Work In Progress DCUO Development Update - July 2021 - Membership & Access Level Discussion

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Jul 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eve YouTuber

Mepps\Charon what will happen to the Artifacts mission? Part of it force us to go to the vault to complete it and get source marks. Is there going to be a revamped mission?
    • Like x 2
  2. Charon Lead Content Designer

It has been changed to accommodate the... changes.
    • Like x 5
  3. Eve YouTuber

Thank you, so sorry for asking it twice :(
    • Like x 2
  4. Proxystar #Perception

Removing tells, group and league from all chat restrictions is fine, I'm all for even more restricting the LFG and Trade channels because they're global and its where the sellers will spam.

The part I guess I find a little humorous is the underlying sentiment whether deliberately intended or otherwise that $5 is a too bigger deal to pay, I mean if it's got to the point where a $5 purchase is to much, I don't even know what to say, especially when you clearly have all the other financial prerequisites required to connect to the game in the first place.

In his first post Jacob didn't even recommend extra gates, he wanted it straight reduced, extra or alternative gates didn't come in until I hit him up about it :D
    • Like x 1
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Not sure if it was asked or not, but will the DOS content (and end of mission treasure boxes therein) still be 'member' benefit, or will they finally receive 'episode' status and be included with the 'everyone owns all episodes' content? Good either way, just wondering as it's always been the odd duck.
  6. abdul qayyum New Player

Hi, about the not-end-game open worlds, can you make all the loot locks last for 1 day?
  7. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

You didn't hit me up about alternative gates, they were something I came up with as you promptly explained that it's gold sellers that are causing the chat restrictions.

Most of your replies if not all of them have been about: Is $5 too much?
    Is $5 too much?

Is $5 too much?

Is $5 too much?
    Bro, is your subway sandwich prices too much?

You flat out said it yourself, a F2P player will probably decide to spend $5 before they finish story mode; but a F2P player ain't thinking about unlocking LFG chat as their reason to spend $5.

If we want to talk about the underlying sentiment here: It's the sorry conclusion that you and everyone else think people need to pay the tab for a problem they didn't create. (Even if it's dirt cheap $5, it's still wrong.) If I may go back to my level 30 solution once more, I mentioned how it would become the gold sellers that would be paying the price for chat access and not the player.

But instead of elaborating a solution you'd truly prefer, it's back to spare $5 bro?

If your gonna attempt to switch the discussion on me, do a better job at being subtle about it/hiding it.

Me being deliberate with my replies was 100% intentional because I knew this wasn't gonna be constructive.

Players who enjoy DC will get to level 30.

Bots will have to use a skip to level 25(which means they'd still have to play the rest of the missions to get to 30.) Or pay a hefty price in the CR skip tokens to get to 30 instantly.

But nah, let's go create bigger restrictions because yay gatekeeping right?
    Might as well go full FF14 with the restrictions... Oh wait, DCUO ain't nowhere near as good with subscription players or is talked about as heavily as FF14 is; never mind.

Anyways, I'll respectively agree to disagree and leave my final reply here.
    • Like x 2
  8. Proxystar #Perception

Yeah, I'm not sure we'll see eye to eye on this one Jacob, but that's fine, no worries :)
    • Like x 1
  9. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Reading the announcement I can see that you all took the concerns we raised in the prev membership perks thread seriously and tried to address them in this announcement and deliver where you could. Most of what we suggested is on the table in some form. I want to give credit where it's due. I do think this is well done.

However. My primary concern of the "selling point" of membership is still unaddressed. There's no argument that if you're playing there's more value in subing. But I'll still save the most money by not subbing, so, I need a reason to motivate me to sub. Great discounts are great retention tools but poor inducements otherwise. Only grandmas get that excited (enough to sub) about discounts. I still need to see the game make progress on legitimate center stage features to bring in/back new subs. As it stands now, with the next DLC/Update the game will be at a point where it's playable again (because most of the changes amount to QoL requests of different kinds) and it will smooth over literal years worth of criticisms but within a month or so people will be back to requesting features like powersets, movements, weapons, graphics engine updates, VFX refreshes, and so on...

Thanks for your time.
  10. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

Hey, sorry to ask this but since is somewhat related to GU:105, I would like to ask.
    Now that the game is shifting to the free to play model(and this time for real;) ) what will happen to the treasures that drop at the end of certain episodes (Deluge, Atlantis, E3...).
    I has premium that brought some of this dlcs, could open them, but still I'm curiouse.
    Sorry to bother;)
    • Like x 1
  11. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Here's what I want to see as a Membership Benefit: Either an exclusive "Luck Stat" that increases the drop rate of Uncommon, Rare, and Legendary Loot, OR an equppable Artifact that increases said drop rates. This would MUST apply to EVERYTHING, even Boo$ter Bundles and Time Capsules, otherwise the purpose of having it is defeated!

Here's why...

On the most recent Time Capsules, where the odds/percentage chances are listed, the rarest (and therefore most desirable) item is listed as "<1%". Total rubbish. :mad:

Other games give Player Characters a Luck Stat you can put points into, which tilts the odds in your character's favor a little more with each point you put into it, increasing your chances to get the rarest loot, and increasing the amount of money foes drop, things like that. And then some other games have equippable gear items that increase the drop rate of Rare and Legendary items. The Borderlands series makes good use of that latter option.

DCUO is LONG overdue for giving us something like that, because I've opened at least 200 of the appropriate Time Capsules, and I've STILL never gotten a Black Or White Neon Chroma Materials Box. I'm going to have to buy the damn things from Boo$ter Gold whenever that Time Capsule is finally permanently retired. :(

Guess I'll just keep saving up my Quarks in the meantime. :(
    • Like x 2
  12. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

The issue comes down to memberships becoming a nice thing to have and a must have. Players shouldn’t feel like they have to have membership to play. If they add to many things than the price of the membership would also increase. I PERSONALLY find great value in the 500 daybreak cash as well as the new login currency which members would get a bonus amount which is 3x the value of the non membership players (all together being 4x as much since players with benefit can claim both). Now, depending on what the new vendor bring this could be even more beneficial or not. Even those who are not interested in artifact can use those marks for other things.

If like that they are taking a stand and making it a nice to have without making it mandatory to have like it used to. All the changing coming with the update are geared to getting and retaining née players. That is incredibly important for the overall health of the game whether we like the changes or not. And that includes the membership perk update
    • Like x 3
  13. DadWithSuperPowers New Player

My wife has been trying to get the sinister clockwork trinket for years. will these be available for purchase after the vault is done away with?
  14. Sometimes_random New Player

So I was reading in game that escrow is being removed from the game? Is this a true statement because I have almost 79k in escrow on my villain
  15. IVIU-T-3D New Player

Premium cash unlock will be a win for the overall daily population of this game. Since launch of ftp the cash cap has drove out more players than it drew in. Happy to see the change* finally come, sad to see it coming long after a lot of us have already left.

Members need to get over it, cash cap is and always was a trash way to get members. I think this new vision of making membership "wanted*, but not needed" is going to draw more players overall.
    • Like x 1
  16. YoummusBlade New Player

just one question, did you guys forgot to implemente free chat to f2p. you open episodes but then you force a limit 5 times chat use!!
    cmon, give f2p free chat so people can actually invite people for raids and talk about the game so people learn more about the game.
  17. thedemonocus Loyal Player

Any idea when this will be on the test server?
    • Like x 1
  18. Royal Knight Kiryu Well-Known Player

Are you still planning to go through with the stat clamping?
  19. Eve YouTuber

I doubt their plans has changed for stat clamping, because this is the direction they chose for the game.
    • Like x 2
  20. Eve YouTuber

Hopefully soon, the suspense is killing me :confused:
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.