Pros Of Cons of each power

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Wild919Poison, Jul 17, 2021.

1. Wild919Poison New Player

I'm just came back to DCUO after 3 years and I used to play on console but, times have change and now I build my self up on PC. Currently I'm working on playing through each storyline and have multiple characters for feats, I've already completed Batman's and now working on Wonder Woman.

Powers I've already use or currently

Quantum: I've used this for my batman playthrough, It cool power but I always feel like I'm not doing any damage until I look at the leaderboard and I'm surprised that I done the most in the squad.

Sorcery: Currently using it for Wonder Woman playthrough, It been a blast to use great aoe and the casting animations feel smooth and I feel like I'm doing something, so far one of my favorite powers to use

What I'm asking is what are some fun powers to use on my next 4 playthroughs I don't really care about dps or roles as I'll focuse on that for endgame... i just want have fun getting back into things.
  2. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Quantum
    Pros:
    Its bursty
    in the right hands is just nasty
    Quantum tunneling (crazy OP if used right)

Cons:
    None, its quantum :)
    • Like x 1
  3. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you like to go melee, try rage. Gadget is fun and there are a lot of buttons to press. Fire has some nice dots. Munitions is the strongest for least effort. And you can also try earth if you like melee.

Guessing from what youve said youre only playing with the superpowered tree, so i'll stick to my suggestions. If you want to go with a different approach and try out the weapons expert tree, you can technically use any power and have equal fun.
    (Cant suggest "prec" tho unless you have at least around 100SP)
  4. DontCare97 Well-Known Player

Earth and Ice 2 tanks powers that can't heal but light a troll power can which is the dumbest thing ever makes no sense
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Fun is subjective so what one finds fun another might find boring. I can’t really answer that aspect. So instead I’ll give little bits of how they function.

Sorcery: you have
    Nature: dot based. Great for long lasting fights, can lag behind in hallways
    Electric: mix of dot and burst. Great for aoe, can fall behind on single target
    Celestial: combo based power. Like nature, if things die to fast you won’t hit land your big hits
    Water: combo based with a mix of burst

Gadgets: most well rounded power but can be hard to master and is very clip heavy
    Mental: same situation as gadgets
    HL: combo based. Relies on fast clipping to put out your most damage but can be power hungry if you can’t manage your rotation (my personal favorite)
    Quantum: you have
    Munitions: channel (cast time) based with good burst/sustained damage. On the easier side to get used too

Fire: channel based with good ST. Good single target damage
    Ice: similar situation as fire but less single target potential but can take advantage of SCs better
    Earth: combo/burst based. Well rounded power
    Rage: combo based with strongest situational SC (melee). Poster boy power for melee (ignore people who say it sucks at range)
    Atomic: combo dependent.

You have a healer power and a troll power. If you do decide that you want to try support roles too than I’d say try choosing a tank at some point. Since you requested 4 powers I would say (in no particular order):
    Munitions to get introduced to channel based powers.
    Water to get introduced to combos powers. (I know there are others that are more heavily combo based but this is a simple one to get into it)
    Ice since it’s the easiest tank power to start getting into tanking
    Gadgets/mental/HL for when you want to try something more clip heavy.

If you want one of your toons to be Prec based than gadgets and mental can also fit that bill very strongly while maintaining their clip heavy playstyle
  6. Shalayah Committed Player

The last couple powers I’ve used (specifically DPS and my playstyle which is melee/ST)

Fire: (Current power) Decent melee damage. Great ST damage. I don’t really like their supercharges though. Fire Barrage doesn’t really work for melee but if you’re a mid ranged player it could work if you like projectile based powers.

Rage: Awesome melee damage especially if you’re able to spam Berserk. The ST damage is not that good but is still serviceable. I had 100k+ damage in a RWE run last week but that was because the 2nd DPS was having a bad day and we kept dying at the Diana fight due to healer not following mechanics. Either way. If you like high numbers. Rage will get you there off of mainly melee damage.

Celestial: Melee is decent, ST is in the same boat. Celestial is one of the more balanced powers overall. It’s good in every facet of the game, but it draws people away because of the combos. Celestial hits like a truck if you know what you’re doing. You could use the plague combo and you’ll see nothing happen for about 2 seconds then drop that divine light, and the AI will either die, or lose a huge chunk of health. The more annoying bit is when you’re in a fight where you have to stay mobile. Like the Trigon fight. The combos can get you killed sometimes if you aren’t cautious lol.

Water: Both are pretty decent. Don’t listen to what people say about Water cause Water can hit hard as a truck too. I was expecting water to be weak when I switched but was surprised that the damage potential was there. Regardless the con of water is that it just doesn’t seem to be built towards the DPS role which is why it’s considered weak. It just doesn’t have any functions that stand out. Like Rage is all about the Melee, Gadgets is about clipping, Celestial combos, HL ST Combos, etc.

Electricity: I wasn’t really doing Melee with electricity like that but the ranged is great. Electricity can burn down adds like crazy especially if you use Circuit Breaker. The single target isn’t that strong in comparison to other powers but it’s serviceable and can do great damage in the right hands.

I haven’t used munitions since getting back on DC, but it seems like a low effort power that does massive damage.
  7. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

In my experience, Fireball Barrage works better the closer you get. The further you are the more fireballs start to miss their target. Fire also has great melee. I wouldnt put it up there with the gadgets and earths, but it is Definitely one of the most well rounded DPS powers.