DCUO Development Update - July 2021

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 7, 2021.

1. Royal Knight Kiryu Well-Known Player

Let me get this straight you don’t think that the powers are broken? I’m sorry let me start with ice tanking. That power entirely based around shields and how many mechanics in game do we have that go right through those shields? And let’s not even get in to the DPS for that power. Let’s ignore the fact that the PI for it is watered crap. Honestly if you’re gonna sit here and tell me with a straight face that the powers are balanced and that things work the way they should yeah might want to try being a bit more convincing and I actually have some skin in the game before you try to piss on my leg and call it rain.
    Oh let’s try another one tell me how mental for PVP is not broken because I’d love to hear the logic behind that. Feel free to explain to me and every other single player in this game how the hell is it that a controller has a higher survivability then almost every tank in the game. I mean it’s not like they didn’t do you know stack clamp every aspect of PVP right? I mean honestly of all the powers in the game we’re just OK and nothing was broken in serious need of repair then there wouldn’t be such a heavy lopsided choice of powera in what you see right? Or we could try to go back to rage tanking and you can explain to me how is it that that powers mechanics are related to dominance which that by the way is capped but the healing from it comes from its resto. Comes off to me and anyone who understands powers as a decision made by a developer who has a serious drug addiction and can’t tell the difference between the two because there’s no tank power in the game that’s a smoldering pile of crap like that. Does Atomic tanking work the same way since it’s a tank too right? or we could jump over to sorcery because I’d love for you to explain to me and everyone here how exactly is it that the powers are consistent and work the way they are listed. Because when it comes to the cool downs on that one, the clip-ability and the PI that is 10 pounds of crap in a 5 pound bag. Last weekend just to make sure that we’re all on the same page here they talked not too long ago that is the developers about doing a revamp for super charges to make them all the same whether they’re a 5000 or 10,000 Sunday we’re going to change from 5000 to 10,000 because that would balance it in the process I wonder if commonsense ever knocked em upside the head like a baseball thrown at them and give them a moment of clarity to realize the powers are already designed to work a certain way up to including their super charges and altering them that kind of makes them even further imbalanced.
    • Like x 4
  2. Royal Knight Kiryu Well-Known Player

I have touched every and I mean every power and role in this game over the last decade. I have seen the developers promise one thing and deliver some thing else with almost consistent surgical precision. If you think that what they’re proposing in this will be positive and it will be to the better what they deliver you are a fool. Do you want proof of that ask yourself this when’s the last time they demonstrated a change in this game for a power where they weren’t hiding on an empty server in god mode? How about actually attacking things at level that attack you back instead of just hitting a spine target. Most of you here already know that you’re a hell of a lot of abilities you can be knocked out of and that is a very important issue that should be addressed. What good is a power that can hit for 100, million and damage it almost every single time you get knocked out of it? They can set things up all they want on paper but they’re never in the game in real instances against real people testing it to see if it works. They got rid of all of their game masters over five years ago and the game has been on a nose dive straight into the local dump ever since. Think of how much easier and better things would be right now if they actually had people in the game face-to-face that could report to them in real time discrepancies and deficiencies so that they could be addressed immediately. Everybody in this game is consistently begging for more styles more auras some new power whatever it is and while the cosmetics may be great it doesn’t mean a damn thing if the core content is still broken. Have they done a few good things sure they set it up so you can switch to different phase and they finally addressed the issue in the broker, but that’s it. Of all the problems this game has they’ve only fixed two.
    • Like x 4
  3. Royal Knight Kiryu Well-Known Player

Flat out when you level other people up who never put in the work to the same level of individuals who HAVE put in the work (i.e. stat clamping) in the same breath YOU (developers) are telling them (the new players) they don’t have to put in the work, that they can run with the lions and be their equals YOU are also telling every individual who did put in that work (veterans) that their sacrifice doesn’t mean a damn thing, that their effort doesn’t mean a damn thing, and to you THEY don’t mean a damn thing! Veteran players have put in hundreds if not thousands of hours if not years to get to where they are to earn what they have and just like you’ve proposed and done in the past you are now proposing to even further more strip away what they have earned. Honestly if your issue is the gap between new players and veteran players being so wide instead of stripping away from those who’ve already earned their place why don’t you introduce new rewards that are paid out to individuals who go back take the time and help bridge that gap? Hell it isn’t hard to introduce cut scenes to newly created characters that emphasize the point of finding a league that will properly train them.
    • Like x 4
  4. hugojheredia Active Player

Congratulations. All sounds good! (But, please, the people with other lenguage cant hear the english voice acting. Are mute. Only the players on Switch can)
  5. ThePanda Active Player

My guy, what are you talking about? You can literally and for a while now buy your way into the end game but now that your stats get clamped suddenly new players being "equals" is a bad thing? You are still going to be stronger than the new player who is grinding out their, they don't get boosted up, you get lowered down, so odds are they won't have the same Skill Points nor the same level of Artifacts you will have, meaning you will still be way out of their league in terms of power. So in actuallity while you may be in the same CR tier in THAT instance, you won't actually be equals, unless you are terrible at the role, you should still do way more damage than someone who is barely in that instance cause they meet the minimum requirement.. please think about all the factors.. just once
    • Like x 2
  6. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I'm a little disappointed with the new membership benefits and expected a little more to make the grind easier...especially on alts, but other than that, everything else looks exciting! One question, and sorry if this has already been asked, my time and attention span won't let me comb through 23 pages of comments, but do you plan on expanding the ally system eventually so we could use them in place of people to que for content? While these changes are sure to get a surge of people running older stuff, eventually were gonna run into the same problem we have now where it's hard to get people to que up for specific content in a timely manner. The ally system seems like a promising feature to help fix this.
  7. Learnmoretalkless New Player

All these people defending stat clamping as if they were at the round table discussing with the developers about this plan are the reasons this game will continue to plummet into oblivion.

All this talk about yeah old content will be filled that’s not true at all.

I guarantee you that all the old content that isn’t instance based such as portals to old content/episodes to grab gear and do daily missions and complete feats that are now forgetten will still be a baron wasteland.The change only offers a potential to fill queues.

As I stated before if veterans players are barely scarcely playing old content now.Why would the majority of players now help new players when they can make Pre made groups to farm source marks without dealing with the complications of a fresh new player.

1.Make a queue for new players and veterans to be at the respective level.
    2.Make a queue where veterans players can queue up without being stat clamped.

All these people defending stat clamping is the soul reason this game is in its state right now prove me wrong.You’re defending something you have no entirety about without adding any solutions.

Someone who blindly defends a decision that forces other players who aren’t aware of these changes is a negative instead of adding any solution you literally have people “stat clamping” oh wow that’s great! That’s really going to boost the player base up yeah right.

It’s 2021 first and foremost there’s need to be a steady player base for those queues to be filled.If you think for a second it’s going to rejuvenate the game I promise you it’s not.For the first month there be a spike in the player base after that it will dwindle down to the loyal players like the ones in these comments defending stat clamping.

The funny thing is I’m not even going over the real complications this game has it’s unbelievable yet honestly it’s not after 10 years this game has only gone downhill.

I will keep saying this don’t reply saying new players won’t learn since the devs offered a 255CR SKIP with skill points included as well as a 290CR SKIP with skill points included for free bypassing literally all the old content.

The last skip was in January how many new players you think decided to take the 290CR Skip rather than grind through the game base level 1.
    • Like x 3
  8. Royal Knight Kiryu Well-Known Player

Yes I know what they’re proposing is nothing new in terms of nerfing Seasoned players, and that should be a bad thing that it’s even a thing to begin with. I’m going to go out on a limb and say you probably don’t have enough skill points to match her CR let alone a combat experience to know what’s right and what’s wrong. Tell me if you’re so intent on willingly excepting having what you worked and earned taken from you why do you have a problem with others saying no that they shouldn’t have what they earned taken from them or water down in value?
    • Like x 1
  9. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I have 605sp and I think this is a great thing for the game. Steamrolling via button mashing is mind-numbingly boring. Even with stat-clamping, I still won't run any reg raids made after elite raids became a thing. They'll still be too easy to be entertaining.
  10. Cordelia Well-Known Player

Mepps said this: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...-update-july-2021.316447/page-14#post-4413949

"Allies are not in any way a replacement for group members."

So I think the answer is no. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news (I would have liked that, as well).
    • Like x 1
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I see from your sig, you've got full elite and 200 artis as well (a combination of them), and probably applied those 605SP in the most advantageous way? Probably at least 2 Armories for 'specialty' builds to maximize your burn or effectiveness. Pop a nitro/flex and Omega on the regular? Why? It makes it more boring, right? I'd guess you've worked on your rotation and clipping moves to maximize your output. Where's the challenge?

I just watched one of ObsidianChill's videos where mid rotation he's changing out artis to maximize their benefits, and I'd guess several people will latch on to that. There's nothing wrong with doing it, but to do it (or max yourself out) then complain it's too easy now is silly. Again, who are the people who are making it 'boring'? Oh, yeah....we, the users are.

I get (and most non-clamp types get) that there needs to be some challenge to make it more interesting in what we choose to run, however a HUGE part of this game is grind vs 'choice' mandates. Grind for marks, grind or cats, grind for SP, grind for XP, grind for money drops...but on occasion choose something to do purely or fun when you have time. Maybe someone's idea of fun is soloing an old alert/raid, or OW boss. Maybe it's dragging a group of lowbies into old stuff and teaching them feats/mechanics or even just carrying them through some stuff. Who's to tell you that's not fun if you like doing it...although maybe that's not fun for you. Making things mandatory takes the choice away from the equation and we are left with just grind. That's not fun really, even if it is going to add a challenge. Forcing people to do stuff is never really 'fun'.

And the whole thing about this will help get into all the old content is just silly. Once the initial rush for source is over, the quickest easiest runs will be what pops in quick queue, and for the other...harder runs it will be LFG/League groups doing them. Or if there is queuing, people will leave or kick when things go bad...they already do that in the 'easy' content today without the clamp.

It sounds like there will be periodic 'events' where much like 'raid the universe' there is a spotlight or rewards from specific runs and those will be clamped/buffed so everyone can run them. Not sure why this couldn't have been implemented on a rotating basis, leaving the rest as is....that would satisfy both camps really and might have been a good compromise. Maybe it will work out exactly as intended...in fact I hope it will...I'm just not holding my breath just yet. Time will tell.
    • Like x 1
  12. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

Somoene has a bat and some stones to throw hehe.
    I can understand your feelings has a tank I can agree with some of your statements.
    Super-speed moviment is hella busted. (For the love of life, please make phase dodge an iconic power)
    Flight is a joke of moviment mode. Why is freaking Lex Luthor faster then me while in combat.(I will never know)
    Dust-off is a joke. (Please replace it for a long swoop, similar to dash attack and prefect poise)
    Ice tanking is like a cake walk, specially on SM. (A simple shift of some of Wind Ward sheild percentage into Reflect would fix it)
    Rage is my favourite power, but regardless its heals are mechanic based(flat 75-80%) not resto based, dom just increases the sheilds for what i remember, but I could make sure if u want.
    Sheild lunging is like 3 times faster then the 2nd fastest weapon(1-h) in the game, if thats not broken please tell me more.

I could be here all day. Indead there are a few outliers that diserve work, but again we are still way better then AM era, at least you see dps of all colors and shapes, instead of only Mental and Gadgets.
    In this SM I also saw all type of tanks, sure some were backup tanks and sure there is alot of work in the SM in general. Regardless, if we get a few more powers passes, I think we can go into the right direction.

Im not an arena pvp'er myself since I mostly play legends pvp, but I know who does and a few things about it. Both you and me know that pvp inst the focus at this game, at least not right now. Why not give a chance to the classics? I remenber having a blast on them.
    • Like x 1
  13. Rejchadar Inquisitor

The problem is that you have even less of this knowledge ... to argue that the ice tank has problems when he was the king of tanks in the last SM season ... is just stupid.
    Your claims to the rage are also meaningless, rage has three healing mechanics, the most important one does not depend at all on the tank's stats (a constant percentage of the damage received), the secondary one is the theft of life and depends on your damage and is limited by the percentage of the sum of your dom and resto, and one single skill that heals according to the standard formula of treatment, which is influenced by both the dom and the resto ... we can continue to list your mistakes, but this is quite enough to understand how incompetent you are and how ridiculous your words are: "a combat experience to know what’s right and what’s wrong "
    • Like x 2
  14. Royal Knight Kiryu Well-Known Player

Oh really? Why don’t you go use remorseless recovery or rage bringer or ire as fully dominance no skill points in the resto and then do it again with all your skill points into resto and no dom and tell me they’re the same. The fact that you already don’t know they’re staggering difference between the two tells me that there’s a reason why players eyes are brown that being a force because you’re full of crap. Oh sure the description may say one thing but when the powers are actually put to use they do something else. I mean think about it if the description was honest then just using the group heal power for sorcery would actually feed the damn watcher instead it really doesn’t. Hell while you’re at it why don’t you show me the difference in healing from benediction and maldaction in celestial with the full combo completed dominance and then again being fully specked in restoration and tell me that there is no difference between the two.
    • Like x 1
  15. ThePanda Active Player

A few simple words on why.. because IT IS STILL THERE. The stat clamps only apply to the old content. Which means the last three episodes out you don't get stat clamped. You still have everything you worked hard for, my presence here might be a "new player" but i've played this game since it came out.. I've worked for everything I have and because I know that it will always be there in the End Game... where I am at, I am okay with the lower tiered stuff clamping my stats cause at the end of the day. ME, MYSELF and I have chosen to go back and get my stats clamped down, it is an option to go back and play it or not, there is no "you must play old content or else" clause.

Simple matter is that in the end it doesn't matter, everything is there and will be there, you have to remember this game has more than just what is currently out, there are people joining the game at random times.. heck I already have convinced a couple of people to join the game ONCE this episode is live. I can assume that others will have people joining and people learning and joining on their own, this is going to help the game, it will breath life into it.
    • Like x 2
  16. MEMO2 Level 30

where the new dlc ????????????????????????????????????? we need new dlc the game is boring
  17. Eve YouTuber

It's coming out in August. It still needs to hit test before that.
  18. MEMO2 Level 30

There are two types of players
    Professional player
    And a weak player

Do not make the strong player with the weak player together

u must but option when searching for a group in q if my art 200 must find group like me
  19. Rejchadar Inquisitor

I will repeat once again that rage has 3 healing mechanics that use 3 different formulas, one does not use resto for calculations at all, the other two have both a dom and a resto in the formula. RB and RR use different mechanics from Ire, Ire uses the standard formula for healing ((BHM * (30% + 25%) this will give you 17% more healing from resto than from dom), RB and RR heal an amount equal to the amount of damage limited: approximately 19.4% of the sum of the dom and resto.
  20. MEMO2 Level 30

Chat has become boring every time we need to look for player in LFG why i need to do this ?? i just want to Q and find player like me with elite gear and full art like me I wish there was a search button for players elite