New Episode: House of Legends

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Aug 25, 2021.

1. Adgtheone New Player

The extra button presses are a chore. Can't believe you guys didn't think of a one-time toggle in settings!
    • Like x 3
  2. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

The new queueing UI is atrocious. Very clunky, unresponsive and counterintuitive. I was in many groups that struggled to queue up. A change for the much, much worse.
    • Like x 3
  3. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Yes... yes it was. ;)
    • Like x 2
  4. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

You can still see it from time to time on the Broker.
  5. MEMO2 Level 30

why i need play elite if drop same loot 4 Normal All this time I spend to play elite and u drop me loot LVL 280

Do you think this is what we deserve?

I have to play elite to get Renown and trash gear Why don't you drop something very special 4 elite player ????

u just give us supply loooool came on man like COUe hahahhahah

I think the Europ now was vere hard to play and find ppl

I think it's time for Hero and the viln to play together and can inv him to group And if they can see the chat if hero and They see what

we write
    • Like x 1
  6. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

i thought we were supposed to get the mailing cash back.....
  7. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Are you US PC/PS? If so I might have some. I know I have league hall sized ones but I might have some normal size ones as well in an alternate. If you are on the US PC/PS then message me here.
    • Like x 1
  8. TheYummyness New Player

EU PS|PC is having the best of fun. I expected FOS2 being difficult like back in the day, but I never thought I would experience the same lag as back then.

HOTFIX PLEASE
  9. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

W the mega nerfs, the prestige should be changed. Why am I running old stuff clamped to get 1 prestige. Cmon.
    • Like x 3
  10. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Created a new toon to see the effects of Ep 41's changes. Players get access to the House of Legends at Level 10ish, do the tour, see Cyborg & get an Ally. The Allies mission is brief and does a poor job explaining how Allies work, how to use them, how to fortify them. And this happens long before the Artifacts mission, which does a better job walking players through (a very similar) process. Allies should definitely be introduced later in the levelling process, somewhere after Artifacts. Obviously this is something we could not determine on Test.

Second, there's no point in visiting the House of Legends this early. You only get the tour without the Save the Universe part, which you can't do till Level 30 anyway. So maybe that's when players should first get the House of Legends mission, to include Allies (which you don't even need for Levels 1-30).
    • Like x 2
  11. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

I do have a question. I saw multiple preview videos for iconic weapon styles. Where can I find those? I’d like to check out how those look with my main armory outfits.
  12. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Drops, can 100% confirm Penguin in subway solo can drop his weapon, got 1 this morning
    • Like x 1
  13. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

First day impression; there is a MAJOR PROBLEM.

Players can queue up for Tier 1 Raids at Level / CR 30 such as Power Core. But Raids are no longer a joke (not even Tier 1). The effect of Stat Clamping is that teams must know and play all roles to beat the bosses. The Level 1-30 process does nothing to teach players how to play support roles (and because you don't get all your Power Set's abilities until Level 30, new players really don't even know how to play the Damage role). And obviously the buff up that players get when entering Tier instances is not enough to make up for the lack of skill and knowledge necessary to be successful in multiplayer instances.

Due to all that it's highly likely that senior players (people who have been around long enough to know how to play roles) will just make a group with LFG / Leaguemates / friends for any instance instead of random queueing, so they can ensure they'll be in a group that will get through the instance (that goes for every instance up & down the Tiers). (Which, by the way makes the Quickplay concept irrelevant) That means new players queueing into Tier 1 will end up in groups mostly made of people who don't know what they're doing. Sure maybe 1 or 2 senior players might random queue, but 2 players who know what they're doing won't be enough to get a team through a Raid anymore.

All of this will lead to a lot of frustration in new players, making it very difficult to get through instances, difficult to learn how to play, and very difficult to increase CR.
    • Like x 1
  14. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

You make some great points here. Particularly about tutorials in the 1-30 process.

But it may not be that dire. After all we had to learn when the game first launched. Eventually we mastered the mechanics of raids like FOS2 and Inner Batcave. The design of those early raids actually encouraged communication and teamwork in a way that more recent offerings do not.

Last night I was in FOS2 with two tanks and two healers! Just like old times :)

What you say about vets breaking off may very well happen, but not all and the newer players will figure it out. Hopefully having fun along the way.
    • Like x 1
  15. Boss Dark Side Well-Known Player

All I know is that I had a blast playing the game last night. It's been a while since I've been able to stay that.
    • Like x 2
  16. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

17. ThePanda Active Player

Got Huntress's Crossbow style (For Pistols or Rifle) box and got them off her from the Flashpoint Generals fight against her.
    • Like x 1
  18. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

So they’re drops from specific areas of the game rather than in a vendor. Well frag.
  19. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I think Charon did say he was going to put an iconic weapon vendor in the HoL later.
    • Like x 2
  20. ThePanda Active Player

I didn't seen any in any of the vendors but also can't say it's specific, This is the only place i've fought Huntress, so very well could get them from the Joker Level 5 Instance where Villains fight her. They are not account locked so could trade them over.

It could be like with Scarecrow, Supergirl and others, before where you could get their Epic Drops just at different CRs depending on where you fought them. EX. Scarecrow can drop a level version of his Hat in the level up instance, but if you want into Arkham Asylum you would get a CR 30 version and if you queued up for Arkham Asylum Alert you would get a CR 64 Version of his hat.

Since these are just styles though there wouldn't be a difference between them.
    • Like x 1