Unnecessary Feat/Hate for Stat Clamping

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by FiremanMac85, Jul 23, 2021.

1. FiremanMac85 Well-Known Player

I’ve been reading a lot of posts on here in the past few days regarding the stat clamp for older content. People are freaking out Bc they want to keep their run and gun methods or are worried it’ll be too hard.

First off, the stat clamp will not be like running that raid like it was when it was endgame. Mepps said it himself. You will still be strong.

Second, this isn’t about endgame veterans. This is about turning new players into returning players. Think about it outside of your own perspective. If you’re a new player and you can’t find a group to run a raid with, or even worse get carried through 10 years of dlc’s, there is almost no incentive to keep playing. This will be 100% about new players, so they have someone to play with, and most importantly help with player retention.

Third, this won’t make content hard. Think back to the reg version of this years anniversary raid. Did ANYONE complain the reg version was too difficult? That was stat clamped, and it was so easy you didn’t even need a healer. Elite was different yes, but that’s for players who actual like a challenge.

So for those who are hitting the panic button, take a breath. This isn’t about you. There will be new content for you to worry about. The stat clamped older content is to add variety and give new players people to play with.
    • Like x 3
  2. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

There's literally no reason to not let stat clamping be optional. Make it loot-free and un-clamped so people can still feat hunt as they wish.
    • Like x 11
  3. CCPONCHO Well-Known Player

I wouldn't really care if I wasn't being forced to run old content for source marks tbh.
    • Like x 7
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

There's no need to make multiple threads on the same subject. Also both camps have a lot of non-based certainties for something that isn't on test yet.
    • Like x 7
  5. FiremanMac85 Well-Known Player

Then there’s zero incentive for veterans to run it. You have to give marks or loot or something. Joker said if you’re good at something never do it for free, right?

Plus they can feat hunt for free now as it is… So I don’t know what you’re getting at by that
  6. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

The incentive is the feat.

Otherwise, run clamped and get loot. Problem solved.
    • Like x 5
  7. FiremanMac85 Well-Known Player

Okay… or just do both and not make this weird request so convoluted.
  8. Illumin411 Loyal Player

As simple as an on/off toggle sounds, unless you understand video game systems design and architecture, I wouldn't assume it's something they can easily do. Maybe it is and maybe it isn't. But I'd estimate that 99.9% of us don't have the education, training and experience to assume either way.
    • Like x 3
  9. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

There's nothing convoluted about it.

Make clamping optional but without rewards for people who want to continue to feat hunt.

Go clamped and get marks and drops. Solved.

Everyone wins.
    • Like x 5
  10. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

There seems to be alot of vitriol towards end game players (now called veterans? ok) and the fact that we are a little upset about losing something we earned for playing the game the way it was laid out for us to play. Whatever. I've accepted the stat clamp and although I don't like it, I will try it and see.

However, when I see comments like "this isn't about endgame players", I take offense. Are we just to be cast aside? Thanks for reaching endgame, now get the heck out of our MMO?

I'm a paying customer since 2014 with a yearly sub. I'm not all that impressed with the new membership 'perks' being offered but I shall see right? But when I read comments like the one above and on other threads, it seems there is deep, deep resentment towards end game players and members.

I'm like wow, way to treat your bread and butter customers.
    • Like x 9
  11. FiremanMac85 Well-Known Player

They’re trying to grow their player base again. If you can’t see that, I can’t help you. If you’ve played since 2014, even stat clamped you’ll be fine. No one said your cast aside. You’ve played past the content that’s getting clamped. So what’s your issue. The players who are at that level have almost no one to play with. This update is inviting endgame/veteran players to come back and play with them, and not drag them through it. Everyone plays. Everyone wins.
    • Like x 1
  12. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

My issue is all the hate end game players are getting in this forum. That's my issue.
    • Like x 4
  13. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Except players whose progression is being trivialized.
    • Like x 3
  14. FiremanMac85 Well-Known Player

No ones hating on endgame players. People are taking old content clamping as a personal attack, which is asinine.
  15. FiremanMac85 Well-Known Player

Explain to me how that’s happening.
  16. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Stat clamping trivializes people's progression. What's hard to understand? People have spent time, money and effort on their toons and it's not unreasonable for them to want to smash old content. In particular, it's always been a sort of compromise that if you can't get a feat now, you can wait a couple dlcs to really make it more attainable. Forced stat clamping robs us of that.

Have you been in, say CTE or MOME lately? Groups still struggle with those even without going for feats. And they're both about to get MORE difficult.

I'm all for the no loot lock clamped version. But make it optional.
    • Like x 2
  17. FiremanMac85 Well-Known Player

It in no way shape or form trivialIzes progression. You’re past that content. You’re running for loot and to do something other than run the same raids over and over. If you don’t like the stat clamp, by all means keep replaying whatever is current. Your progression has absolutely nothing to do with old content unless you need feats from there. Killing enemies easily or not you’ll have to know the mechanics to get the feats. So either. Git gud and stop complaining. This is an effort to grow the game again.
    • Like x 2
  18. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I believe Yaas Queen Hyppolyta is referring to the fact that all current and future dlcs will be clamped to within estimated the last 3 dlcs as I have seen speculated on this forum. This means that no matter how much CR progression, Artifact leveling, OP Gear leveling, etc, will only be as powerful as the upper limits of 3 dlcs going forward.

Prior progression becomes trivialized as a result. If I have misinterpreted your intent Yaas Queen Hyppolyta, I apologize.
    • Like x 2
  19. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

It definitely trivializes progression. Why bother with arts or sps anymore?

Just make it optional which would have zero negative effect while satisfying all sides of this discussion. And really, better to just make it optional from the jump rather than in a few months when vet players realize how much has been taken from them.

Incidentally, the crux of my point is about feats. Seems like you might need to "git gud" at reading comprehension since you've managed to miss that despite it being mentioned over and over again here.
    • Like x 5
  20. FiremanMac85 Well-Known Player

Like I have said before… read again slowly if you have to. It doesn’t hinder your progression Bc it’s not relevant for you. Just say you want to be lazy and run through content in 5 min Bc you’re selfish and only care about you. The developers are trying to fix the massive gap between new and old players. Stop being so obtuse (look that one up of you have to) about this update.

My comprehension is just fine. You just suck at making a valid argument. I’ll refresh my page in 5 min, to see your best attempt at a retort. Which inevitably will hit as hard as a wet tissue. But keep swinging, bud!
    • Like x 2