Old & Boring Content Still Old & Boring

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sgt. Rock, Aug 26, 2021.

1. Sgt. Rock Active Player

Me & my league have already grinded the old content (for years) into oblivion. It was a more of a challenge back then..Now it’s just mind numbingly tedious & boring Not challenging, engaging or the least bit fun. It’s a task. I’d make better use of my time doing my laundry or clipping my toenails, at least then I’ll be rewarded for my time.

OmNiBUS is a Fail

#dcuoautosubdisabled
    • Like x 20
  2. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I think it's the content that was chosen FOS 2 is terrible it's never been fun and it's way too long . I'm definitely not looking forward to Inner for the Batman one or Throne for the Wonder Woman one.
    • Like x 5
  3. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

FOS2 best raid in game. Opinions can difer ;)
    • Like x 7
  4. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Thrn dont special make a group and Q up an get in where most dont know what to do :)
    Not devs fault ur stacking a team to make it easy then cryin cause its easy. Thats a “you” prob not a “them” prob
    • Like x 1
  5. Sgt. Rock Active Player

Don’t get your point, stat clamping is not the problem. My group is not the problem. It’s the content that is years old & players being forced to run old boring content to get source marks. Rehashing old boring content isn’t a fun it’s boring & it makes the devs look lazy. Get it?
    • Like x 5
  6. the solowing Steadfast Player

They are breaking away from their usual forumla and trying something new.
    • Like x 4
  7. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Your claiming its boring and too easy because your select group was able to beat it easy. Im suggesting an alternative to makeing a special group you know will boringly blitz through is all :)
    • Like x 1
  8. Sgt. Rock Active Player

Ok, I will explain on, saying the old content being not challenging doesn’t mean it’s too easy or too hard, that’s not my point. Not challenging means old rehashed & boring.

My point is.the majority of the existing ( or exiting) playerbase have No Desire to re run old content because we have already run & beat all of this old content years ago, we grinded it into oblivion., that’s how the game worked....so now why in the world would we want to re run any of it? We don’t because we already conquered it ad naseum the first it was released. Now it’s just old & boring & makes the devs look lazy for rehashing old content for game currency (source marks) Get it now?
    • Like x 6
  9. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Lol you may have rephrased but i wont. You say not challenging so i say put away your pre-made group of players you know can do it an know the mechanics and Q up.
    Prob solved lol now its challenging again :)
    Either way, i get your point about you personally not wanting to re-run the only raids the game ever made that were good. Thats fine but to claim the majority dont want to? You speak for everyone then? I will need data on this. You are 1 person and speak for just that 1 person and that aint the majority sorry
    • Like x 5
  10. Sgt. Rock Active Player

Hallelujah you finally got my point. Years of grinding & conquering dlcs now having to run & conquer themall over again?

No thx, great job devs!!!

Yeah look at the forum & you’ll see most existing (or exiting) players posting Do Not have any desire to re run old rehashed content, didn’t want to before being nerfed & now definitely do not wan to after being nerfed. You do you. I honestly hope you have fun running the old content while I would rather go to the dentist.
    • Like x 5
  11. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

And that sorry to say makes up just the smallest fraction of players on the game new and old. Your still speaking for just you. You can say the majority but an anecdotal drop in the bucket is not enough to make the claim that most feel as you do. Not even close.
    I am sorry you dont like the idea of players learning to do mechanics and play the game an learning their rooe and learning to be beneficial to their group and learning to be better players in general.
  12. Sgt. Rock Active Player

Again I know the mechanics, in my sleep, that doesn’t mean I’m a great player only means I’ve already ran the old dlcs , learned the mechanics, years ago, & beat the instances. Now I have no desire to re run rehashed old dlcs, plain & simple it’s rehashed content & lazy devs.

Just look at this forum & you’ll see ALOT of posts hating on the update. Regular existing players not fan boys. Also many long time players I run with feel the same & already left the game or have disabled their sub Auto Renew.
    • Like x 3
  13. Incindius Level 30

You are talking to a brick wall man. In all of my decades of playing MMO's the guy who made the Sgt. Rock account to hide who he really is are dime a dozen in this genre. They aren't here to have fun. they are here to complain and post about how they are canceling their account every time they make a post. Forget about him. Hopefully he follows through with what in my experience is an empty threat to leave. Because the game will be better with players like him gone.
    • Like x 5
  14. Incindius Level 30

New game, New update. Same old "I'm gonna quit!" song.
    • Like x 3
  15. DCUO Addict Committed Player

This is a "your mileage may vary" type of situation. I'm enjoying the heck out of it. :) I hope some of the future rotations of content are enjoyable for you, if they keep this format.

The forums are really, really not representative of the player base. We'll just have to wait to see what happens. Digital Ink will have the analytics and make future design and content decisions based on that.
    • Like x 4
  16. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

If you think the content in dcuo is boring than why play dcuo? The content in general hasn’t really changed. You have raids, alerts, duos, solos, open worlds, and sometimes SM. Outside of solos and dcuo2 you normally group up and try to do X content for Y marks. You use Y marks to buy Z gear. That’s the formula that the game uses. Regardless of Omnibus or not the type of content is the same. What is different is the mechanics in X content you run (mainly in raids). So if you are bored if certain content than do run it. Instead run content you do like. If you’re bored because you already grinded the gear and have everything you want from there then you have to ask yourself an important question. Did you like the content in the game or did you like one shotting and feeling OP? If you liked the content than why are you bored? If you only liked feeling OP than run event and solos. Open worlds missions also give source marks and you can normally finish moped world missions faster than que up anyways.

So if you’re bored than ask yourself why you are bored and what is it you like
    • Like x 1
  17. Sgt. Rock Active Player

Well I’ve played this game since the first week it was released, 10 plus years now. I like MANY have spent a lot of time & $$ playing this game the way it was developed, to grind & grind & grind then grind some more. All this to get my toons more powerful with mods, exobytes, cats, augments, pets, etc, etc.. That all took a loooong time & $$ grinding (at the time) the current dlcs.

Now to force the player base to re run old rehashed dlcs for in game currency, source marks is a game breaker for existing players & it is lazy development. I didn’t even mention getting nerfed, which is also a con, not a pro considering all of the time & $$ players (yes like me & many many more) have spent leveling up their toons. This is a slap in the face to the existing/exiting player base.

Truth is It’s lazy devs rehashing old content, plain & simple, so please don’t make it more complicated. You may like it & good for you, I enjoyed the old dlcs the first 500 times I played through it, now it’s plaaaaayed out & boring.

I’ll miss you too
    • Like x 3
  18. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

The biggest thing I think is just prepare to be reactive to the tentacles. Don't drop all your stuff on them and stand there attacking. Have your trigger finger on your soder and be prepared to roll. Everything else is solved by roles playing their role.
  19. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

You think because we got a new hub it’s a new game? Lol That doesn’t make it a new game. Don’t even consider this episode an episode, it was just a graphics update. There is absolutely no new playable content in game, it’s the same old maps reused and recycle. There is absolutely nothing new in that at all. Have you never received something that is brand new? Probably not, because you clearly don’t know what new is. This is a pathetic way to swipe your problems under the rug
    • Like x 6
  20. Incindius Level 30

I'm saying it's a new game for me. It's a new update. And it's the same old song of people like you that spend all of their time complaining about the game instead of playing it. It's a story as old as the genre.
    • Like x 4