Do Not be afraid to be a Leader

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ringz, Aug 26, 2021.

1. Ringz Dedicated Player

Wanted to balance out the Constructive Criticism Crowd VS the Fear Mongering Crowd war thats going to be going on for awhile, by adding my own legitimate impressions on particular Stat Clamp Runs:

As far as first day impressions, I ran alert Phantom Zone, raid Power Core and Justice For All. All 3 runs were great. Especially running with a few players who got smacked in the mouth due to playing selfishly. Fortunately, other players and I(both alert and raid) were well versed in the mechanics of the runs and told them "Ok kiddies. Once you're tired of k'oing for the 5th time, we can play as a team and get out of here quicker".

Guaranteed both runs, they felled back and became a team player and completed the runs. TBH, mechanics weren't even an issue since dpses were still able to put out some good output. One guy during Power Core even solo'ed the bridge, while everyone else were in cutscene and then eventually everyone else caught up and helped to hold the adds off. It was pretty cool sight to see. What DCUO is about to deal with this upcoming months is weeding out selfish players and punishing non-team players when it is needed.

A lot of players need their ego popped across the lip, and this update has been effective in my runs so far. I definitely would like to accommodate everyone feedback, but in the meantime be a leader. If you know a thing or two that can help the group, let it be known in the group chat. If they ignore you and tell you shut up grandpa, then at least you know their weed about to be clipped soon :rolleyes:

Enjoy the game Yall
    • Like x 15
  2. Ryazan Dedicated Player

You want us to TALK to other people? Eww no.
    • Like x 11
  3. Ringz Dedicated Player

Awwwh, chimone Ryazan. They're kids lol.

We all needed a Mother/Father figure in our lives once in awhile :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  4. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

LOL!!!

Yup. People might actually have to get into Instance Chat again :)
    • Like x 2
  5. Ringz Dedicated Player

What ikr.

Going back to the days of thinking you're doing fine in Prime Battle Ground, then the LFG leader sends you a pm "Hey, come to instance chat. Let me talk to you real quick". LOL those were definitely memorable coaching days for me.
    • Like x 1
  6. kiramon2 New Player

Players kill this game.

Not because they are bad, as these forums claim everyone is. But because the majority of people coming to play the game DO use boosts - because like, wtf who is going to start at CR10 or whatever and go up to friggen 330+. It's just not going to happen.

This game could do itself loads of favors by removing Skill Points or baking them into the CR Boosts, since the base-power disparity between a boosted and a "time-hardened" character wouldn't be so large. But until they do something about that, everyone will keep thinking that other people just suck, when in reality they may not -- but their character does, because they have half the stats of the non-boosted.

The solution of "well go play content nobody actually plays anymore that we did 10 years ago" to get skill points just isn't going to work in the world of today, which is why boosts supposedly exist in the first place. The barrier to entry is just too huge for anybody new to come along and enjoy themselves and the 50 people who play the game that didn't boost don't care to do anything but yell at players who boosted, lol.
    • Like x 4
  7. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

People who already beat the raid numerous times and know exactly what to do won’t have to go into instance chat. I know my role and what I’m supposed to do, I don’t have to talk to anyone if I’m doing my job because I know if I’m doing my job better than any of you why on earth would I want to be your friend? So I can carry you on my back everywhere we go? Get out of here.
    • Like x 4
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Speaking of not being afraid, when someone votes to kick the useless person out of the group please don't stand there and wait for the timer to expire because you're afraid of hurting someone's feelings. If the dummy that queued up as tank refuses to tank, kick him so we can pull in someone useful. Thanks.
    • Like x 9
  9. Apollonia Dedicated Player

A lot of us don't have or want to have kids. Our job is not to parent other people's kids in our free time.
    • Like x 3
  10. Ringz Dedicated Player

Mmmmmmmm. You actually touch on a topic that a friend and I have been discussing alot recently. And If I may.... with all that seems to be going on...

I believe the dcuo team feels the same way as well .
  11. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Especially when they are toxic, btw do you know we're I can get We ally?
  12. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

I'm hoping next batch, we get some real villains like Circe, joker and Harley Quinn.
  13. the solowing Steadfast Player

JTC
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  14. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

LoL I think I click the wrong thread, these phones, do u know how I can get wonder woman ally?
  15. the solowing Steadfast Player

dont quote me, i though she was $5
  16. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Agreed
    I remember once upon a time that mics were a thing and using LFG to build a proper group was a thing.
  17. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

I was looking to buy her, all I saw was the flash and reverse, cyborg.
  18. Jaelia Committed Player

Literally got chewed out for not going to instance chat but people don’t understand sometimes it’s scary going into instance because you never know what people are going to act like or say…to you.
    • Like x 4
  19. Hraesvelg Always Right

By the way, I'm on PC. I'm not turning on in-game sound so I can hear you yell at your kids and eat chips and lick your microphone while I try to explain exactly how wrong you are about how an instance works. If you're running with me, you can join my Discord or pound sand. It's push to talk or nothing, you heathens.

Text is easier to understand, anyway.
    • Like x 10
  20. Ringz Dedicated Player

At the end of the day, your feelings are justified and you have the jurisdiction not to speak at all, if you are uncomfortable. However, be aware that that type of action also adds to the dcuo problem as well. Let me explain.

You do have to think of it from this perspective. There are times when someone who is knowledgeable is explaining the mechanics, would rather explain on mic to everyone listening rather than typing in chat. Majority of times, as long as you are in the correct channel, can hear them, and respond back at least in text saying you understand; they do not mind you not saying a word at all.

Now if the people are toxic or it's a very obnoxious group then you have a lot of tools to combat that - Or just receive the information, respond you heard, then leave away from that channel.

This is an example video of a old pug run I did. This raid was the current endgame raid at the time. Here @6:44 was the only time someone asked everyone to come into the chat ONLY to here him speak of the mechanics (because if I recall someone type they don't know the mechanics). Now people responding back vocally were up to them, but myself I didn't say a single word. I'm participating when the time was needed for everyone to communicate and be cooperative. That boost the group morale. We finished the content and a lot of us respectfully enjoyed each other playtime. We networked and now, whenever someone needed a role to be filled, I or others were a friend invite away.

• Like x 3