Test Discussion Episode 41: Early End Game

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Quixotic, Aug 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inferno Loyal Player

Honestly, people won't like my answer to this. If you look at my previous post, the lexcorp tower was a substantial experience between an upscaled toon cr 64 toon and a stat-clamped cr 339 toon. If you want that end-game players to have that "powerful" but can be knocked out, I'd say give them the stats of cr 238 (this is the cr into which my cr 64 toon was upscaled into) The lower health, might and precision stats combined with a weaker critical damage/chance gives the solo quite a deadly kick but it was still an easier experience than what it was originally at live.

All the Devs can do at this point is change a few stats here and there on content and the stats of the toons as we enter. They can't afford to change any of the mechanics of these instances. Too much work and these types of changes can be done slowly over time.
    • Like x 4
  2. Mr.W Committed Player

I haven't had a chance to run lexcorp on test yet & won't be able to until later tomorrow. Have they lowered the cr of the enemies in the lexcorp solo?

We're supposed to be 10cr above them & on live their 304.
  3. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Bug?
    The following are not working (can't use/pick) for my character (339 cr), it was created after this update:
    - FOS: The Chasm, Power Core and Sunstone Matrix walk-in teleporters
    - Gotham Wastelands Dailies and Raven Bounty
  4. inferno Loyal Player

cr 63 Grim; Source Shard; Quislet all at 120 rank; no base mods, no augments 56 SP

health 11467
    power 3133
    def 2442
    might 3704
    resto - 960
    vit - 3548
    prec 1777
    weapon rating 2358
    crit weapon damage 45%
    crit weapon chance 15%
    crit ability damage 45%
    crit ability chance 15%

BOOSTED CR 238 STAT:
    health 50533
    power 34468
    def 17830
    might 23433
    resto 7132
    vit 6157
    prec 12431

I was lucky to find 3 other players to finally get some Alerts.
    I chose these 2 alerts which are more towards the end CR and we can still all remember the level of difficulty if we
    entered this slightly above the minimum CR;

Group members: sorcery dps CR 238; Munitions dps CR 268, Celestial healer CR 268 and Quantum troll CR 268.

The other 3 members are equipped with fully ranked artifacts and specced 380+SP;
    From the game experience the others were experienced players and were fully aware of the mechanics of each instance.
    I was boosted to CR 238

Batcave Breach

First, we got booted in the 3/4 of the Bane fight.
    The first boss fight in the garage felt long and dragged but at no time was any of our health in danger. Yes, we had a good healer, but it seems to me he wasn't being taxed.
    If it helps: it wasn't boring but it wasn't hard. Does that make sense?
    Then we go into the Bane fight and all I can say is "this boss is weaker than the first one." His health went down quick. Much quicker than I remembered;
    If we hadn't DC'ed the whole fight probably would have ended in around a minute or so. I really wanted to ask the healer how he felt with his Power Usage; if he felt, at any time, to spam powers.
    I think if the group was 3 DPS and a Healer, it would have been quicker with a little more pressure on the Healer. Because I feel that the alert still necessitated a support role in the group...

Content difficulty level: 6

Volcano Mining Facility.

The first Boss was a breeze; no challenge at all. I would almost say 2 Mini-bosses.
    Amazo - Maybe because it was so laggy when it first came out that added levels of difficulty. This fight is definitely easier than what it was before. The troll got left out. The result:
    I would see Top Dps health dip around 45% once in a while but not alarmingly so. I think the healer might have needed a little bit more power but again he pulled through excellently.
    The last fight with Luthor, I would give it a minus point. I'm factoring in that all group members knew what to do, a great healer for the groups survivability but this is just so much easier
    than Live right now. Some of my league mates recently played this in Live content for the first time. They had over 5 wipes; 3 were above 330 and 1 was at content level CR.

Content difficulty level: 6

I would suppose, in the end, this is an appropriate difficulty range for all old content. It makes instances easy to do, enough of a challenge but you can't just go in and expect to ignore the mechanics of the content.
    But in the end, it feels that feats can be easily done if the group had all roles; maybe even sacrifice one to the DPS role.

P.S. I also wanted to add that the ratio damage between a CR 238(upscaled) dps and a CR268(clamped) toon remained as I have observed in the past instances. A ratio of around 3:5. Meaning that I did not feel that my low toon was carried through the content.
    • Like x 3
  5. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I just thought about adaptive augments and their impact in outdated content. Since they are able to increase your stats by 6-8% its a pretty big chunk of stats thats not being tested, unless someone actually uses those - wich i doubt.

If you always want the most out of your stats, its necessary to change them at the start of many, many instances. I've seen a thread some time ago about streamling these by auto-equipping for associated content. I didnt care back then as much, but now it seems like a good or almost necessary feature for the future.
  6. willflynne 10000 Post Club

CR 210 Electric Damage using Handblasters, 278 SP spent.
    Artifacts: Tetrahedron 129
    Omegahedron 123
    Legionnaire's AI 136

(go ahead and laugh LOL)

Ran:
    • Mannheim's Chinese Theater-run took about 2:56 seconds, about what I've been seeing in runs
    • Spark of Parallax-took 6:25 with taking on all spawns that appear between the boss fights. First time running so no previous times to compare with
    • Last Son of Krypton-took 3:31 seconds, one of the faster runs I've had in that instance.
    Also tried running Oa Under Siege, and everything went fine until the last part with returning to the Central Power Battery. Used the elevator/teleporter to the second floor but Munk would not follow. Forgot to bug report it ingame, my apologies.

Overall opponents felt pretty squishy and I was never really in fear of needing to resort to Soders or Healing Barrels.
    • Like x 3
  7. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Thank you for your testing and for a good laugh lol lol when I saw your arts and the levels that's the first thing I did was laugh lol it's definitely funny but again thank you, thank you bud for testing everything helps the devs out.
  8. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Yeah, kinda figured some would get a chuckle out of that. :D

I've always had a tendency to underplay my characters, and I've never been one to chase the meta too often. My goal on setting up my test character was to get it as close as possible to how I run on live and see how things sat with content I'm very familiar with.

So yes, that's VERY close to that character's liver server counterpart. LOL Fun thing is, I survive just fine on live playing the content I play and I seem to be doing the same (if not a little better) on test.
    • Like x 1
  9. Cerulean Osprey Well-Known Player

Is the reason for Upscaling because the Tiers have been reconfigured into 6 tiers, and it's easier to upscale people than it is to reconfigure all the instances?
  10. inferno Loyal Player

CR 32
    Artifacts: Page of Destiny, purple healing ray, strategist. all at 120
    50 sp, no augments, no base mods. I do have the bottom row on base affinity fully activated.
    Power: Electric.
    STATS
    health 6634
    power 6789
    defense 1766
    might 1677
    resto 1843
    vit 3994
    prec 877
    dom 127
    crit heal mag 45%
    crit heal chance 25%

I was very lucky to get 3 helpful players to run 2 alerts with me 342,340 and340.
    They were all fully specced in SP, augments, artifacts and base affinity.
    The group makeup for both runs: 2 dps(83 clamped), troll(83 clamped) and I healed at cr 60.

LEAGUE OF ASSASSINS

I decided to run this as healer and try out what it feels to be support.
    Honestly, 90% of the fight, I don't think their health dipped below 75%.
    This is on a simple rotation of shield(flux), HoT(galvanize), and below 45% burst heal(Biocapacitor).
    I didn't feel the need for a group heal, or priority heal. The most damage received was in the 2nd boss fight with Lying Claw.
    I asked the Troll of his experience and he felt the same, just going through the motions.

Run time: 11:21
    Content difficulty level: 5

OAN SCIENCE CELLS
    Remembering the Lying Claw fight, I asked the other players to ignore mechanics and see what would happen. I was particularly curious about the Vice fight.
    Thankfully, they did just that and all I can say: DON'T ignore mechanics, lol; Unless you are running with a healer.
    The only time when I had to use everything I can as a healer(including my SC) but not my soder. That was enough time for the DPS to burn him down.

Run Time: 10:16
    Content difficulty level: 5
  11. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

Role: Tank
    Sp: 400 (100 Dom, 275 health)
    Artis:
    Manacles 80
    Seven 80
    Prototype 80

I had somewhat of a enjoyable experience, however I believe there is still some tunning to be done.
    I think the bounties tested should be slightly more squishy(lower defense) and be slightly more threatening (deal more damage).
    Has it is, a group of 3-4 players would take forever to kill the bounties.

Currently this bounties can be easily completed with just one support role(tank or heal), but can't be soloed and thats fine.
    I also tested the stats buff in case my cr was lower then intend and I didn't had any problems whatsoever.
    On last attempt, I just spammed my weakest shield in hopes of seeing it break, but most of the time it did not.
  12. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Most content feel much better to play right now at 339 cr with the adjustments, but I still think bounties are a little bit too much. They reward few marks for the group effort, don't have unlimited loot locks and there are too many of them to consistently find proper groups if you want to farm feats and/or alts. I suggest decreasing the defense so most bounties can be done with <4 people that are maxed cr without taking too long.
    • Like x 3
  13. Boss Dark Side Well-Known Player

With all the hoopla, decided to do some testing this episode. Originally, it was stated that with the update, we would still feel OP without being able to one shot everything. That seems to have been achieved, at least from my perspective. While not being able to one shot is a factual statement, "feeling OP" is really a matter of perspective. But I felt old content was still easy and perhaps a bit more enjoyable because I actually got to throw more than one attack at a bad guy.
    • Like x 2
  14. inferno Loyal Player

For those wondering what happens to your stats if you enter a clamped instance.
    Here's a small sampling in one instance: Monarch playing card.
    It's a lot of numbers but I hope it will help. On CR 103,
    I even switched out different levels of artifacts to show their effects on your stats.

One other thing as you will notice:
    It won't matter how much above you are CR 83, once you enter the instance you should finish it at the same time.
    The reason for this is that the damage you are achieving on the npcs and boss is just too high. You just can't kill them any faster.
    The only way to cut the runtime is perhaps putting on shields to try to bypass the group of ads or
    dragging them all in one spot and kill them all in one quick rotation.

THIS TOON DOES NOT CONTAIN ANY AUGMENTS OR BASE MODS.

CR 32 ART@ 80 SP 45 RUNTIME 5:09
    trouble with power but no soder use
    health 5854
    power 3048
    def 2360
    might 2422
    resto 943
    vit 637
    prec 1271
    weapon dps 455
    weapon rate 2245

CR 103 ART 80 SP 154 RUNTIME 4:03
    health 7080
    power 3666
    def 3015
    might 3363
    resto 1200
    vit 885
    prec 1574
    weapon 598
    weapon rating 2890

*CR 103 ART 120
    health 7339
    power 3666
    def 3015
    Might 3468
    resto 1200
    vit 885
    prec 1627

*CR 103 ART @160
    health 7707
    power 3666
    def 3015
    might 3600
    resto 1200
    vit 885
    precision 1694

*CR 103 ART @200
    health 7934
    power 3666
    def 3015
    might 3721
    resto 1200
    vit 885
    prec 1751

CR 210 ART @120 SP 254 RUNTIME: 4:06
    health 7339
    power 3816
    def 3015
    might 3556
    resto 1200
    vit 842
    prec 1627
    weapon dps 598
    weaponization 2989

CR 338 ART @ 200 SP 380 RUNTIME 4:06

health 7934
    power 4530
    def 3015
    might 4028
    resto 1200
    vit 748
    preci 12831
    weapon 615
    weapon rating 3480

Keep in mind that this is a SOLO, so you can only do so much in damage. I think the changes in stats as you have higher SP, Artifacts, augments and allies as you enter alerts and raids will create a much different experience if you were to enter with its lower-valued counterparts.
    • Like x 1
  15. abdul qayyum New Player

Hi Quixotic, can you make all Open World missions loot locks last for 1 day?
  16. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

Interesting
    Did something change?
    Are you wanting loot locks?
    I was under the impression the loot locks were removed.
    "Loot lockouts will be entirely removed from not-end-game content. Mic drop. Panderus out"
    • Like x 1
  17. abdul qayyum New Player

loot locks will be remove on instance, not open world. i suspect the reason is the devs wants us to queue more often.
  18. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

sooooo it did change. Open world bosses were made easier right. I'm assuming that the loot locks are still there because they can still be soloed. You can thank you fellow testers that complained for that. If you want loot locks removed. You should be asking for harder scaled open world. The way I understand it. Originally the bosses were going to need groups like when they were new but there was much belly aching. Yuup it sucks when a couple apples can spoil a whole bunch.
  19. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

IMO all bosses should take
    four players ( DPS, Tank, Controller & healer or at the very least two players one being a tank, healer or controller) to encourage grouping and roles in open world.
  20. abdul qayyum New Player

sorry, i mean devs want us to play instances more.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.