I would love to go back troll

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dark Soldier, Jul 31, 2021.

1. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Hmmm, sometimes I envy the role controller.

It's my only role and it is not very well defended.

Our voices are limited to those who only see and play the role 1 way.

They would struggle with, giving power, controlling loose adds and relying on others to do what they should be doing.

The role is truly an underappreciated and under valued role.

We are the glue that can make a run smooth, saving the healer when an add spawns on top of them.

We are in the best position to aid others when taken a knee is upon them.

We also have the ability to go undetected, and perform actions where others would draw aggro.

Yet, just like real heroes there is no recognition.

Just say thank you troll, I don't know how you do it and appreciate what we controllers do.

Naw, that's not reality, now is it.

In context, whose the bigger hero?

Bruce Wayne or Batman...

Both are popular.

I don't play villain so, I am not going to use the counterpoint in comparison.
  2. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

role alt alerts is a settings option. not role alt raids... just to establish a base.
    DPS universe is a thing, that is PSN users run amuck thinking it's MK DCUO... maybe...
    Mortal Kombat!!!!!

edit... whaaaa? expect Cntl+Alt+Del : End Task. You're wasting my time. .....dirty console users. :p

I got your controller right here! *can't find a good rabbit boss giff from GW2* [IMG]
  3. thedemonocus Loyal Player

Trolls are more than just batteries.
  4. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Considering the amount of groups at 7/8 shouting for a troll for elite runs in LFG, I'd say it's more than just a preference. At times I've seen the same group shouting for 20-30 min.
  5. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

The trolls could be phased out even more, but i guess we will have to see what the allies do.

Troll role was always something else and over the years, i agree, is boring and optional to use. Remember the good'ol days of asking the other troll their vit? lol. You Pot, I Dump.
    • Like x 1
  6. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

There is no standard group formation to use for content. There may be optimal formations, but every group is different and also depends if you are going after a feat which may require an additional tank. If a group shouts for a troll for half an hour, then they prefer having a troll, simple as that. As a healer myself, when new content drops for raids, I prefer having two healers as the content is new, but later on, I prefer one healer as our group is leveled up and know what to expect.
  7. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Id rather run a piece of content with a troll and get it done in 20 minutes than forego a troll, stack another dps and have it take 30 minutes. An extra dps gives you an illusion you're doing it faster. You're not. 9 times out of 10.
  8. MaryMagdalene_DCUO Well-Known Player

Trolling is at its best now and elite alerts and raids are faster with a battle troll
  9. Tree Well-Known Player

Do it! Having Amulet of Rao constantly hit 7 additional ads is soo convenient. It’s insanely easy to debuff now and takes some pressure off our own power pools. Call me old school, but I always have believed in and followed a 1-1-1-5 Raid setup. It’s hard to go wrong with that setup — ain’t nobody got time to wait for your passive power regen just so Tanks can pull again, Healers can top off the group again, and most importantly for DPS to start their rotation again! MMORPG things.
  10. Jaelia Committed Player

Honestly as a healer when I spec into superpowered i get a higher percentage of my power bar regen quick & with my weapon mod I use the troll one to get power extra when I use my weapon & I also use purple ray which restores and replenishes my power back almost completely without needing a troll at all.

As a dps they’re also artifacts that help give power back quickly as well also resulting to not needing a troll.

That’s why they’re only buff trolls just to give that boss that extra kick down to beat them fast enough. :) hope that helped
  11. Heywiar Committed Player

I've said this a million times and I'll say it again: I just wanna feel as significant as the other roles, ya know?
    Well, I switched off troll for a reason...I remember the devs joking about the uselessness of the role. That made me lose hope that it could get better.
  12. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

I went tank & actually just dumped my last troll artifact into tank. Imma have some rebuilding to do if they do ever make trolls useful n i come back. I miss being green lantern so much. But im not ab to que into missions n be told to go dps n my poopy dps abilities embarrass me