The most boredom dude of the Boredom land

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Yvtq8k3n The 7, Jul 13, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

So...you like gambling...'rolling the dice'. Here, just the thing to scratch that itch. Please leave it out of DCUO any more than we already have it.
    Or if you are PS4, try this.

Once you have your fix, c'mon back and make with the pew-pew-pews again.
    • Like x 1
  2. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

That Orbital Strike REALLY shook things up for me. It is THE perfect replacement for the the neutered Zeus orbital (I can finally stop *itching and moaning about that :p ). I love it. Thank you so much for that. I feel complete. Plus I LOVE the Orange Metallic Material and all of the Cosmic Auras. Thank you and everyone who worked on everything.

[IMG]
  3. nawanda Loyal Player

I’m the last person to defend the devs around here, but your post made me cringe to be honest. There was nothing in the least bit aggressive or even snippy about Charon’s post.

On the contrary, your “major loss of street cred” post was antagonistic and childish, yet met with a measured and detailed response in a neutral, factual tone.

On to the substance of your complaints.

I agree that there are far too many QoL of life problems that are left to rot for years on end. I think there is a significant lack of investment in the game and the devs spend a lot of time fire fighting because they are under resourced. Nonetheless you’re completely justified in sticking the boot in on these issues, you’re a paying customer and loud and clear feedback is consistently ignored around here, to the point where you start to question why you even care any more. Particularly when you get gagged constantly. I’ve been using internet discussion forums of one kind or another for 25 years and never been banned from any of them. I’ve been banned here about a dozen times.

All I am saying is, I would advise you to pick fairer and more reasonable battles than attacking Charon’s posting style.
    • Like x 4
  4. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Oh? Is there a pic of this Orbital somewhere? Could you direct me please? This is the first I'm hearing about it.
  5. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

First of all, I was totally joking, and on myself. It didn't come across that way, but oh well. In any case, are you honestly telling me that people use the term "street cred" on an internet video game sub-forum, unironically? I "LOL" at my own parenthetical about it even, because in my mind, it's inherently silly.

Rather than quoting, as I don't need to bug Charon about it, I'm going to link his post. https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...f-the-boredom-land.316545/page-2#post-4415920

Now, you may not read it as snippy. However I do. And I'll explain why. He was responding to, an making assumptions based from, another post, which solely referenced the booster bundle. He responded that I was disappointed, which I didn't claim to be. And am not. But the snippy part is the italicization of the word bonus. To me, that implies that I am not appreciating the fact that I am being given bonus items, or that I seem demanding of further bonuses.

He also stated that he was talking about things besides the booster bundle. Now, I readily admit that I have magical powers, but knowing what Charon meant by shakeup isn't one of them. So I literally asked if there was anything else, and I got this. Like, what? I never said I was disappointed, and I wasn't even the person that asked about a shakeup in the first place. I'm not the only person who read it this way either, as the very next poster says "oop" indicating that it was some sort of smackdown.

So, obviously and admittedly, I didn't do a good job of communicating that I was being silly, as I thought using "street cred" would do that for me. But when someone in a position of power or status steps out to bash a commoner, then I'll point at the emperor's lack of clothes. Money transfer is a big one, but there are also the light stream and rainbow bugs that have been out for like a year, and tons more.

(TL: DR I thought I was being pretty obviously silly. Multiple people read it as aggressive. Dev told me I how I felt, and I corrected him.)

ETA: And I do have faith in the devs and Charon himself. I truly believe that they do what they think is best, and want us to enjoy the product they make. I just felt his response to me was incorrect and inappropriate.
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Going to lock this one up. I have to be here, but nobody else on the team does. Food for thought.
    • Like x 8
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.