Test Discussion Episode 41: On Duty UI

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Mepps, Aug 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Please use this thread to discuss the new On Duty user interface.
  2. Cypher Well-Known Player

When using a controller on PC, there is nothing but "Exit" as an option. No amount of moving around lets you select anything on the new UI.
    I did hear noises, and once I used Mouse to go to Custom, it had selected items in the T1 list and attempted to queue me there.
    • Like x 9
  3. inferno Loyal Player

This is my experience as well. I thought it was due to my inexperience with the new setup but I was able to move freely in the Ally UI. I was able to move around the On-duty UI using my mouse.
  4. Cajaritotutututu Well-Known Player

Menu unresponsive when using controller it does not work flawlessly as the current menu, where basicallyt if you are using your controller and the start using mouse + keyboard, it does not matter keeps working.

In the image i was tryng to press all the possioble combinations and nothing.
    Controller: xbox 1

(During load...takes a long time)
    [IMG]

(After load, still no response)
    [IMG]

During usage (with mouse)
    1. I did not picked a role and did not showed me something like "must pick a role to que"
    Maybe add a step complete validation like (at least i do that doing a form, but poorly made ones, since my knoledge on desing is....basic)
    Choose role -> unlock quick play menu

2. My friend disconected while i had the onduty menu up, and kept showing him until i close the menu
    • Like x 1
  5. Mr.W Committed Player

I tried out the custom q setting which has the original menu & some of the missions are out of order of their tier. Example supply lines which always been t6 is now in the t2 area
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

End-Game Tiers have been reconfigured. There are now 6 Tiers, and all On Duty-accessed content has been organized into those Tiers.  In order to access content within these Tiers, players need to have a Combat Rating (Gear Score) of:
    Tier 1: CR 30
    Tier 2: CR 60
    Tier 3: CR 100
    Tier 4: CR 150
    Tier 5: CR 210
    Tier 6: Episodes 38, 39, and 40 content maintains existing CR requirements.
  7. Mr.W Committed Player

Okay, thanks for the info I was a bit confused for a second. Let me find the notes lol
  8. Revafall Well-Known Player

Is the "Custom Play" feature going to use this new UI eventually or is that still going to be the old UI window? I kind of like this new design of the On Duty menu, the game needs some UI updates for sure. :)
  9. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

The quickplay option is...... a bit useless??
    I keep on needed to go to the old UI because of how limited quickplay is.

You cannot chose a mission?? if you need a specific mission you sill need to go to the old UI?
    If you need an Elite mission.... old UI.
    Solo mission.... old UI.

Why would anyone use quickplay to play a random solo as opposed to using the old UI to select the solo mission they want to play???

So far.... I don't think quick play will be the magic button that the Devs think it is.

Will have to give it some more thoughts.

The one good thing.... Elite Solo.
    I know I can play Elite content. But I just cannot find 7 other players who can.
    So Elite Solo is something I have been waiting for for a looong time.
    So for that alone..... the Devs have my Thanks. :)
    • Like x 5
  10. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Pretty much this, why would I pick a random solo if I can just spam Manheim Chinese Theater for free marks. Unless there are other rewards to come, this is pretty useless.
    • Like x 1
  11. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

You bring up a good point and I also noticed this but I just thought it was a bug.
    • Like x 1
  12. myandria Item Storage

The new UI looks nice, but it is a bit overkill for most of the solo missions in my opinion. There are defeat X missions that you have to play the same content more than once to complete, and random queuing solo missions will not work for that. I think that the solo missions should be in the new UI, but not queue randomly like the omnibus. Technically, solo missions are quick play missions, as they don't take long to queue up. As others have stated, the new UI does not work with a controller; however, if I use the mouse and click on custom play to bring up the old UI, the controller works.

I do love the idea of the solo Elite missions, as I have little experience with Elite raids. I hope to learn how to play and gear up for Elite raids by playing the Elite solos.
    • Like x 3
  13. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Thanks. :)

Sorry about earlier.... I'm a bit grumpy today and was worried we might have started on the wrong foot.

Will go take a nap to chase away Mr Grumpy. ;)
    Have a good day. ;)
    • Like x 1
  14. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Hahaha, I didn't take offense so no worries.
    • Like x 1
  15. Red Skeleton New Player

For the Omnibus instance list would it be possible to have them sorted by their episode? Currently instances appear to be randomly listed. Also elite instances aren't listed in Omnibus, will you be able to ques for elite versions of instances through Omnibus or will you need to use the custom play menu?
  16. Rip Kurrent Well-Known Player

Agreed with many of the sentiments here. With a controller, the quick play UI doesn't work. Using my mouse, it does. It seems to be JUST the new UI that's affected.

When watching the live stream, I understood that the instanced content was a random que. I did however think the solos should be selectable by the player. I also understand the reason behind the quick play being the way it is. It is meant to help ensure that people aren't just spamming specific instances. It is meant to make it so new players can just select their role and que. It's a fantastic concept. I can adjust accordingly, but many veterans will find this useless unless some change is made.

The only thing that I'd suggest is to combine the old UI and the quick play. Give a select all button or be able to select individually in one spot.

We already have the entire list of content in the UI...why not give us the option to select from the same place? This circumvents what you're trying to accomplish, but it will be circumvented either way honestly. Please do not think I'm bashing it because I am DEFINITELY not, I'm just pointing out an area of opportunity and why I feel that way.
  17. Zamara Dedicated Player

Wait so the solo section in the new menu is just to put you on a random solo? o_O
  18. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Yep.

Who thought this was a good idea???

The whole idea around quickplay was very flawed from the beginning.... and now that we have been able to look at it more closely.... no.
    Not even remotely close to being a good idea.

How was this supposed to be an improvement over the old queue system??

I'm a bit speechless right now.... will have to give this more thought. :I
    • Like x 1
  19. BumblingB I got better.

Omnibus is... silly. I understand that it would be random, but we couldn't get a single alert or raid to pop. It would give us duo after duo. We tried to do custom and probably because of everyone else getting grouped duo after duo, was not popping.

Please let us at least uncheck what type of play we wont want. Duos, Alerts, and Raids. So we can uncheck Duos and always get either Alerts or Raids.
    • Like x 9
  20. Canadian Justice Committed Player

Some sort of preferred content filter would be nice. If after "x" minutes nothing in your preferred content type pops, then fall back to the first available queue.

And would it be possible to get a toggle in the options to default to the old queue menu?

Also throwing in my complaint that controller users can't navigate the Omnibus UI.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.