I understand stats clamp in raids and stuff, i dont mind that, but please bring back normal CR in open worlds. It is impossible to find players to farm old bounties with and now i cant solo them anymore.
    • Like x 4
  11. the solowing Steadfast Player

[IMG]
    Give it a little while, theyll come to you.;)
    • Like x 2
  12. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Once players are done playing the Bounties.... it is pretty much impossible to get groups for Bounties.

So at some point we had NO CHOICE but to solo them Bounties.

Only one of 1000 reasons why the Clamp was a BAD idea. :(
    • Like x 4
  13. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

No.... no they won't.

We have had to solo the Bounties for YEARS.
    The CC Bounties..... SBot Mbot..... New Genesis..... Metro Battle Zone.... etc.

Once the players are done getting all the feats for Bounties.... they never run them ever again.

So if you do not get ALL the feats during that window where players are playing those Bounties..... no choice at some point but to solo them..... which will now be impossible for most of them.

I think you can now solo the CC Bounties.... but I doubt you can solo Raven in Wasteland.
    • Like x 5
  14. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Have you tried forming a bounty farming group in LFG? I saw several people forming groups for those on LFG on the villain side of the EU server last night.
    • Like x 1
  15. the solowing Steadfast Player

What of us who havent done them yet? I dont really care for bounties, but im willing to help. I dont mean to sound a stringent *****, but im very much in favor in forcing teamwork if need be in content that should require it. Many years ago, when i did my sigs i used to put *I like to solo heal* not realizing at the time i was perpetuating the very attitude that i should've been fighting against.
    • Like x 2
  16. L T Devoted Player

You should read the following:
    I see bounty groups in LFG literally all the time on the US server. Starro, Titans Bot, DoS Doomsday... it's been super common to see shouts for these and others. They usually happen early in the week, when folks have finished current content and are looking for older stuff to catch up on.

As a tank on test, the only bounties I couldn't solo were the BoP ones. I was told they fixed the issue, but I didn't go back and test it.
    • Like x 1
  17. timetrapper52 Well-Known Player

I would only recommend the game in its current state to new players as its a much improved experience for them

Endgame players its really bad right now they got left out from this update. Those players have unsubbed and are waiting for actual new content. I am also doing the same
    • Like x 2
  18. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Yes... I see people calling for Bounties ALL the time in LFG...
    Heck looking at LFG right now....
    DD
    Generals
    Prince
    DD
    Clockwork Prince
    Clockwork Prince
    DD
    Generals
    DD
    Prince
    Ares

But... NOT
    Raven
    New Genesis
    Starro

So yes... plenty of people in LFG for the somewhat more recent Bounties....
    But Good luck finding a group for most of the Bounties.

As a Tank?? What about the other roles??

As a Fire Tank you can SOLO Doomsday in Flashpoint Gotham.

If you can solo a Bounty with a Tank does not mean it's OK for everyone else??
    What about everyone else who do not play a Tank??
    What about everyone else who can not solo as well as a Tank can??
    • Like x 4
  19. JSnaples Committed Player

No. Dont come back to dcuo for this update its ruined the game
  20. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

It's nice and fine if you don't care about the Bounties..... but for people who do care.... it is a real problem.

Forcing Teamwork is fine.... if there are teams actually doing the content.
    If there is NO team playing the content.... you have no choice but to play it solo..... which is not an option no more.

And Forcing players to do something..... usually ends up Forcing them to find another game.

Never a good idea.

We need all the players we can get.

If you Force too many people to find another game....
    you will make the people who keep on saying the Game is Dead very happy.
    • Like x 7