Server Maintenance - July 21, 2021

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

All worlds will be offline for a brief hardware maintenance today beginning at 8AM PT. The downtime is expected to last two four hours.

Update: Xbox and Switch are now online. PC/PS worlds are working through a tech issue and will take longer.
    • Like x 4
  2. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

Thanks for the update.
  3. Eve YouTuber

Great, thank you Mepps!
  4. Deadpool Was Here New Player

Mepps! I haven’t played in a while, and wanted to get back on! Any updates on the maintenance status?
  5. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Update: Xbox and Switch are now online. PC/PS worlds are working through a tech issue and will take longer.
    • Like x 7
  7. NextZeus New Player

thx mepps
  8. Anubis New Player

The problem is, I am sure nothing important is coming after this, probably an update that could have happened later.
  9. Red Wáve Well-Known Player

As much as I'd really want to make a long angry rant about the game going down unannounced during EU primetime, and how it's cutting into my evening plans to do Feat runs of FV and FF Event on some 3rd and 4th rate Alts :mad: I'm just thankfull it's happening on a Wednesday instead of Raidday :D
    • Like x 1
  10. Diablo Sama Active Player

Devs one Request: some of us we come from work tired and we want to play the game, where i live (Europe) its 21:38PM while in NA its 14:38pm can we stop the favorism? literally any update or a hotfix always happens this time for EU, make a better schedule for both NA and EU.
  11. valiant Villian Well-Known Player

Not an update. Hardware maintenance.
    • Like x 2
  12. Eve YouTuber

It's not an update but a hardware maintenance. And, it was probably urgent, So "It couldn't happen later"
    • Like x 4
  13. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

Regular automated shutdown didn't occur today on US PS/PC, then 2 hours later it was started. This tells me that someone had to manually initiate it when they got into the office or checked the server. When they checked into the issue it turned out to be a semi-serious hardware issue, and it took a couple of hours to repair.

There is also a technical issue with PS server, but others are now online. I'm sure Dimensional prefers happy customers to angry ones, so I'm equally certain that they're working to fix the issue as quickly as they can. I don't think there's any favoritism, just that someone had to wake up and check the server before they found the problem.
    • Like x 3
  14. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

Must've been dusty cables.

...And game is up on PS
  15. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

You are thinking too small. ;)

We need a Free Cosmic aura.
    A Free Nebula Chroma.
    A Free PS5!!!!! :eek:

Mouahahahahahahahhah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) ;) ;)

But if they give 1 Free Replay Badge.... that will do. ;)
    • Like x 4
  16. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

They don't need no dusty cables.... they have a hamster that runs the whole thing from his hamster wheel.

Somebody probably just forgot to feed the hamster. ;)
    • Like x 2
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Update: All worlds are now online.
    • Like x 2
  18. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

All worlds will be offline for a brief hardware maintenance today beginning at 8AM PT. The downtime is expected to last two four uhm... ??? hours.

Fixed it for you. :cool:
  19. Cordelia Well-Known Player

Poor hamster.
  20. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

• Episode Spotlight: Long Live the Legion
      • July 22-28, 2021
    Didn't see any further announcement, but hopefully this is still happening. Anyone know for sure?