Livestream Preview Episode 41: House of Legends

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Aug 5, 2021.

1. Yaiba Committed Player

Does this mean the only way to get legendary ally (I assume it's tier 3) is spending real money ?
  2. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Are we getting teased for Blue Lantern powers??? O.O I saw Power Girl and Flash in the House of Legends. Also TBWL said something about Perpetua is coming and that our allies aren't going to be enough. Could this also be what lies ahead?
  3. Sammy Well-Known Player

Charon,

Are we getting any female iconics? so far it seems to be Oracle and that's it.
  4. Hurtyman Active Player

I don't know what your situation is, but the last time there was an extra four/five month gap in new content, I used it to get about 100 skill points I wouldn't have gotten otherwise. Sometimes not having the burden of no new content is a blessing. Again, I don't know how you're doing on the SP front, but personally I have a lot of feats I need to do. If that's not your situation, I respect that.

On the other hand, I've been in a lot of PUG groups with players who have less than 150 SP. Depending on your league's make up, if you're SP rich, you could try your hand at mentoring. MMOs are social games as much as anything, and this can be an opportunity to lean into that.
    • Like x 1
  5. Charon Lead Content Designer

For Allies? There is Flashpoint Wonder Woman as well. And plenty of female iconics throughout the lifespawn of Allies for sure. Another one will be coming up between now and EP42 most likely (if things stay according to plan).
    • Like x 3
  6. Charon Lead Content Designer

TBD the full extent of access for all tiers but Tier 3s are definitely at least on the marketplace, yes.
    • Like x 3
  7. PrincessBunny Well-Known Player

Will there be vendors in the HOL like vendors outside of the DLC portals in the WT, I am asking once the DLC is over an I have a lower level toon, I have to find that vendor to exchange that DLC currency into Source marks, will there be these types of NPC's in HOL?
  8. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Wait, what?
  9. FoolsFire Devoted Player

The only slight disappointment I have in the Ally system is the characters. This would have been an excellent opportunity to only use characters which aren't in the game and might never be. Because they're either on the fringe or wouldn't fit in a certain storyline, whatever. It's nice to see Metamorpho added in even just as a vendor. Jack Ryder has been included since day one yet we still haven't seen The Creeper. Even more bizarre characters like Brother Power The Geek would have been nice to offer a Healing effect. Hopefully in the future this will be taken into consideration.
  10. Danne0075 Well-Known Player

So if tier 3 allies are on the marketplace does this mean that we're also going to have xp packs on the marketplace just like artifact xp?

If true this would mean not only do we have the p2w method of artifacts but also this new ally system. It's already bad that the tier 3 allies are only available from marketplace (TBD) but assuming that tier 3 has some of the strongest combat abilities and passives it seems very heavily p2w.

If they do not have the best abilities and passives then why are they tier 3 and why do we need to pay money on the marketplace to gain these.

Also are allies account bound? Or are we forced to pay and farm endless hours to level these up on alts just like artifacts?
    • Like x 5
  11. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Tier 3 on mp (or any ally locked behind the mp or booster bundles) is a terrible idea and heavily p2w, this shouldnt be a thing ever.

But I dont see any problem with them selling xp packs as long as there are tradeable options, like the flawless nth metal from bundles and the nth metal caches from detectors. These 2 are the way I level up artifact for alts.

Now if there is no tradeable option it means they are taking into consideration people spending money on the system when making the xp levels but the people who dont spend money are hard locked, like with seals, which is garbo and why Im worried of not having a ally xp detector or similar
    • Like x 1
  12. Danne0075 Well-Known Player

The problem is that players need to spend money on both ally xp and artifact xp. We still do not have a proper way of attaining xp in game. It takes way too long to get a rank 200 artifcat let alone 3 for one role and 6 for both roles without paying for it. Some might say nth detectors is an option but these are only available on the marketplace. They don't drop in game from any source unless you want to buy these from the broker and the xp attached to them fall under the same category.

The main issue then is that players need both artifact xp and ally xp to level up two game systems which are a core part of the game.(Artifacts been a huge core part of the game for a long time now and allies going to become very important once it comes out with the next episode) I could be wrong and maybe allies are a lot easier to level in game once its released and I hope so but if it is similar to the nth metal and the leveling of artifacts then this is very horrible for new players, low end players and mid tier players who still are leveling artifacts. Not to mention new allies are going to be added in the future and so is artifacts.

To add*
    The ally system is very interesting and cool system but without addressing the huge artifact problem the game has and adding another similar system to the game just keeps creating huge paywalls people need to get past to actually play the game with all of its systems.
    • Like x 2
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Reading the patch notes on test, they consolidated Nth Metal drops to only three kinds (Raw, Processed and Flawless) and almost doubled the drop rate for members.
  14. Control Creed Well-Known Player

Watched the livestream, from the quickplay and weekly thingy menus it said the reward was "source mark" so, does that mean the raids will only reward 1 source mark?

I understand you can run it infinitely but although I play quite a bit I would end up with significantly less source marks in the new system if that is true.

Thank you.
  15. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Ok so I just had a read through the thread and I'm seeing that Legendary Allies are potentially going to be Marketplace exclusive? That's bad. Please don't do that. Pop them on the MP as an option, sure, but please give us a way to get them in game too either as drops or to buy on a vendor. Allies are potentially going to be quite powerful, they shouldn't be locked behind a paywall as the only way of getting them.
    • Like x 2
  16. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I took Charon's "TBD" to mean "how", not "if". I'd be shocked if I was wrong about that.
  17. timetrapper52 Well-Known Player

Okay admittedly my comments were too harsh. Understandable this is a setup for the future format of content to come. Overall very good changes. Idk why I expected more from Dimensional Ink manpower. I hope the game does better and the team gets expanded to do more simultaneously. If we get big improvements like this with new content this game will be seeing new highs
    • Like x 1
  18. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Yeah me too, that's why I put in "potentially." I'm not ready to start saying the sky is falling just yet, but wanted to get my opinion on the matter in there if they were leaning towards MP exclusivity.
  19. Heywiar Committed Player

I hear ya! Sometimes feedback comes off harsher initially on my end too. Its easy to feel frustrated. :)
    I think the DCUO team currently has several employee vacancies, so they are definitely a little understaffed.
  20. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

So you've already played through all of that on Test, then? And you know this for certain? :confused:

There, I fixed that for you. ;)

To use the popular vernacular... "BYE, FELICIA!" :p