Test Discussion Episode 41: Pet Vendor and Iconic Weapon Styles

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Charon, Aug 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dstdnt Source Wall Promethean Editor-in-Chief

I have 5 minor questions/requests if that would be okay.
    1. Would it be possible to make the Hawkgirl mace a Two-Handed weapon too, and a Hawkman's have a Dual Wield option too, or would those also require new art to adjust lengths?
    2. Could we possibly see the Future Joker-inspired Clown Prince Bat-Buster Bazooka backpiece be turned into a rifle style (possibly for the Anniversary event if not now, and maybe the Enhanced version too?)
    3. Would it be possible to get a dual wield option for Damian's Katana in 1 hand & Batarang in the other hand?
    4. If there happens to be any sword that might fit this, could we also get a crowbar & sword option, based off Red Hood's current look in the comics? [IMG]
    5. For the Gotham Knight back piece escrima sticks, is there anyway we could potentially get them as battle reactive? Would be amazing to get a light up effect when in combat (hopefully tintable), and if there could be some minor electricity effects attached to that too, (similar to the Speed-Force Spectrum suit effect/Speed Force Conduit accessory)
    [IMG][IMG]
    • Like x 1
  2. Zamara Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  3. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Speaking of lengthening, would making a few of the swords while duel wielding a bit longer be an arduous task? Duel Wield styles that were added to the game post initial launch have always been a lot shorter than the styles that launched with the game. I found that odd and the weapons look more toy like in the character's hands opposed to threatening(This is also because the larger body heights were added post launch too).
  4. Dstdnt Source Wall Promethean Editor-in-Chief

Sorry for another quote, just remembered one more suggestion if possible, a Green Arrow Bow but with a Punching Glove at the end of the arrow, if that could also potentially be a variant style? Also thank you & the developer team for all the great styles added so far and the work done throughout the game and especially with this upcoming Episode/update!
    • Like x 1
  5. Charon Lead Content Designer

Almost, if not everything listed her requires new art of lengthening of assets. None of which can be done for this EP41 and still will take time to do as other Art needs take precedent with the holidays and future episodes coming up.

You can ask for art you see in game and I can try to make those happen (butcher knives, dual daggers like Black Manta uses, etc) and I can attempt to get those on Lady Shiva in future updates. She likes to sell things that hurt people..

Easier asks ARE lengthening things or taking back items and converting them to weapons, IF the art for those were made in such a way that they can be easily converted (sometimes they aren't). Any special projectiles like batarangs, special arrows, etc. are trickier in some cases due to it being within an ability and it's not trivial to grant custom abilities FX based on what weapon mesh you have equipped.

Even the easier asks take time away from Art so the may be at best secondary tasks if they find themselves with free time but the schedule is packed the rest of the year. Lots of fun stuff coming down the pipeline.
    • Like x 3
  6. Ryazan Dedicated Player

How about the colored source shards each mid-boss in the Wonderverse solo uses when they do their elemental AoE attack?
  7. Charon Lead Content Designer

Anything with custom FX would have to be a trinket. If you're talking about the shards they have on their bodies, that could conceivably be turned into an accessory or an aura.
  8. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Thx :)
  9. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Is it possible to get "Starheart Sword" as a Dual Wield?
  10. Charon Lead Content Designer

I did try them and it looks a bit silly - they were huge. Bigger than any current DW item. I can add it back in easily enough. lol data and client is already set up.
    • Like x 1
  11. Rejchadar Inquisitor

It would be great, for me personally, this is one of the best swords ... I was delighted when I found out that it would be added ... but not seeing it as a pair of swords ... I almost burst into tears (of course, lying about sobs, but I was hoping on twin swords;)
  12. Ryazan Dedicated Player

I meant when they hold the shards like a DW weapon.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  13. Charon Lead Content Designer

Interesting. I'll look into it. That could just be FX or maybe a real mesh. Will see.
    • Like x 2
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

While we’re on the subject of weird npc weapons, there’s something I wanted to ask you. There’s a few npcs that use brawling attacks, but they have martial arts weapons styles. For example, the Psi-Ops Officers, they’re using brawling attacks but they whip out the Martial Arts claws from the Gadgets market place weapons set.

Is this something we could get for players? I’d love to be able to pull out some brass knuckles or something in combat but retain my hand style while doing so.
  15. Sammy Well-Known Player

please add duel wield starheart TOO!
    • Like x 1
  16. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I dont know if this has already been requested or if its already on test, but do these iconic weapons have feats attached to them? If not already, i would highly recommend of doing so just for the sake of more intend to play diverse content.

I hope thats not too much work and if they could get a sub-section in the style section of the feat menu, it would be even better.
    • Like x 1
  17. Charon Lead Content Designer

I had intended to have collect X iconic weapons nesting feats. Apparently we need a piece of new tech to track that. The new tech will be out post 41 and will be making those feats. Any weapons previously obtained will count towards that feat.
    • Like x 7
  18. Jaden Law Well-Known Player

Please add base items vendor if it's possible or at least increase drop rate for base items. It's very, VERY annoying to farm some base items that you need in big amount, especially from 15-26 episodes.
    • Like x 3
  19. Eve YouTuber

I really tried to promote the idea of a Base Items vendor :( I really hope it will be possible.
    • Like x 3
  20. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Ooo! Ooo! Ooo!

Add the Pile of Gold Coins base item! I need about 100 + more of those!

Oceans knows why. She seen it last year during ExtraLife! :D

https://dcuniverseonline.fandom.com/wiki/Pile_of_Gold_Coins
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.