Plz Help me Understand: Future Stat Clamping Old Content

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Magician, Jul 27, 2021.

1. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

That was constructive.
    • Like x 5
  2. FiremanMac85 Well-Known Player

It was a joke. Easy, tiger.
  3. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Sadly this is the type of rude response one gets on here. Being rude is much easier than asking Ryazan “what parts are giving you trouble? Have you tried doing XYZ? When I did that, I had to do ABC to get that feat.”

But, hey, ‘Have a nice day, try not to suck at what you do!’ Is what you get here.
    • Like x 5
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Suffice to say, it didn’t come across as one.
    • Like x 6
  5. Rip Kurrent Well-Known Player

As many have said (and continue to say)..we don't know how it will be until it rolls out. All we can do is hope for the best.
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Is it really necessary to take this aggressive and toxic route? I'm not trying to start a fight here, it's just that the statement wasn't necessary, but if you still felt like it needed to be said, there are better ways to say it. None of this is helpful in this discussion.
    • Like x 8
  7. EconoKnight XIII Legion

It’s something to go back and do after you’ve done everything else. But if the devs would rather more people move on after a month or two of an episode, that’s fine.

That’s what’s happening after two or three years of over-gearing. The feats are not being obtained by random que; there’s still coordination and communication involved. Higher stats allow for more survivability and faster burn (as some feats require). It’s the same principle as leveling your augments before you can complete something at-level; just a longer road.

I don’t seek to break the game at every turn. I build up to the point where the feat can be done but still be an immersive, visually impressive experience. I like feeling like I’m in the story; I’m not looking for achievement at any and all cost. The game was not designed visually for flickering inventory screens and characters who look like they’re having epileptic seizures during battle. If that’s truly the devs’ intent, then they may as well make a text adventure game. Would be a lot cheaper.

To me, that’s what’s sad. Some just want to be termed the best and all they know afterward is that they hit something really hard and it died fast. They are doing at-level what you’re criticizing alleged one-shot people for. But the “elite” at-level people never know the game as anything different than a quick rush and destroy. They don’t want to know it as anything more than that.
    • Like x 4
  8. threvester New Player

My issue with clamping is the population. I was queued for every raid on Saturday from around 11 AM until 6 PM on the switch..not one instance popped...how am I supposed to ever run this content? It needs to be queued short people which does not work with clamping....what good is membership if you cant even run anything? they should offer all raids as 1,2 or 4 man, all alerts as 1 and 2 man and duos as solos...all I want to do is play
    • Like x 3
  9. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Again any form that stat clamping takes on is a horrible idea, imo. Just the thought of it is a bad idea after we come so far with our artifacts and cr.
    • Like x 4
  10. the solowing Steadfast Player

Jokes dont translate well over text but it was musing lol to me imo
  11. Magician Dedicated Player

This response saddens me. If it wasn't for PC/PS combining, we should have the same issues.
    • Like x 1
  12. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Yeah, nothing says joke like belittling your own community. It's depressing to see this toxic behavior celebrated by some folks here :(
    • Like x 4
  13. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

This is a weird situation the devs are putting us in. You cant say that you are working to close the gap in stat points while putting up more barriers for people who dont have dedicated groups to run with. This slightly less nerfed version of Lpve is going to hurt casuals more then help them.

I joined a bunch of leagues over the last few months, grinded out about 75 sp. Got a few inboxes here on the forms “ yea we’ll help you get your sp up” my experience has been i get a lil help the first few days then once they realize that grinding old feats that they alr have is a waste of time our communication gradually declines. I even got kicked from one league and a mail that said something along the lines of “ our guys really arent feeling the old content grind, we think youll find more help elsewhere”

Hahah yea this new change will totally help w that problem
    • Like x 6
  14. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Then it's not a good joke.
    • Like x 6
  15. Illumin411 Loyal Player

That's basically how I see it.
    • Like x 2
  16. Plowed In Loyal Player

Can we agree that at a certain stat difference, any additional stats become more hurtful rather than helpful? We are talking about the entire game here so context is very important here. I’m thinking 3 DLCs away is a sweet spot - kinda like when it changes over to source marks the “cap” is set - but again we’ll actually have to wait and see it on test (or hear about it from PC players).

It’s very different being “at-level” in elite and doing whatever possible to stay alive, survive, get past a boss vs the run and gun smash of overgeared players. We did NGN recently and Lightray was defeated before people had even warped into the area…no loot. That to me is too fast and needs some level of clamping.

It is not my intention to criticize anyone or any group of people. Apologies if anyone was offended. I do think it is fair to be critical of ideas, mine included, so that we let our feedback be heard and hopefully get the best outcome for the community.
    • Like x 3
  17. Plowed In Loyal Player

Aw, I like my Game genie analogy, lol, and I like to rock ‘weird.’ :)

I wasn’t focused on the cheating aspect and I didn’t mean to imply it, I was more focused on the analogy of having an immunity to damage and also very high damage; which is what older content feels like now (And the gap continues to get wider with each new DLC, btw). That’s what it ‘feels’ like to an old gamer.
    • Like x 1
  18. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

I think you can look at how elite raids like from Titans to Atlantis to JLD can still present a challenge to discern that three DLCs back is way too small a window. If they're going with forced clamping, it makes more sense to start it at Earth 3.

All good, understood. Here's the the thing, you can go pretty far back (like the DLCs I mentioned above) and still take a lot of damage and not do so much damage that you're trivializing content or mechanics.
    • Like x 2
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The thing about scaling players down and having all content give rewards is that queue times will be less, since everyone isn't waiting alone for whatever they queued for to pop, and everyone has reasons to run older stuff.
    • Like x 8
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I wanted to note again that all of the numbers and ideas here are speculation on things that are not finalized internally. The whole "3 dlc" thing is completely made up, for example. The only thing you have to go on until test/live launches are our goals, laid out in the update.

To the original concern, you will still be able to out-level content and work on yourself to be stronger. Feats will still get easier over time. But, feats are feats. No one is entitled to any of them, you don't need all of them, and it still may take players from one day to never to acquire one.
    • Like x 15