Test Discussion Introducing the Allies System

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Falagon, Aug 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GameOnGabeYT Well-Known Player

You mean the duo in which they basically do nothing..
  2. Magnificent Loyal Player

Aside from Tanking (in both versions) or healing (the regular version)?

I mean... you know they do that. Right?
  3. GameOnGabeYT Well-Known Player

Getting back on topic
    Is it possible we see more ally’s come out and instead of damage Grant a buff to the group?
  4. GameOnGabeYT Well-Known Player

I wouldn’t know about that I normally burn through that duo while cyborg a mile behind walking.. again I don’t know any good players invested in their effectiveness worried about cyborg or Batman in that duo.
  5. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

I have a question or two and a comment.
    Will the allies be ranged only? If not
    Can you make them ranged only?

My concern is that some people really love pets. I like pets and the other stuff too but.......
    Tanks on the other hand, not so much. Which is understandable because I tank as well.

Explanation
    Imo, when I'm tanking. It drives me nutz when I have DPS standing in my back pocket just pewpewpewpew and refusing to move. Then add pets on top of that. Then add allies if they do get up close. Trying to get position and see can be a nightmare with pets, henchmen, artifacts, DPS and now possibly allies. Whew OMG......sprinkle in some quantum and water healer. LOL
    Hopefully you see where I'm coming from.

Now my comment

Unlike others that have commented and tossed in their proverbial two cents.
    I see no reason to make allies on the same timer as pets or anything else for that matter. Adding to the same timer as other things will hurt pets, henchmen and allies because you can only run one at a time. Allies being on a separate timer will help keep all pets and henchman popular as well as NOT JEOPARDIZE THE POTENTIAL VALUE of allies for DCUO and players alike.

Thank you and thats my two cents
    • Like x 1
  6. Magnificent Loyal Player

That seems to be a theme.

This reads like you have never played any content with Iconic NPCs assisting you. Like... ever. Either that or you're so focused on pew-pew that you're oblivious to anything else going on around you.

To help you out a little: the NPCs will warp to you if you get too far ahead of them (see: Iceberg Lounge solo for a good example) so you are never leaving them "a mile behind walking". Ever.

In the Flashpoint Duo there's not enough distance between mob groupings to do this anyway. Even if you're blowing through Elite and drop down to the normal version they are still close enough to slow up your progress to where the only place you are using your high speed mode is in the final boss room.

These are basics with NPCs and the Flashpoint Duo.

It's like you've never even played it.
  7. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

Sorry but I have to disagree 100%.
    Your timer propositions would hurt the value of pets, henchmen, artifacts or anything else you think should share a timer with allies.

Are you purposely trying to wreck potential player value or DCUO's potential revenue stream from allies?
    • Like x 2
  8. Kilbane Active Player

Well this is all unfortunate. I was really hoping they were going to refine the Cyborg/Batman duo AI from Royal Prison and make it more of a mercenary type system where you can solo duo's or even 4 man with your AI buddies like FF14. I feel this would have dovetailed well into the reintroduction of stat clamping.. but alas.

This just seems like another pet/henchman/sidekick/orbital strike with another added grind and paywall. Really disappointing.
    • Like x 1
  9. GameOnGabeYT Well-Known Player

That’s exactly how it comes across.
  10. GameOnGabeYT Well-Known Player

Funny you say that as right in my signature is an end game pet build. Theres a time and place for everything, this system isn’t what you wanted. I’m focused on many things besides pewpew hence requesting one of the allies Grant a buff or function in another way besides does a damage burst, not completely change how they were introduced to fit the way I want to play the game.
  11. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Hmm? This thread is for the Allies feature feedback. No one is making suggestions to change pets.

The thread is for feedback of the system. That's an all encompassing topic. The goal is to bring up issues and shake them out before they go live. It's not simply for balance of damage #s. The feature is new and in a phase where it can be tweaked. This is the process. That's the purpose of this thread. If you don't like that, don't participate.
    • Like x 1
  12. GameOnGabeYT Well-Known Player

You should be saying that to yourself cause you come across as counter productive to that requesting a system be changed to fit how you want to play neglecting it’s intent. But it’s better you hold on to this block your topics are normally slated in this format of cosplay forcing and it’s rather annoying so it’s best I block you and keep it moving have a good day. And happy testing hope you enjoy our new ally system
  13. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

ArrrGHH!!! Posted in the wrong thread. :(
    • Like x 2
  14. Apollonia Dedicated Player

15. Ryazan Dedicated Player

This could have made Source Shard be in line against the meta. :(
    • Like x 1
  16. abdul qayyum New Player

you are welcome.
  17. Snoopy Level 30

Not sure if this was answered yet but is there a way to feed already leveled Allies into new not leveled Allies like the system we have with the Artifacts?
    • Like x 1
  18. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

I agree. Allies should work like something like a supercharge.
    • Like x 3
  19. Trexlight Devoted Player

Allies cannot be fed into other Allies
  20. Snoopy Level 30

Did they mention that in a stream or on the forums I didn't see anything on it
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.