Stats Clamp & Battle Role

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by catplaysxoxo, Jul 10, 2021.

1. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I’m sorry but didn’t you make another thread before about “exposing” bad players where it was revealed that you weren’t even doing your primary role? Even using the “suicide” artifact which ended up putting strain on your healer.

I personally do battle roles situationally when it’s the right place to do it. Ive battle healed without anyone ever dying or dropping below half health and ended top damage. I’ve battle trolled with no ones power falling below 80 percent and having top damage. And I’ve battle tanked without anyone taking unneeded damage from wondering adds/mechanics while also not letting my health drop and also being too dps. So yes I can do battle roles just fine.

However I’ve seen a lot of terrible battle role players who do as you do and try to be a dps first and the role second. Then they blame other people for when things go bad. “The healer wasn’t healing”, “the dps didn’t kill the adds walking loose” , “the troll didn’t keep the healer powered whi was s spamming the priority trying to keep the battle tank alive”.

Most players can. I do battle roles. A lot of people can’t even do the support roles without even throwing in battle roles into the mix either. So even thou I personally do like to run battles roles id be perfectly fine if stats clamp made them impossible in older content
    • Like x 2
  2. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

My attitude? You're the one who said you immediately ask to be excused from the instant. I got defensive because you don't even give players a chance and the benefit of the doubt that they can do their job well. If you had worded it differently then my response to you would be different as well. News flash but feats were never a priority to the general community only to the select few who wish to gain as much skill points as possible because they believe skill points is above all else. Certain roles do require enough skill points to do their main role such as fire tanking and even more as a battle-role. Most definitely I was doing my job but it's much easier if doing damage is part of it such as atomic. Nowadays from meta thrive players they have the same boring loadout consisting of many shields and one pull. You might as well just play Ice. You don't need to take out Robot Sidekick from your loadout if you need a shield. You can get a shield called "Dampening Shield", regardless a shield in dps role won't last long. You either have to rely on a tank, healer or controller to give you a lasting shield. There's nothing wrong with just being a tank, healer or troll. The same can be said about elite players, what is wrong with just doing normal content. The simple answer is to further improve in yourself. Not sure if it was Proxy or some other celestial healer but they are also knowledgeable in battle-roles. Some powersets are just better at different things and it takes a skilled player to find that out and further advance themselves in such power and abilities.
  3. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

It was a rant thread and the title had a question mark. You and others take what you want from it and get whatever answer you feel comfortable with. The fact that I used Lernaea's Amulet as a tank (atomic)-(I tried it with Earth but realized going the pet route was much better and safer) is the precisely why I use it. It's the perfect setup with it. If no tank ever tried to go out of the norm the art wouldn't have been nerfed be thankful there are players being creative instead of doing the same old repetitive. How exactly was it revealed I wasn't doing my job? Let's break down some things since you wish to bring up stuff like that. I pull adds, I take all the heat from the group minus scripted attacks, I can sustain myself without a healer I have videos proving that, I position myself so that the enemy is facing away from the group, taunting of course, I juggle enemies and stun them. Sometimes I'll even add a shield and that is more or less situational. I never had a healer complain in fact they like to gloat that they are OP they can just solo heal any content. Usually those who complain about battle-roles are DPS scoreboard chasers which for JC hasn't been removed.

What I did notice is that they believe tanks health shouldn't fluctuate lol so they end up saying that tank is squishy. I made a video with a fire tank using the amulet and it has good results because of their enormous health pool. To battle-role is to know your role and the mechanics of whatever content you're doing. As you and others have said, some players can't even do their main role but this thread isn't about them it's about battle-role and stats clamped. I'm not sure but I don't think artifacts will be affected by stats clamped. I do feel things are going to be very interesting once it goes live because even at that there are high end players who still don't know what to do so with the reintroduction of stats clamped, things are going to be heated.
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I stopped read mid way cause that’s a whole lot of defense text. So I’m just gonna break it down as simply as I can.

Bad battle supports: trying to dps while in support role blaming everyone else (you did do a bit of blaming if I remember correctly. If not I apologize)
    Ok battle supports: they are doing their roles while doing damage. Group notices
    Good battle supports: you are doing your role while doing damage. Group doesn’t notice until they see the scoreboard.

So many battle roles think they are good when they are really just ok or mediocre. Sorry to break it so harshly. If you are a battle heal and you are draining the troll or the groups health keeps dipping more than normal than you aren’t really a good battle healer.

If you are a battle troll and the groups power keeps running low than you aren’t a good battle troll.

If you are a battle tank and the healer keeps having to heal you extra or the troll is having trouble powering the healers trying to heal you than you are t a good battle tank.

It’s a hard pill to swallow but it’s true. If you are putting extra strain on the group even if it’s not failing than you are not doing your job. The same goes for regular roles including dps. If you are causing unneeded strain than you aren’t doing your role. That doesn’t mean you can’t get better.

If you want to use the amulet than fine I never said don’t use it. But you can’t blame others for not wanting to run with you because you use it. Why should the healers be forced to heal the extra strain you bring? “But I can heal myself” is a terrible excuse. How’s any healer supposed to know when you are gonna activate the heal? If the healer doesn’t pump out extra heal and you mess up and die than the whole group suffers. Now the healer is becoming a strain on the troll. And if the troll is using the claw to buff the dps than the healer can not rely on extra power dumps to regain all the power they lost healing you.

So yes use it if you want. But just because others don’t want to run with you using it than no you don’t expose anyone.
    • Like x 3
  5. Proxystar #Perception

Haha, fair enough, as you were :D
    • Like x 1
  6. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

7. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I'm a little surprised to see you on Team Battle Roles. Last we spoke you were heavily against them, though you could still be and just defending them for this case I don't know
    • Like x 1
  8. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

DCUO will be a much better place when players stop asking about "battle tank/troll/healer" and just play the role they chose to be.
    • Like x 6
  9. Illumin411 Loyal Player

As far as raids I agree. As far as open world bounties, alerts and any content where less healing, damage mitigation, etc is necessary, why not sacrifice the unnecessary degree of those things for extra damage?
    • Like x 2
  10. Proxystar #Perception

LOL, nah I have a battle tank build, it's circumstantial, but it has merit, so yeah my view has changed. It's useful at times. As long as the player is doing what is needed of them, if they're trying to battle role and failing, well, that deserves the same thing as when some pure role player is failing.

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  11. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

At that point you might as well dps though, controllers and tanks are barely required if at all for alerts and if you solo heal with 3 dps you can't really "battle heal" you'll just get lunged on everything and you'll prob have aggro a number of times.
    • Like x 1
  12. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I actually battle heal the alert all the time with 3 dps. Yes I do get all the aggro. No one does, overall damage increases. Never really had an issue with that. Most of the adds in the alert actually don’t lunge all to often for some reason lol.

Now, this isn’t advertisement for everything to do it. If I see someone else battle heal while I’m on a tank toon I usually just go battle tank too lol
  13. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Yes but a player like yourself would understand mechanics and what npcs are doing and when instead of just having tunnel vision pewpew and mash every button on your controller and hope for the best :D
    • Like x 2
  14. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Lol that’s why I said I’m not advertising others to do it. There are people who aren’t understanding their own role, let alone battle roles. Even dps have the same issue with the scoreboard vs mechanics
    • Like x 3
  15. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Right. I guess I was talking about when there’s no healer. Granted I’ve done plenty of all DPS runs. But some players get anxiety when they see no healer lol.
  16. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Because its better to let the dps’s do their job so they can learn to do their job rite. Dps’s that are good are lacking. Any help we can give them in learning to do their job rite also is best lol
  17. Anubis New Player

I have never tried battle role before, any tips to be good in it ? LOL Celestial Healer here btw
  18. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

You want advice on battle role or celestial battle role?
  19. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

Lol, this brings up nightmares from running with those so called celestial battle healers.
    You ask them, "what are you doing?" after the tank and a few others have been going down like 2 dollar street walkers. The reply......I'm battle healing!!!
    I'm like ok & I look at the heal score for everyone.
    O.0......dudes usually have zero heals out EXCEPT FOR HEALING THEMSELVES and ton of damage taken. LOL

I then reply.... No you're not.
    They get angry and reply, "look at all my heals."
    I 'm telling the guys, "look at all the damage you're taking.
    They get angrier
    I'M BATTLE HEALING!!!!
    In reply
    NOOOOOOO........
    You're getting your booth whooped and the tank keeps dying.
    They always revert to
    LOOK AT MY HEALS

I never can get them to understand that ALL THOSE HEALS are because ALL THAT DAMAGE they are taking.

LOL
  20. Anubis New Player

both if you can pls, because we might have a league run and YT doesn't cover that part for roles