Bonus weekend

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ALB, Jul 22, 2021.

1. ALB Dedicated Player

So nothing last week and a spotlight episode this week? C'mon man....
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

We got a Booster Bundle last week.
    • Like x 6
  3. Eve YouTuber

Honestly these Spotlight bonus weeks are great. Thanks to the previous one of Wonderverse I had the chance to get the Helm + few more things and got closer to finish the farming feats. These are super helpful to help catch up for those who missed or need more time on it.
    • Like x 8
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Set your wayback machines for over a year ago and remember a time when 'bonus' events only came around once a month or more, and those events were 3 days not 7. Constant bonus weeks were supposed to be a 'pandemic' related thing...not that it's over now, but I'd say we aren't full in the swing of things, so yeah....keep complaining and maybe we'll go back to the occasional one....for 3 days a pop.

I've actually got a few toons I've been skipping Legion on as I figured a 2x week was coming...I'll be topping them off to 999 this week likely. I'd guess there are still a handful of players who still need Beacon related things too...good a time as any to finish those off. Not you? Well, good time to pound out some old feats I guess, before the clamp kicks in.
    • Like x 12
  5. ALB Dedicated Player

I'm going to stick with recent history.
  6. ALB Dedicated Player

That's not a game wide bonus. Booster Gold's cost money
    • Like x 2
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

That’s a very ungrateful way of looking at it. But fine if you want to take that approach than recently they haven’t added an event the week new things are introduced. Dlcs, sales, time capsules, booster gold, etc. so not having an even is normal. So why exactly are you complaining?

And this game also doesnt revolve around you or a few people. While you may have already gotten everything you need from that dlc others still need it. So it’s let them enjoy the event for this week.
    • Like x 8
  8. Jafin 10000 Post Club

We usually don't have a bonus week when something else launches that week, such as a new Time Capsule, new Episode, Booster Bundle etc.
    • Like x 6
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They don't do bonus weeks on the same week they drop a new Booster Bundle, Time Capsule, Resurgence event or seasonal. You should know that by now.
    • Like x 5
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Well, if we have a few more dissatisfactory bonuses (for you) I guess you won't mind if they continue...you'll be all set as that will be the new 'normal'. Long term memory loss cuts both ways.
    • Like x 3
  11. Panderus Senior Producer

Actually I DO prefer to launch some content or have an event on days where we sell things so there is something slightly new to do in game for everyone. Last week we had new feats launch for Flashpoint if I recall. Finally, I don't think the 3 day weekend events are coming back, reception to this new format of 7 day events and nearly every week is being received well so while it started as an excuse from the pandemic, it seems to be working out well.
    • Like x 25
  12. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Not having a Bonus week when you have a BB or TC.... or any other event launching is the right move.

The week you release a BB or a TC.... some of us are UBER busy playing the Broker.
    So we would not really have time to play the Bonus week anyway.

;)
    • Like x 2
  13. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

That's awesome, bonus weeks are always appreciated, even during the launch of marketplace items :)
    • Like x 1
  14. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Which is why I suggested the format of every week being a bonus week of some sort back about nine years ago.... :)

Everything to gain and nothing to lose.
  15. Illumin411 Loyal Player

We got a new weekly mission and close to 10sp worth of newly available feats. IMO that's better than any bonus week maybe with the exception of double artifact xp or triple current DLC marks.

They also cost time and effort on the part of the developers to make. They're not my cup of tea either, but I appreciate the effort none the less.
    • Like x 3
  16. ALB Dedicated Player

They get paid for time and effort. It's called a job
  17. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Yes and running events isn’t mandatory either. What do you expect? There to be some extravagant events every single week to keep us amazed? You are proof that even that would eventually get old. We didn’t have events every week. Now we do. We didn’t used to have events for the whole week. Now we do. These used to be special and people used to be happy to get it. Now because it’s here every week you expect everything to be given ASAP. So what happens when they add better events eventually people like you will get used to is and expect even better things. That’s not how it works. You may not like what we got but so what. Others probably needed stuff and they get what they needed.
    • Like x 4
  18. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

Some people just wanna be ungreatful no mather What I guess..
    • Like x 6
  19. Eve YouTuber

Bonus weeks are not a given. Taking it for granted is like the most ungrateful thing you can do. They can easily stop doing them as they are not a must in any way. I find this attitude very entitled. You are not the only player in the world and they shouldn't cater just to people who already finished stuff, but let people who just came back or still needs to get stuff done a chance to experience the content and get their feats\styles done.

You can always take a break and come back for the next bonus week. But don't take it as if the Devs owe you the bonus weeks.
    • Like x 4
  20. FiremanMac85 Well-Known Player

Ladies and gentlemen, let me introduce you to the 14 year player base.