Stat clamp is going to ruin DCUO- Please reconsider making this go live

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by JSnaples, Aug 11, 2021.

1. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Sigh.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  2. Dev72 Dedicated Player

You know what....for the sake of following community guidelines....I am leaving this conversation and blocking you. Believe what you want..have a nice day.
    • Like x 1
  3. Apollonia Dedicated Player

[IMG]

Cute.

Now why couldn't we skip ahead to this days ago?
    • Like x 2
  4. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

And that's how people go from civil to some type of " I feel some type of way because of...awe who cares".

I understand the sentiment, I get all the whole " oh it's so hard to get people to run stuff", things that people say.

I personally know that being friendly and having friends will go a very long way.

Nobody wants to help a jerk.

If people are having a tough time to get others to run things with them...

If older or newer, it's probably best to reevaluate.

Sorry not sorry, but...naw the vets whom you speak off that may need marks or will need marks, don't care about any of the things you are trying to say and that is not a matter of attacking you or your belief.

I already said that I wouldn't have any problems and if you want to make like I skipped on along and rushed things or sit back and wait for others to come up with something for me to run when I played
    ..that is a mistake.

I speak from experience not from just randomly queue up things or wanting to run content with a select few people.

I choose strategically what I will do, what we help improve my game base.

That's not spoken with any emotional garbage which may associated to how it sounds.

If going for a feat random queue is the last place that I will put my trust in accomplishing anything.

I'm not a hardcore alt type of person and my whole opinion is that it takes double the amount of time to do 1 thing because of alts.

I say alts because if I completed any DLC, any...that means it really would mean a loss of game time running said completed DLC.

At which point if it is the path of least resistance I will take that path.

Again there is nothing to feel challenged on because I find this whole discussion to be much Ado about nothing.

For those that do leave, good luck, but I'm not sure where you will find a non stat clamped game except for a solo non MMO game and from what I can tell they took it easy on the clamping.

So not sure if serious or not but that's where I stand and you can continue to with the whole this is going to be a low point in DCuo history rant or feedback or whatever that dresses it up to fit the narrative.
    • Like x 1
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'm not sure if you are replying to me or speaking in general. I never said I'd be leaving, or that this will be a low point in DCUO history. All I was saying that some of the people pushing the narrative that all players will benefit and be happy are incorrect. Or that this will be a healthy change for the game people love....we don't know that yet. Some will for sure...maybe they will be the majority. We'll only know after it's out for a bit, which is something I've said for a while now. I can only speak for myself or people I've talked to in game as to how I think things will go.

Some of the pro clamp argument depends a lot on people reacting the proper way to this change. That's an assumption, not a fact. We don't know how everyone will react.
    • Like x 3
  6. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Awe naw, this discussion is mainly on the topic at hand and the narrative is just as the title states.

The victims are not the pro clamped voices, they are those who are against it.

They are not the ones who are feeling as if their personal game play will be harmed in such a manner.

Nobody likes change.

No matter what is done there will be people complaining.

As I stated earlier this could have been averted if players just took the intuitive, there were other things that people felt that would have been effective, wouldn't have changed anything.

We can keep believing that a vet, such as myself would be interested in running outdated, completed content, there are a few.

We can act as if all the newer players don't need any of the old content all we want it will not change the fact that on anyone of their feats list, those feats are still missing and they don't want to run it because it doesn't effect their gear stats or give them source marks so they can go and buy gear that most of the vets already have.

All this is, is a correction for something that anyone who plays any MMO can tell you, that exist.

In other MMO's enemies scale to you, older MMOs have caps but they still scale.

Only in this game does this exist and the reasoning is basically...

"Ain't nobody got time for that".

It would be worse in other games, at least you can...

LFG, shout, or chat in personal chat tabs.

You can queue up, see who is willing to try something different, like possibly making a friend or forming a group and find others, without ever having to jp into a piece of content or walk in to some random area and pray that others join in.

It's the level of toxicity that people observe that makes them weary to even ask for help.

Out of the intimidating nature of our conversations that cause people to go mute instead of voicing their needs out of fear of being humiliated or from witnessing others get rediculed.

Congratulations are in order.

It may shift some focus back to other content, but all the doom and gloom will only be reinforced out of fear, even though it really wouldn't change anything for the most part, it's not like we are getting a new tier of gear for older content outside of what we would get at our current levels if that.
  7. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

The victims have been and still are (clamping hasn't happened yet) newcomers and those that want a traditional experience. They have been dealing with the face rolling madness for over 6 years; lets see those against stat clamping deal with having it for that amount of "time".

Note: Stat Clamping is no where near as oppressive as making DCUO near unplayable within instances and in the way that they are made near unplayable. Worse, the current gameplay loop all but forces players to go back to those instances and/or ones they haven't have yet to experience. Still having content be near unplayable since adds and bosses are face rolled (let alone by players that do not want to face roll). And no, taking off your gear for challenge is an abysmal experience in comparison to needing skill to complete content. For clarity, being "skilled" to get through content as a necessity is very different from when it's an option.

Here we go: Devs, from now on, give all the adds and bosses a handicap at end game and for elites. Tell the player base to take off their gear if they want a challenge. See, at least one argument falls apart when it's applied to endgame. Oh oh, how about the devs add an overpowered Suicide Squad of NPCs that destroys all adds and bosses for every new episode/DLC. Faster than any player can barely react to.

Harley Quinn: "Aww, you want to take down Mista J--WELL SO DO I TOOTS! Step back---and back off because HARLEY IS GOING TO SHOW YOU HOW TO ROLL TONIGHT!". - Let Harley and the rest of the NPC Squad turn new content into a walking simulator.

Do you claim: "Well that's different--that's new content". For new players---every piece of content is new content. however, veterans that want to play those instances again aren't able to say the same but they should be able to still engage heavily within in decades worth of content. Easily I might add--- as easily as players can hop right into most content and blaze on though it despite what anyone wants within the instance. It kind of hurts one of DCUO's marketing strategies when players can go through 10 years worth of instances relatively quickly.

10 years worth of content--what content--oh, you mean those levels players blazed right on through...
    • Like x 2
  8. Proxystar #Perception

Well actually within a clamped environment, everything but gear is where your focus should be, SP, augments, generators, artifacts should be your absolute focus if you want a better and easier experience in early game (clamped) content.

Although I suspect you've had me on ignore here for a while, so probably aren't listening, lol :D

Don't worry if you argue with facts, she eventually just sticks you on ignore ;)
  9. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Uh huh.

I really don't know if your reply was meant for me, so...

With that said.

Relax a little, it's ok, everyone will see your point.

Go back look at all the responses, come back and share how many actually new players are saying something.

It probably will be hard, most who say that they are new are basically returning players.

The others I am going to go ahead and say they new until it's a topic that they are very familiar with, I'm talking content that ain't hardly nobody is running anymore, but like all other content...it got spammed.

Where you said the true underlying victims, right now the people who you were referencing are not saying anything, because the changes benefits them.

Those against the clamping are trying to play the victim.
  10. Dev72 Dedicated Player

Thanks Proxy,

But I have already done that for her. Not worth the time or energy if someone is just going to deflect facts with heinous pretentiousness.
    • Like x 2
  11. Batladin3217 New Player

*Eating Popcorn*
  12. Scarlet Mysty Loyal Player

The only one even remotely worth replying too is reinheld and and even he has been rattled by this subject. Most are just emotional (not being said as an insult!) over such a big change so I largely respect others opinions, ignore the exaggerations and move on. But watching this conversation unfold is like watching one of those cartoons where they keep stepping on the rake and getting hit in the face, except instead of being funny, it’s just cringe.
    • Like x 2
  13. Dev72 Dedicated Player

But, is all of this really that important to get this emotional and rattled over? Really, the worst that may happen is that we get stuck in a old raid or alert for a period of time helping newer players understand mechanics, showing the importance of leveling, while also showing the importance of stats beyond gear. Outside of leveling Allies, there is not any new content that is being released that will require us to farm as in the past DLCs, so what else are we going to do while logged in? Hang out in the WT/HOD/HOL dueling and talking smack?

For those at end game who are not fully caught up, that option (unclamped) remains as well.

We are not going to be forced into running one particular instance over and over, and certainly not forced to running with any particular player over and over. The option will still be there to say "no" if asked to run content. Meanwhile, there are still options of just running duos and solos, to include some alert and raid instances that are not really that mechanic heavy that have been released across the various tiers, all of which will not be loot locked.

Outside of the new toys we get to play with and some extras for being a member....that is pretty much the update in a nutshell.

Is all of that really a call for the type of toxic pretentiousness that has been displayed here on the forums and in game?

In my opinion it really isn't.
    • Like x 1
  14. the solowing Steadfast Player

Actually my position never changed, Proxy's position actually shifted.

15. Scarlet Mysty Loyal Player

Yes in fairness it is. I really don’t think anyone is carrying any baggage in their real lives over this. I still speak passionately and angrily over the changes the ninja storm series made after ninja storm 2. It’s just a game, but it’s also just a forum and just words. You get to decide who’s words you consider are important and who you feel is worth wasting your time on. Nowadays (even though it can be annoying to read) I just see commenters like that as a joke, ignore the people trying to rile you up with useless hyperbole and have the discussion with people who are actually willing to discuss. The sooner you ignore to idiots, the quicker they go away.
  16. Dev72 Dedicated Player

I agree to a point, but the point I am trying to make here is that there isn't a need for the toxic behavior being displayed because of the possibility that someone won't have time to run that extra alt through content, or sit in the WT/HOD/HOL dueling and being a keyboard warrior, simply because they may at worst case scenario be stuck in a bad instance. Hell, that happens now without clamps with endgame players

If anything, running some of the older content (old T-3 and T-4 instances) may welcome in some of the nostalgia of how much fun we were having in instances while trying to level through that piece of content.
  17. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

In all honesty
    I'm getting a delusions of grandeur with a splash of grandiose narcissism vibe from the one you just put on ignore.
    • Like x 2
  18. Dev72 Dedicated Player

You're not the only one, and it was getting more apparent as I was reading her posts, even outside of this thread.
    • Like x 2
  19. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

I have read comments that have complained about face rolling and they were consistent in their responses among one another. Whether they were new or not to DCUO is virtually unknowable without tracking their data and personals (ppl can lie, ppl can lie well and to themselves). That is part of the point with stat clamping by the by; to get players engaged and playing more content whether they are new or old. It's supposed to be transformative for DCUO where the present (status quo) data will become unreliable to discern DCUO's---well... status (at least to players since they don't typically number crunch there way to "truth").

If this works, queue times will be fast and players will have substantially more and convenient access to old content. The gaming loop will be: taking months for new players to get to end game, "finish" endgame then after (or while doing) that go through old content--- collecting a variety of rewards besides feats. Current endgame players will have the option to become more engaged in DCUO and play content they probably haven't played in years (at least completely). As I said in the other post, DCUO has a decades worth of content and it's likely that most players (even 2012 initiates) haven't completed many of them in years (or at all for those that joined the "face rolling" band wagon early).

Bottom Line: Without stat clamping DCUO will remain a game for veterans as it has been for over 6 years. Its status will mostly remain the same in---sets of years---(no dramatic shifts) and continue to slowly burn away (since its prime). DCUO's "future" should be in its old content and provide new and diverse ways players can engage with. New content should be utilized as a "shock to the system" (Static Shock!) for players which refreshes them to plunge into old content again. DCUO has over a decades worth of content and stat clamping helps players engage with it.

Note: If I remember "correctly", Ink does want DCUO around for another decade and at this point, players that have been with any MMO for 20 years is either rare or nonexistent. Present vets will likely wane or disappear in their support to DCUO within the coming years. So Ink and the community will not have the luxury to treat new players as a convenience but as a necessity (which is normally apart of what they're seen as within MMOs).

Side Note: The industry is seemingly preparing and plunging into live and F2P services. Long standing games are what companies want to become the norm in the industry. DCUO is probably the "best" product Ink has and are likely trying to double down on it by preparing for that outcome with the aid of stat clamping and the other "advancements" (e.g. Save the Universe). This MMO started out as one of the only F2P titles on consoles (not sure on PC) and now its going to be within a market oversaturated with them. Genres may not be as relevant (e.g. MMOs) given the convenience of playing them for "free" they may take a step back for service models. This may mean Ink will gain more competition if than they ever had since 2011.
    • Like x 2
  20. the solowing Steadfast Player

Its their sheer arrogance and "i know more and better then you" superiority complex
    • Like x 2