This new update is a nightmare (clamping)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Civil, Aug 26, 2021.

1. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

I'll dm you :)
  2. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

I've never been on board with the selling of an account, but it might make sense to some. It's a thing. It never occured to me to sell my account name and password that may or may not provide access to my past credit card information or something shady with giving away your account for money. Nope. Not a thing I'd do. When i left a game, I saw it as having no value. With or without my account active.

I suppose it's of value to someone, like bitcoin or someone at a table playing Monopoly might want Monopoly money handed to them.
  3. Noxious Flora Well-Known Player

That part. That part there 10000%! This game does a terribly non existent job of teaching players much of anything. At all. Unless there's been changes I'm unaware of, "press triangle to win" is the actual experience of level 1 to 30 for a lot of players. Never are they walked through some of the most basic of the games mechanics nor required to engage with them in any meaningful manner. Never are they pulled aside and told "this is what is expected of you as a (tank / healer / controller) in group content". If I'm not mistaken, when you hit level 10 and unlock the ability to play a power's second role, it's only mentioned in an email from oracle (calculator for villains?) that in many cases, probably goes unread outside of grabbing the attached ring(if they even bother to do that).

Remember when pot'ing was a thing a controller had to press a specific power to do? Remember everyone running out of power (including the controller) be cause he or she didn't use said power? Remember when the healer would then be blamed who would in turn (properly might I add), blame the troll? Remember explaining to them what a pot is and how to do it? Remember standing around waiting for them to find the power and slot it onto the action bar? Remember that not being an enjoyable way to spend your time? Remember running into stuff like that time and again? Remember deciding it's just better for your sanity just just kick those players when you run into them? I suspect we're gonna be going back to that now that'll be more difficult / time-consuming to carry them.
    • Like x 1
  4. the solowing Steadfast Player

[IMG]
  5. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

After what happened when CR relevancy was implemented. Shoot.......
    To make these guys understand pain.
    The devs should take all of their marks and give them zero anything for old content.
  6. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

No reason to DM me. I will not believe you. I have your quotes from before. Being honest is not your strong suit.
  7. the solowing Steadfast Player

Let me see someone DARE ask for rewards in a un-clamped option...
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  8. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Yep, punishing your customers like a vindictive authoritarian is always a winning strategy.
    • Like x 1
  9. Noxious Flora Well-Known Player

Done.
    I think we should be given EXTRA marks for running it unclamped.
    • Like x 2
  10. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

What these guys do not understand is what CR RELEVANCY, CR differential and AM's did to the game.
  11. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

See, if you would have been here. You would know what I was talking about. That did happen and thats why pc server died.

Players lost tens to hundreds of thousands of MoT.
    10,000 to 100,000's
  12. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Oh gurl.

AMs were definitely a mistake although I did enjoy that brief window of ice being OP. The Gust spam cheese was too real.
  13. the solowing Steadfast Player

[IMG]
  14. DCLegend83 Level 30

This clamping is a nightmare.
    so many inexperienced players, it is just not do able.
    you try and explain and advice them on what to do and then they wish you die of cancer, and now with the stat clamping doing old content has become even more of unappealing task.

first attempt FOS2, my god was it stressful. all me, tank and one other player was doing was just picking people up. eventually had to replace a few player then we got it done by the skin of my teeth.

PZ oh my days. after 5 attempts reset kicked in and I just gave up on the team. 3 dps and a heal.

I can say officially I am skipping this Episode.
    • Like x 1
  15. Civil Well-Known Player

they got no charts but influx of new players. That is it. and ik it was done in the past, and you remember why it happened?
  16. the solowing Steadfast Player

You know what happens when you give people the ability to do what they want without moderation? It looks like Overwatch, no hero limit (imagine 6 Bastions).

To give the game more structure, they limited removed the ability to have duplicate heroes, but that didn't quite solve the issue because people would just go 5 DPS Comps

Then they tried adding in more structure (or what you call it, authoritarianism) by adding in a 2 Tanks 2 Heals and 2 Support Comps as default.

And yet still youll typically have 1 tank doing his job, and the other one goofing off and queue times for dps are bad.

So when Overwatch 2 launches, their wont be 2 tanks anymore itll just be 1 Tank 2 healer 2 dps.
  17. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

Do you seriously think they didnt look at who was goin where?
    They know the exact number of each power and what levels all players are, feats you name it and you can say that with a straight face. WOW
  18. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

I don't know or care about Overwatch.
  19. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

20. the solowing Steadfast Player

You see me as a Authoritarian and i see you as an Anarchist (videogame logic-wise) here in DCUO. xD