DCUO remastered, bad idea for Lucas and this game.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by AJPro, Aug 10, 2021.

1. AJPro Committed Player

Stats clamp, this new DLC.
    Feels like back in the day remastering of star wars. All that work and it was not a “new” movie and in some cases ruined aspects of their innovations and creativity of a shoestring budget and old tech.
    DCUO
    to make old tired content relevant makes elite versions…same old tired raid but now you can die and TAKE longer…
    stat clamps so now tired old content TAKES longer….no source marks in new content…so now you have to run tired old content….
    DCUO it seems like a vocal minority wants this.
    It was easy peasy to make people run old content. Stat clamping in raid cues like seasonal, leave everything else alone, MAKE walk-in portals for everything, and do the source marks thing.
    That way the people that the content is new can cue and run with the stat clamped experience.
    For the veterans, they can do fun stuff like solo a raid or try to do a duo in 3 min….stuff that is cathartic and fun.
    NOT taking huge amounts of time in crappy old content.
    Like if Star Wars had just rereleased the movies and made the film digitally clearer and all three movies for the price of one…instead a paying new movie prices to see a stupid death star effect.
    DCUO, clearly the vocal minority has your ear and you think it is a good idea to make tired old content relevant by keeping the time frames and experiences the same and adding changes that take into account new pets and stuff.
    I for one can not sit through wiping and 30 minutes of FOS2….
    instead of nostalgia stat clamping gives me PTSD of when we had to wipe a million times and spend hours on a new raid.
    Take care
    AJ Pro-Diecast
    • Like x 9
  2. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Lol I like this analogy :D
  3. EconoKnight XIII Legion

[IMG]
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’m sure this thread is somehow my fault too.
    • Like x 5
  5. Proxystar #Perception

Now that you mention it... :p
    • Like x 4
  6. the solowing Steadfast Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  7. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Didn’t you hear? I expressed sympathy for the people worried they won’t be able to do old elite content, and now I’m the poster child for the whole movement. :D
    • Like x 1
  8. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Awww... c"mon man.... you're not the poster child..... that is crazy talk.

You are the Leader.... and everyont will follow you through the gates of Hell..... or Mordor.... whichever you prefer.
    Me swear. ;)
    • Like x 1
  9. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Using what is arguably one of the more whiny (and speaking personally, annoying as all get-out) complaints about the special edition versions of the Original Trilogy to complain about stat clamping and their content approach to the new episode?

Yeah, kind of a stretch to me.

I've been hitting test on a decent basis, been checking things out and testing the stuff I'm most familiar with. Last night alone I hit these instances with the following results:
    • Mannheim's Chinese Theater, finished in under 3 minutes.
    • Last Son of Krypton, finished in under 4 minutes, quicker than what I see on a comparable character on live
    • Gotham University Warehouse, about 16 minutes mainly because it's a long instance with a lot of fights to begin with. But everything melted in pretty short order, including the 8-9 phase fight against Catwoman
    • Walk-in for Tunnel of Lust solo run, about 17 minutes. Was something I did pretty regularly when I was at that CR and slightly overgeared (usually had the chest, legs and weapon from the Oa vendor) and while the boss fights took a little while I never had to resort to Soders or healing barrels as I did in the past.
    I even hit one of the Lightning Strikes Central City missions (take out Reapers, close portals mission) and the only thing that made that mission drag was not getting the drops needed off of every Reaper to finish out the first part of that mission.

So far I'm not seeing an issue, and my test character is pretty close to a live character who isn't maxed out on CR, SP, Artifacts or any of the other extra goodies that are available in the game. So it's not tough for me to imagine a competent, fully geared group of players not having any issues with going back into the clamped content, especially if they can pay attention to the prompts or remember the mechanics of the instance.
    • Like x 6
  10. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

So I’m guessing 2-3 threads about this will pop daily? You know you could just post this in one of the many other ones out there?

If you think you are being clamped to much get on test and give feedback. If you don’t want to test than to bad those who are testing will be in control of how hard or easy things will be. The devs are actually taking feedback. So if things end up being ti hard for you than you can only blame yourself for not providing testing and feedback.

From what I experienced the clamp isn’t even that bad. But people are crying all over without even testing it. Since you like analogies, it’s like a kid buff told to eat something new. The kid starts to cry and whine saying they hate it without actually trying it. The parents end up forcing the kid to try it. End with either the kid realizing it’s not that bad. Or they let their emotions linger and will say they hate it even thou they don’t actually hate or love it and are actually neutral.
    • Like x 5
  11. Ringz Dedicated Player

Lol, so this is what we're doing now..

You folks against dcuo trying to improve the game are really showing your true colors ya know.
  12. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

You do realize that not everyone agrees that the Clamp will improve the game??

Heck some might think that it might actually hurt the game.... maybe even kill the game if enough people hate the Clamp and decide to leave.

So we could as much say...
    You folks pro stat clamp are trying to kill the game... you are really showing your true colors ya know.

See how easy that is?
    • Like x 6
  13. HooLeeCow Well-Known Player

Devs read coments in other social-media becouse on this forum Big Brother put to much censorship ;) as far what i saw most people dosnt like this " remaster " . No wonder why maybe they tired of doing same content over and over again in my opinion its gona be fun for 2-3 weeks then people get bored and week after people gona be angry becouse in 3weeks they didnt get half amount of source marks to buy what they want. Whales ofcourse gona buy source marks from MP but other gona cry and farm more or quit becouse this game gona be like 2nd job no fun at all.
    • Like x 1
  14. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

How about people stop with the useless complaint threads, hop on over to the Test Server and help the Devs get this right...or at the least see things for yourselves instead of complaining about the idea of the stat clamp. Complaining about theoretical stuff instead of factual information is the height of ignorance. If this does turn out to be a idea, your words will carry more weight if you've actually experienced things as opposed to just reading about it and spouting off.
    • Like x 5
  15. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i cant agree more.
    Did some old stuff today on test and all these threads seem to be just made by players that want to solo everyting and didnt even go on the test server themself...
    • Like x 4
  16. BanesRampage Well-Known Player

Why is it always the small minority people on the forums that the devs listen to I can tell you 90% of peeps in game hate the idea and now it’s even more of a boring grind fest
    • Like x 4
  17. Ringz Dedicated Player

Well thankfully I come from the standpoint that just because everybody have an opinion doesn't mean its not a dumb opinion. The devs obviously don't have to follow my process and sure to include everyone feedback. I come from logistics as to why a system like this is necessary VS those against have been using alot of "my feelings... My Feelings...... MY FEELINGS".

Now how Dcuo implement this from final version to live is entirely on them. However, a stat clamping system has been shown from today successful MMOs to work and promote good health for the community both endgame and beginners.

Now if players still decide to hold grudge and go out of their way to avoid participating in this post update then thats on you. Anybody shoes can be replaced.
    • Like x 2
  18. EvilDeeds Active Player

This 100%
    • Like x 1
  19. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The only part i kinda agree with is the "remastered" content like PZE or FOS2.
    To make that enjoyable there needs to be some more extensive new mechanics. But the Devs already announced that its just filler in order to push this update and they were upfront about it so there is nothing we can complain about if the update turns out worth while.

Its free content that nobody has to pay for and there are not even feats tied to it (at least to these specific instances).
    • Like x 1
  20. Ringz Dedicated Player

Im curious on your statement here. Correct me if im wrong please.

So from your research, 90% of peeps in game hate this idea(which entails they are against stat clamping) because it will become an even more boring grind fest.

But the update is to help open up more content to be included in your daily play, instead of the limited play you can only q for on live for your endgame progression??
    • Like x 1