Gear boxs really need to show what style is in the box, and if it's collected or not.

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Nimmo, Aug 27, 2021.

1. Nimmo New Player

Especially now with multiple different styles dropping during runs, if it doesnt show if ive collected it or not i can't really make a real choice. i just have to guess which one i have, and it's annoying.

Gear boxes that drop really need to show the style, and if it's collected or not.
    • Like x 16
  2. ThePanda Active Player

When you open a box,it tells you what is inside of it, got what is inside? Note it down so you don't pick that choice again. Makes things easier if you categorize by Common (green), Uncommon (blue), and Iconic (purple) so not searching a very long list. #Notepadisinfinite
    • Like x 1
  3. TheDrone Well-Known Player

Well, there's no reason that I can come up with that they don't just rename the boxes. It would make things so much easier.

Ex: Hunter's Box is Retribution style. Just change it from Hunter's Box to Retribution Box.

While that wouldn't tell you if you have the style, it would make it so that you don't have to keep track of the style name AND the gear box name. Honestly, I have no idea why they went with the mismatching names method in the first place. It makes absolutely no sense. It just means that they had to come up with two things to call each gear set. Why double your workload? They even do it with vendor gear. The Pyromaniac style didn't need to be called Thermal gear. It just makes no sense to do this. Unless they actually want us to keep spreadsheets and think that's what we want to do.
    • Like x 3
  4. fm0987 Committed Player

Yeah I never understood why you can’t see the styles til after claiming it
    • Like x 3
  5. ThePanda Active Player

Hunter's Box is Huntress' style set, she seeks Retribution.. Amphibious Box.. Sounds fish related, Son of Manta is inside.
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I've said this 10 times....maybe 11 is a charm.

At least if they are not going to make it show, for Zod's sake, make a list somewhere. I'd rather have to look it up each time I don't know than open the box to find out. I was making a list before, and hitting all the old content to figure it out, but now that hitting old content will take a lot longer, and some loot tables have been shuffled I'm not sure it's worth the effort.

It seems like it would be easy enough to add 'Kryptonian' to the 'Commemorative Harness' style or whatever. Not green or yellow to let you know if you have it or not....we can look that up quickly....but let us know what the real style is vs the fancy name.
    • Like x 4
  7. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

That's what the Wiki Guide used to be for! But it's not being kept nearly up to date enough, especially in regards to how one obtains the different weapon styles.
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Well the point is kind of moot (although...for weapon styles...I suppose so) now that the boxes are pre-opened. Personally I'd rather have had the names exposed or added to the unattuned boxes and still had the option to sit on them, but as most anyone I care about styles on (non-farmers) are over the 305 current limit for gear, it doesn't really matter much. I don't level low toons anymore, I hardly play them even, so the 'fix' is fine.