Shazam is so stupidly broken

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by 23rd Emperor, Aug 3, 2021.

1. 23rd Emperor Active Player

I HATE fighting against this guy. It's SO annoying. Every single time I fight against this guy it's always some scrub beating me up with him because he's so freaking broken it's annoying let me explain how. Or maybe you know and don't need an explanation but basically LPVP is pay to win because you get to get good characters and win all the time when you pay for them you will always win the game because they're so broken it's so annoying

I'm in the air and he's knocking me down with his freaking fists and I can't get back up and I can't even use my stupid breakout trinket to escape and now I'm on the floor and he's pummeling me. Yes, I ran away from this looney and the next time I play against this buffoon I am using Robin so I can go invisible and he won't have to find me unless he wants to fight me so bad he plays hide and go seek.

His stupid blowing makes me wanna cuss and go full caps on this page but Idk if that's even allowed on these forums. Both his blowing thing and shazam thing takes out half of my stupid health and it's so freaking annoying I hate this player and I also hate the shazam character it's so annoying and this stupid basement dweller is dancing right in front of me and he was also t-bagging me I haven't killed him not once because this literally goes to show that this stupid game is pay to win and I'm sitting here wasting my time when I can just leave and go play another pvp match but the stupid thing is I'll just get put in this r..-'s game again

This goes to show this game is pay to win when you buy cheesy characters like Shazam and Batman those characters are for scrubs and that's so annoying. When he stuns me with his punching I can't get out of it look it took him 10 freaking seconds to kill me and he's dancing this is so annoying and it really sucks it makes me wanna doxx him honestly
    • Like x 2
  2. Operation Failure Well-Known Player

Don't let it get to ya man. While they're constantly attacking you, you can practice your counters etc. I don't really know or remember what this blowing thing is that you're mentioning though. When I used to fight Shazams they would just constantly depend on their immunity ability. Haven't played lpvp in quite awhile.
    • Like x 3
  3. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

How is legends pay to win, when you can get every character in legends without spending a dime
  4. 23rd Emperor Active Player

How can you get every character in legends? Is it just there or do you have to have membership? Because when I look there more than half of the legends are locked except for the ones I bought with the golden stars stuff
  5. 23rd Emperor Active Player

They have an immunity abilitiy?! No wonder I wasn't able to get them even half health
  6. Operation Failure Well-Known Player

Shazam does. You can tell when it's being used though. He'll shout shazam while it looks like he's backing away from you.
    • Like x 1
  7. 23rd Emperor Active Player

He likes to get close to me so I get hit by the lightning
  8. Operation Failure Well-Known Player

I know, Shazams get the immunity as soon as they pop the ability so it doesn't matter if they hit you or not.
  9. MojoDuul Active Player

do not let pvp get to you. understand that it is in fact broken and whether or not you win is not really based on skill. if you lose it does not mean you did anything wrong and if they win it does not mean they are good. it is good you are doing legends and staying out of arenas since arenas is all cheese and no skill.
    I use to train people in pvp in the past but because of the state it is in today i have not bothered doing that in years. but if you want i could possibly give you help. if you would like a little training let me know.
  10. BƖack Dedicated Player

You must have membership to purchase ''most'' of the legends PVP characters.

I say most because characters such as OG Batman or Supergirl TV Series aren't available anymore as far as i know. Unless something has changed recently?

Either way, you have to pay for membership several times to buy most of the characters because there is probably no such person who would buy all available legends within just 1 month? or maybe there is? if so... well dude you're a TRUE Korean farmer D:
  11. ShadowTheHunter Well-Known Player

Shazam and Black Adam are broken characters for sure. They are very powerful and require very little skill to use and be effective against most players. Wonder Woman and Catwoman are very similar in this regard. High damage, reflect shield. WW has a finisher, and CW has stealth. In the case of Shazam and Black Adam, what makes them so powerful is their ability to spam Mercury/Heru's escape which grants them immunity and damage prevention for about 1.5 seconds. You can out-counter the Shazam/BA and they still do a ton of damage to you. Not to mention they have a supercharge that does high damage and healing, but in most cases they won't get to use it, and if they do, it's only once per match. Shazam also has a 35% finisher like WW does, an ability that will do extremely high damage when it hits you when your health is 35% or lower. What I hate the most about all of these characters from what I've observed, is that they cater greatly to players of average skill. The abilities they have in their kit allow them to dominate over other players of similar skill or even higher in some cases when they are using weaker characters.

However, as powerful as these characters are, they are not unbeatable. And I understand thinking Legends is pay-to-win. But, I'll tell you how you can get your revenge on these Shazam players and you'll see the methods I describe don't require real money. Get comfortable because this post is a bit long, haha:

One of these ways I've already mentioned, Catwoman. Catwoman is one of the strongest characters in the game (I have to whisper this or else my leaguemate will get on here and argue me down LOL) and free to unlock. Her weapon, feline fatal (also shared by Cheetah), is a slower, but higher-damage variant of martial arts. Your best combo to use will be primarily three-tap hold (uppercut, which hits like 600-800 damage) and you can one-tap hold and two-tap hold occasionally to change up your patterns. When it comes to beating these powerful characters, I always recommend to play aggressive (perhaps because it's how I play in general, haha). You want to clip your weapon attacks with whip flurry as often as possible (highest damage tray ability aside from stealth, hits like 800). You can alternate with whip pull when whip flurry is on cooldown. But when using whip flurry you must be very careful of getting blocked. In exchange for high damage, the ability is easy to block.

Some Shazams are smarter than others. The spammers will just combo you with brawling and never block. Block their backhands and uppercuts while getting in as many uppercuts clipped with whip as possible. You will outdamage them and kill them. The smarter Shazams will block your attacks and try to block-break you. Watch them closely to determine when they will try to do either. That uppercut hits hard so they will likely block around that time, so be ready. Baiting out a block-break can be challenging, but you can either not block when you know it's coming and punish them, or if you're uncertain, you can roll before it comes out and punish it. In every fight, use your shield. The best time to use it, if you can manage it, is when you land a clean block-breaker. You can use your shield to clip either whip flurry or cat swipe, then go into stealth mode, use surprise attack, then one-tap hold and backflip. This combo takes some practice but is very devastating. It takes HALF their health.

Note, this is the ideal scenario. The Shazam can use escape as soon as you block-break them. If you see this happen, WAIT and do not use this combo just yet. Wait until after their escape animation has ended. If they block as soon as it's over, block-break them and THEN do that combo. If they lunge at you, block it and do the combo. Oh, and BLOCK THEIR 35% FINISHER. If you think you got one-shotted by a Shazam you likely got hit by that finisher and didn't realize it. Whenever your health is low, be on the lookout for that move. The animation looks just like brawling uppercut. But be careful, a really smart Shazam may use that finisher to bait you into a block, but that's extremely rare. Not all Shazams play the same, but in general this is the framework I would use to beat them. You're going to have to figure out when they use their escape, some only use it when countered, others use it as often as possible. Don't attack them while they're escaping because it'll be a waste, and depending on the move you use you could end up getting countered if they block as soon as the escape is over.

This is one way, another way which is even easier and more broken than Catwoman, is none other than Two-Face. Two-Face, the most broken character in the game, is even more powerful than Shazam and he's also free to unlock. And it's very simple to use him. High health, high damage, UNBLOCKABLE (Rifle's 5 tap). Just spam 5 tap, clip it with In Your Face. If they try to block 5 tap, bait out the block and block-break them. Block as many of Shazam's brawling combos as you can. Continue 5 tap spam. Remember their escape. If they escape, don't attack. Watch what they do. If they lunge, block. If they block, block-break. If they do neither, time your rifle taps so that 5 tap will hit them as soon as their immunity from escape is over. You will outdamage them for sure. Use whatever supercharge you want with him. Whenever you're by yourself on the node (like while the Shazam is respawning), put as many fire barrels down on the node as you can before your opponent arrives. The barrels will explode and cause damage over time. And that's pretty much it.

Believe it or not, if I were go down the list of the best Legends characters in the game you'll find most them are free-to-play. Nightwing, Robin, Catwoman, Classic Batman, Huntress, Two-Face, even Bane (he has a secret ability that makes him super broken). You can beat almost anyone with mastery of these characters. The only overpowered characters that are paid are Wonder Woman, Lex Luthor, Bizarro, Shazam, Black Adam. All of the others range from mid-tier to downright garbage.

If you're interested in how you can use any of the other free-to-play characters to beat Shazam or any other character, let me know.
    • Like x 1