Artifact Hero-Dial

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sammy, Jul 18, 2021.

1. Sammy Well-Known Player

Hero dial gives you a power you can equip, that when you select it, you become a random DC PVE legends character with your stats + minor boost. You change for about ten seconds and until then, you can use their abilities. Then you change back and it goes on cooldown for 1-3 minutes.

[IMG]
    • Like x 7
  2. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

I actually really like this idea. It could act like the phantom zone chunk from the vault, but instead of an Arti slot it can be a buff trinket artifact, much like the bottle city cola is an artifact.
    • Like x 2
  3. DontCare97 Well-Known Player

Hero Dial
    Artifact
    Item Level: 250
    Experience: 1678722
    Requires Role: Damage

7650 Health (+613)
    7650 Power (+613)
    1275 Might (+115)

5% Power
    5% Health
    3% Might

Hero-Dial
    Channel the cosmic energies of the Heroverse with the Hero Dial allowing yourself to access heroes and villains across the multiverse with the hero dial. That also grants multiple new supercharges such as Heroes like Superman, Batman, Wonderwoman, The Flash & Villains like General Zod,Joker,Cheetah,Reverse Flash. Allowing yourself to gain additional might 80-100 5%/120-140 10%/160-180 15%/200 20% (This effect is doubled in damage role)

Unique Equip
    Cannot Trade
    Cannot Sell
    Costs 10x Source Marks

New Iconic Power Idea https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/new-iconic-powers-idea.316565/
    Muni Rework https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/munitions-rework-idea.316549/
    Earth Rework https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/earth-rework-idea-updated.316283/
    Ice Rework https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/ice-rework-idea.316389/
    Necromancer Powers Idea https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/dcuo-necromancer-powers-idea.316597/
    Tactical Mod Rework https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...tactical-mod-rework-idea-improvements.316524/
    Pet Artifact Idea Updated https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/pet-artifact-idea-updated.316618/
    My Pvp Currency Fix https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...-into-the-change-happens.315656/#post-4415378
    Another guy Older Artifact Update Idea https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/older-artifact-update-please.316300/
    Creating A New Power From Already Existing Animations https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...from-existing-animations.314044/#post-4414682
    • Like x 2
  4. Spider Jerusalem Well-Known Player

I half expect this post to be deleted. It's embarrassingly 10x better than the ideas the development team comes up with, and they are notoriously thin-skinned.
  5. Proxystar #Perception

Not personally a fan, I have no real desire to play as an iconic PVE character when the objective of the game is to play as a character I've created, not saying it per se is a bad idea just that I don't actually either see a lot of functional use out of it outside of players that are casual or role play.

The only reason any serious player would use this is if somehow the powers you did while in the mode were incredibly over powered to the point where they're arguably broken and then it wouldn't have any aesthetic appeal to the serious player because it's nothing but functional, they don't care if they look like Batman...

And is it any wonder when people make comments like this one? You are perfectly entitled to like the idea, however, the completely and utterly unnecessary attack of the development team entangled within your response is a bit unnecessary don't you think?

Dude really? You're suggesting a 40% might buff :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  6. DontCare97 Well-Known Player

dude guess what idc
  7. DontCare97 Well-Known Player

Mainly tbh im dominatin most of the best ideas tbh such as trying to add new and improve an existin iconic aka super strength and update tactical mods plus improve on the horrible amount of pvp currency you get for a win and loss Marks of Valor 800 for a win no less 400 for loss no less
  8. Proxystar #Perception

It's difficult to take your idea seriously when you've given no thought as to the impact of the stats you chose, were you just expecting everyone would jump at joy at the idea of a 40% might buff despite how much it would break the game and overall create a negative playing experience?

The premise of your idea in as far as it links in with the overall premise of the suggested artifact, is fine, your idea surrounding what sort of stats should be attributed to it is not good.
    • Like x 2
  9. DontCare97 Well-Known Player

have you put some thought into everything you ever did wait no you didnt you cryin about 40% might when precision runnin everythin if we're being honest im just cuttin down on the trans and fang folks new meta soon Scrap,Pied,Hero either get with the new might program or get left behind your choice get ready to drop over 200 just like everyone else btw you welcome for the art lineup btw heres a lil secret superman hv in the new meta gonna be too op only zods will rival him and btw dont expect a reply from me so just save your reply because i most likely wont see or read it
  10. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Lol he has no idea about balance. He genuinely believes might needs a 40% buff. He actually believes earth needs to be able to do all 4 roles at the same time with pets. He can’t beat easy content so he genuinely believes Prec is that far ahead of might and I wouldn’t be surprised if he actually believed most players are Prec. Look he even listed fang as a meta lol. Nothing he says can be taken seriously. He claims to have all the great ideas for reworks when in reality they are the worst ever posted. And I still believe he made that account that likes all his post and responds to all his post.
    • Like x 7
  11. Proxystar #Perception

You're the one posting the idea details not me, your ideas also aren't above reasonable criticism, if you want to post them on a public discussion forum then you need to be be prepared to have a proper discussion not just turn off with the likes of "don't expect a reply, not reading, blah blah..." This isn't an echo chamber. You're either here to discuss things or you're not.

For the record precision is not "runnin everythin", people that still truly believe that are just terrible might DPS. There's certain scenarios where precision can be superior for certain reasons such as reduced power consumption requirements and having slightly better single target burn but the massive gulf between precision and might doesn't really exist as much as it used too.

There's still a reasonable amount of people in game that are still precision, despite the fact they'd possibly rather not be because the artifact system itself is too restrictive and prohibitive in allowing them to readily change back to might artifacts, in saying that though many would probably only need to level a solar amplifier to 160 to transfer back might given VWD isn't really a precision staple anymore.

Precision is also more "Alt friendly" in terms of dps as it's low power consumption and reasonably good damage output makes it more viable to run a lower SP, lower geared alt character through relevant content in a more efficient fashion than you might otherwise do with might while lacking SP and artifacts.
    • Like x 4
  12. Proxystar #Perception

Yeah I mean I did question the fang internally myself LOL, but decided to just ignore it :D

I guess that explains a bit though.
    • Like x 1
  13. valiant Villian Well-Known Player

I like the idea but with a different twist. I played a different MMO years ago which I will not name but you had a power called 'transformation'. It had a 60 minute cool down so you could actually only use it once in a given raid and people usually saved it for that skin of your teeth, last resort option. It basically made you look like an improved version of yourself with a mad buff that lasted for about 30 seconds. Your health bar would not only refill but also grew in size. Your DPS goes off the chart. When the thing wore off after 30 seconds, you were standing there in rags, your regular typical armor busted and depleted needing immediate repair. It was a last resort option. The ability to use transformation had a story line around it and once achieved, it could be ranked up to last longer and give a better buff.
  14. DontCare97 Well-Known Player

i find that people that still truly believe that are just terrible might DPS line to be very funny when you terrible at everything but im not gonna argue with you so this is what i'll reply with enjoy yourself and take care Mrs Proxystar btw check out my other post if what i said offended you its because thats apart of my programmin but enjoy yourself have fun and btw go play dcuo however you want to seeya
  15. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I always thought the H-dial would be an easy way to do a new power without making a new power . It would work by taking a few abilities from each of the powers and maybe some of the movement modes too. The real problem is what role would you make it ?
  16. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I've always looked at having and playing multiple characters as having a hero dial of sorts. LOL

That aside, I'm not sure how well an Artifact or trinket that transformed you into a Legends character would go over. The pushback on the iconic solos in Origin Crisis and Amazon Fury 1 was significant and getting stuck with a Legends character that has a power/weapon combination that you don't know could be bad in the wrong situation.
    • Like x 1
  17. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Wait, could fang maybe work though???
  18. Proxystar #Perception

You should pay $250USD and level one up immediately, let me know ;)
    • Like x 1
  19. Shalayah Committed Player

It’s crazy how you can suggest to rework powers, nobody likes your ideas so you resort to using a burner account to make it seem like people like your ideas lol
    • Like x 5
  20. Hraesvelg Always Right

Pretty sure this guy is the Platonic ideal of the Dunning-Kruger effect.

Some of us are still prec because our powersets, (ice, in my case) aren't all that well balanced with might loadouts. It's decidedly "meh". I'm much better off keeping my weapons around. I think there would be more of a "fun" factor in having more ice-related powers going off on screen at a time instead of weapon combos, but...eh. I'm more focused on putting out the best numbers with what I have so I'm not dragging a group down.
    • Like x 1