Hardest DCUO raid ever? (Opinion poll)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TeflontheIcon, Jul 19, 2021.

1. TeflontheIcon Well-Known Player

My vote is Paradox Wave. Dox had us fighting outside the map, in the spawn, on the walls, getting kicked if you weren't flight,etc. I spent 16 hrs in there once going for the hands. Gear was "missing" in there for a while, that gear got a stat update. I can go on. Wait, they nerfed the boss size and animations on the walls. That raid was SAVAGE!

*Honorable mention* Throne of the Dead.
    This raid put Quantum on punishment. Still on punishment today!

Your vote?
  2. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

Inner sanctum at tier, every boss was just painful, mechanic wise at least.
    • Like x 4
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

DWF Elite and FoS2.
    Edit: UM Elite also had me rage quitting.
    • Like x 5
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I think Dox is always misleading as the 'hardest'. EO was what was the really hard thing, if you closed the tunnels it was tedious, but doable. It was the easiest to 'make' hard though, which was cool.

USE, same thing. Doing the center only it was one of the harder raids to get done at level...but closing the sides made it much easier, just less fun.

Imma go with DWFE too, there are still people who can't get through this at 100+ CR over. Yeah, someone will finish it, but a lot of the time 5 or 6 of the people are down when those final 2 or 3 wrap it up. 1st and 2nd boss too...depending on the draw.

It's all subjective anyway. I think dps/tank/troll/heal have different experiences in different raids. The massive amounts of adds in USE might make a tank hate it more (rolling out of those bombs can be a PITA with 20 adds around you), whereas DWFE is pretty easy to tank with just a 2 bosses and a few adds(1/2 of which don't tank anyway) to deal with.
    • Like x 3
  5. Lucifoxx Active Player

Spindrift was a nightmare for me. You had to be co ordidnated and it made me not want to raid for WEEKS

All the more satisfying when Black Manta got his rear handed to him.

Another nightmare raid is Blackest Night and Day

Both have 1 shot mechanics and you NEED to pay attention.

Fun story. I once soloed carryed Nekron after failed attempt after attempt. But I EVENTUALLY defeated him and carried a team to a W! I keep a trophy statue of him in my Episode Museum to mark my victory.
    • Like x 3
  6. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

FOS2 at relevancy (and realistically a tier or 2 above).
    That raid was fully legit. Very tough! Loved it.
    To join my raid, mic was required. No communication, no join…. Period
    Honorable mention:
    Paradox wave (mic required)

2nd honorable mentions due to pure fun:
    Prime
    FOS1
    Nexus
    Gates

Plain an simple this was when the game was really fun, when groups needed to communicate. I came back after 6.5 years off an wonder what happened? Now days new content drops an you can Q up for the raid day 1 an beat it 1st try with no wipes in a rando group with no one on mic to communicate.
    Did the communication go away which would make raids too hard which is why they nerf’d em to accommodate the crappy players OR did the players somehow get crappy so they nerf’d raids to the point of ease that communication is not needed?
    Just curious because i noticed after returning that mic’s arent required for anything an you can Q for pretty much anything.
    Raids too easy = no communication needed

I dont think ANY raid should only be beatable by tight nit “elite” groups. I do however think ALL raids should be hard enough that no one would dream of Q’n up and most would not even try w/out a mic to communicate.
    Back in the day, you join a group from LFG and questions went like this (not in this specific order)
    1) have you ran this before?
    2) do you know the mechanics?
    3) whats ur vit (if troll)?
    4) whats your power (if tank)?
    5) can you solo (if healer, but usually u wanted a 2nd heal anyway)?
    6) do u have a mic or at a min can you hear us?

Those were the days!!!
    • Like x 3
  7. ZIGG New Player

FOS2 give me the hardest time
    • Like x 1
  8. zNot Loyal Player

Number 1 always will be Paradox prenerf whoever did that raid good job then DWF E then followed by Ultimate soldier Elite last boss.Nexus was up there aswell. From a tanking perspective

Also there are difficult raids sometimes such as False idols elite the issue is that the way we are now our Single target dps is so high that the fights dont last long making the fights easy then maybe intented older raids were usually longer in duration in the bossfights which contributed to its difficulty.
    • Like x 2
  9. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

DWFE>Dox>FOS2>UMe>Prime>USe>ThroneE
    A lot because Dox and UMe weren't very consistent at launch
    • Like x 1
  10. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

I completely agree with this order;)
    Except with UMe, I heard it was hard, but since I didn't played it I can't tell.
  11. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I can’t really say about DWFe since I wasn’t playing when it was at level. But dox and USe bad most of it’s difficulty coming from trying to not close the portals. At level I do think fos2 was probably worse since it was at base just harder. The biggest factor in this raid was people’s ability to communicate with one another. I actually believe than even khandaq was harder too. I remember so many groups didn’t even know how to close the water in the first zone to begin with. But I can’t say to much about that one only because it was so long ago that it was relevant.
  12. Shalayah Committed Player

The hardest raids for me were Unholy Matrimony elite, FIOS 2 had its painful days but the hardest raid imo was DWF.
  13. Proxystar #Perception

Honestly, I think there's a number of raids that probably had a degree of parity in terms of difficulty at the time of their relevancy, the reality though is nothing is necessarily that difficult when you have experienced players around you (which is why pugging is hit and miss) and a willingness and/or ability to spend the time required to make the content easier through repetition.

With that being said FOS2, Prime, nexus, paradox, DWFe, USe, UMe, even a few modern ones like the JLD and metal raids aren't bad.

Some of those raids though at least in my opinion are actually only difficult because of the restrictive size of the arena, DWFe for example I would say is more difficult simply because of the number of overlapping mechanics going off in a restrictive play space.
    • Like x 1
  14. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Throne of the Dead -Regular- as no one today understands that the essence is, nevermind, i aint explaining it again.
    • Like x 4
  15. zNot Loyal Player

Yes FOS2 was hard aswell but i was mainly saying it from a Tanking perspective for example ultimate soldier elite last boss had many 1 shot mechanics(random bomb drops,hes flame thrower,red aoe arrow) and was hitting hard on top of that and the room was very small so no kiting and fights were lasting a decent amount of time which is good but fos2 wasnt that specificly targeted on the Tank imo and i did tank fos2 and i think what was part of a reason that made it hard was that players were newer to the game and the expert raids back then were also better balanced stats wise (they were hitting hard and had good HP) which also applies to all the earlier raids they were difficult also some of the braniac raids these raids were so fun back then i miss having raids like this.
  16. FiremanMac85 Well-Known Player

You all have completely forgotten about Happiness Home Elite. That raid weeded the men from the boys.
    • Like x 1
  17. Zneeak Devoted Player

That raid really wasn't very difficult tbh, but ofcourse from a pug perspective everything can get out of hand.
    • Like x 1
  18. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

I agree Paradox still leaves painful memories and so does DWFE, even after it was leveled it was even worse, players were dropping like flies, I think it was when they were making the raids balance to the group, it was a disaster. The first boss of COUe is very painful too, I hated it, because too much frequent action coming from the boss for the powers using a lot of "ray" spells is in my opinion, extremely unfair !
  19. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

Probably Throne of the Dead Elite. When people were first learning how to properly tank the Essence and Ares' proximity agro was a new thing.

Paradox Wave, certain combos in Nexus of Reality, very early Prime Battleground....

But no ultimately it's pre-fix Seeds of Rot, when it was outdoors and heroes could heal the boss :D
    • Like x 1
  20. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Ok I see what you mean. I can understand that. I wasn’t tanking back then since I was HL up until gu36 lol. From a non tank perspective I did feel that when it was relevant fos2 was generally harder. I still remember how many people kept dying just from opening the chasm door lol. Or people having to repeat the bridge.

That gave me a good chuckle lol
    • Like x 1